©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Back, Traps and rear delts today.

High volume with very little rest between sets.

No drop sets or anything cause I knew I had a long ass day of work ahead of me in this 100+ degree heat.

I lived in your neck of the woods for a while about 10 years ago brother, i feel ya on the heat. I worked as a hvac installer, replacent work for old construction. All the units i ripped out and replaced were in attics. Hottest temp i recorded on my digital thermometer was 163 degrees :eek: needless to say lifting took a back seat during that time period.lol

Bis, tris, traps today. No gameplan yet just gonna wing it, plan on beating them up real good with 15 sets each

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I lived in your neck of the woods for a while about 10 years ago brother, i feel ya on the heat. I worked as a hvac installer, replacent work for old construction. All the units i ripped out and replaced were in attics. Hottest temp i recorded on my digital thermometer was 163 degrees :eek: needless to say lifting took a back seat during that time period.lol

Bis, tris, traps today. No gameplan yet just gonna wing it, plan on beating them up real good with 15 sets each

I'm a floor covering installer. No attics for me. :cool:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Just got home from a killer arm and trap session. Preworkout consisted of 100mg drol(found legit source this time) 100mg TNE, and 24cc's of syntherol spread out in 16 injects all over bis and tris :D

4-straight bar curls shoulder width grip
3-reverse grip curls straight bar
4-seated incline closegrip cable curls
3-dumbell 21's superset with seated concentration curls which i did drop sets
with (6-6,5-5,4-4,3-3)
3-vertical dips(bodyweight 20 reps)
4-skullcrushers with ez curl bar, superset with closegrips same weight no rest
4-cable pressdowns, last set drop set stripping method
4-upright rows ez curl bar
5-closegrip shrugs ez curl
2-db shrugs, drop sets running down the rack
4-seated calf raises (been hitting a few sets of calves every upperbody day, so they look good in shorts all the time...hit harder on leg day)

Talk about a primo pump with the syntherol and supersets!

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Leg and forearm day, least favorite for me but still make sure to turn my legs to jello. Any suggestions to make it more fun for me, like something that will really blast quads? Usually do squats, lunges, 2diff leg presses, hack squats, extensions...looking for an ideal superset or something. My gym is a locally owned private gym by my dads boss. He has plenty of free weights and about 20 machines, however legs are pretty much limited to what i listed. But hey i can go anytime i want. Have my own key and it costs absolutely nothing :sHa_thumb2:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I did calves plus frt and side delts today.

Freakin delts blew up even during the warm up. Not sure what I'm doing or taking but I love it!

Four Tri sets of Standing, seated and Leg Press calves and Calves were shakin

Inc Lateral rais 3 sets
Wide grip Uprights 3
Single arm laterals 3

Hammer Strength Press for 3
DB Frt Raise 3
Standing PBN 4 Last one was a burn out for 33 reps to failure.

I generally do most sets in the 10 to 15 rep range.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
You guys siting down? I trained legs this afternoon! First time in a LONG time. I wasn't able for a number of months due to the stent I had and it caused a lot of irritation when I strained in the lower body. Now that's out and I can move forward. Didn't go all out because I want to be able to walk tomorrow :D I am already feeling it… I will keep ramping it up from here. Man this feels great! Like the old Brick.

You guys have a good weekend!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Was going to skip training today. Went to Staten Island, NY for a signing at Barnes and Nobles with Kai Greene. Kai and I talked for almost 15 minutes (his handlers were trying to move things along, but Kai kept chatting which was awesome!) I left afterwards and headed home and had 45 minutes to train so I jammed it in and killed some fores/bis/tris. Hey, inspiration was there, I had to.
:D

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Was going to skip training today. Went to Staten Island, NY for a signing at Barnes and Nobles with Kai Greene. Kai and I talked for almost 15 minutes (his handlers were trying to move things along, but Kai kept chatting which was awesome!) I left afterwards and headed home and had 45 minutes to train so I jammed it in and killed some fores/bis/tris. Hey, inspiration was there, I had to.
:D
at first I didn't really care for him but the more stuff I watch with him in the more I enjoy and he's starting to grow on me. now he probably won't be one of my all time fav's like Titus before the shit he pulled or big kiwi or Lee priest but might make it in the top 8 or so. he seems like a genuine guy which is cool.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
You guys siting down? I trained legs this afternoon! First time in a LONG time. I wasn't able for a number of months due to the stent I had and it caused a lot of irritation when I strained in the lower body. Now that's out and I can move forward. Didn't go all out because I want to be able to walk tomorrow :D I am already feeling it… I will keep ramping it up from here. Man this feels great! Like the old Brick.

You guys have a good weekend!

Hey Brick, that's awesome. Baby steps, brother!

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Brick like always ,the iron shall never rest when you enter the gym.. Glad you put them to work theye had a well needed break.
Did a small back session in an outa state gym which had no calve machine. Wtf? Lol. Nice machines and a gym desingned for a beauty pump before you hit the beach.....but im beautiful already
so I will try out a new place soon.. This area is calling my name so move will be in my close future .

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Just got done eating my post workout meal. Did quads and hams this morning.

Man I hate training Hams. I find it very boring. Anyway it went like this

Extensions 4 sets, last was a drop
Leg Press 4 and last was Rest Pause, DC style
Sissy squat 3
Squat 3
walking lunges just one set. Freakin pussy! lol

Standing leg curl 4
Romanian DL 4
Single leg lying curl 2

I usually do hams first but decided to quads first today.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Hit chest/calves today heard some people talking when I was lifting and one if my ear buds fell out talking about how big and strong I am lol. I was just thinking the entire time lemme show you how strong my dick is to your gals lol. They were their doing some sort of gay ass crossfit exercises with their old ladies. In their defense I was using up to 80 dumbbells doing fly's but whatever.

Hell had another guy spot me and on bench tell me how he wants to be as big as me too lol. Gym was pretty empty today but after a 72 hour work week would've been more if we didn't get rained out Monday. Friday they decided to give everyone off for fathers day. I needs a break after those hours this week plus driving an hour and half each way all week.

Shit made me feel good til I got back and read some peoples max on exercises psych/chickenhawk fuckers.

Anyways hope everyone enjoyed their Fathers day. I'm off to bed 4 am comes way to early.

Last edited:

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
A little unorthodox training today. It had been 6 months since i waxed my explorer, so yesterday spent 5 hours detailing it. Then, had to go celebrate fathers day last night with my pops so i blew off lifting. Sometimes you just hafta do that, family first ya know. Anyways combined leg day and chest/back/delt tonight...had to trim some sets off though to fit it in 2 hours.

5 min warmup on stepper
7-leg press increasing in weight till max on last set
4-hack squats
4-leg extensions for quads
3-ham curls, lying
6-one leg calf raises with dumbell superset with bodyweight raises
3-wrist rollers for forearms(pvc pipe deal)
4-flat benches, bar
4-machine incline flyes
3-machine press, delts
3-machine lateral raises
2-db front delt raises
2-widegrip pulldowns behind neck
2-widegrip pulldowns front
4-closegrip underhand pulldowns, last set drop stripping method

Not as good as my normal split, but still got a good pump on plus accomplised some needed things over the weekend...