©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Wow summer must be taking over lol!Thanks brick . I'm gonna just follow your example as much as possible. Heading in tom gym shortley for ??????
just playing it by feel . trying to get that second wind. talk soon. All have a great day! T tater tater play wit da tater later.................

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well got great news heavy rain and thunderstorms, possible tornadoes so off til Monday been working 5-7 days a week this weeks been 13-15 hours. So I'm heading to the house to surprise the old lady and hope to get there before she gets off to show up with some roses:D:D:D:D.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Long hours so diet and hitting the gyms been out to the wayside for the time being. Still making it to the gym 4+ times a week my legs grow like trees so been skipping then when I can't make it but 4 times a week. Routine I switched up to
Day 1 chest/bi's/calves
Day 2 back/shoulders/traps
Day 3 tri's/bi's
Day 4 usually off legs if I make it
Day 5 repeat day 1 if I missed a few days in there somewhere otherwise legs
Enjoy your weekend brothers I definitely will haven't been with the wife in 2-3 weeks so it'll be nice. Next weeks looking like 90-100+ hours. So don't know how much I'll make it to the gym hoping atleast 4 days but play it by ear. I have an hour commute each way to work so that on top of 12-16 hours a day makes hitting the gm pretty difficult.

Carpe diem brothers remember there's those among us who have battled much greater battles than 4-6 hours of sleep a night and still made time for the gym even through sickness.

Miss being able to post as much.
P

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Hit arms this morning. Lots of volume to really feel the contractions. 45-75 seconds rest between sets.

BB wrist curl 1 warmup, 3x20
BB Reverse curl 3x20
DB hammer curls 5x12-15
Tricep pushdowns 20 reps palms up grip superset with 20 reps palms down grip
4 sets performed in this manner
Overhead DB extension 4x20
Close grip bench press 8" between hands 4x15
BB Curl 4x20
Incline DB curl 4x20
Preacher curl 3x15

Pretty cooked and pumped by then.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
^ oooh i like that superset on tri pressdowns bro. Never did that before, cant wait to try tomorrow on arm day!

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Brothers, I have what I think is excellent news and I wanted to share since you all have been so supportive. I got the report back on my post-surgery, post-chemo CT scan from early last week and they did NOT see anything that looked suspicious! Clean! They did see some spots on my kidney, but both the radiologist and surgeon feel confident they are blood clots from the stent I had up in there. The stent came out last week too. I go back in 8 weeks for them to look again after all the inflammation from the stent has gone away for them to be 100% sure. I'll be checked regularly for a very long time, but for now its a great start!! I am sitting here VERY relieved and with a smile on my face!

You all have been great! Its been a life changing diagnosis but I am looking forward to getting my life back together and being more regular in the gym. Planning on starting that Monday!

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Brick, I am so happy to hear that my friend. You've given so much in the way of inspiration to so many here and I know that you'll continue to inspire and motivate those here to really live not just exist and to always keep pushing forward.
G.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Brick. U da man brutha! :sFun_hailtheking:.

Workout today was on a 18inch pizza and a watermelon . Lol. Shush Grim.

Pizza, now we're talking!

Morning AnaSCI, happy Monday!
Spent Saturday training, then training the wife (at two different gyms in three hours, :) ) , picking fresh strawberries and getting some much overdue soft tissue work.
Spent yesterday at the beach with the family. Had my meals with me, body's like a blast furnace right now. Tonight is some chest, calves and abs - doing more volume tonight will check in later.
Have a fantastic day brothers and sisters!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Since today is Monday, I'm heading to the gym to train arms while everyone else is doing chest.

And Brick, that's great news!

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Since today is Monday, I'm heading to the gym to train arms while everyone else is doing chest.

And Brick, that's great news!

You need to try Grims supinated/pronated tricep superset since your doin arms today...i did those yesterday, badass. The weight used with underhand grip is perfect when you switch over, gave me an awesome pump! Like them almost as much as skullcrusher/closegrip superset with ez curl bar :)

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
You need to try Grims supinated/pronated tricep superset since your doin arms today...i did those yesterday, badass. The weight used with underhand grip is perfect when you switch over, gave me an awesome pump! Like them almost as much as skullcrusher/closegrip superset with ez curl bar :)

Glad you enjoyed those!
Expect some soreness after that brother!
MattG's getting it done!

Yeah, tonight's chest - split just came up that way. Today I'm part of the National Chest Day Coalition. LOL

G.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Grim I know we just got off the phone but just a reminder to holler if ya get clear tonite.. Thx T.. Oh yeah heading bin for legs . Gonna tae a long thorough
warm up and stretch. I probabltybhavent trained upper body bparts 5 times since march... I'm getting back up on the horse after a a bit of off time... all have a great day T.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Hey Grim I know we just got off the phone but just a reminder to holler if ya get clear tonite.. Thx T.. Oh yeah heading bin for legs . Gonna tae a long thorough
warm up and stretch. I probabltybhavent trained upper body bparts 5 times since march... I'm getting back up on the horse after a a bit of off time... all have a great day T.

Will do brother, same with you IB. Talk later guys.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
ok legs was not bad. nothing heavy not a lot of volume but pretty good considering time away not eating not sleeping blah blah blah hope to be
jamming by say first week in aug . time will tell weather I still have my head up my ass or not. Tomorrow chest /shoulders with mitch. all have a great day.
T

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
ok legs was not bad. nothing heavy not a lot of volume but pretty good considering time away not eating not sleeping blah blah blah hope to be
jamming by say first week in aug . time will tell weather I still have my head up my ass or not. Tomorrow chest /shoulders with mitch. all have a great day.
T

Welcome back to the land of the living you've been missed.

Today will be first day in the gym since last Tuesday. Been running all around this state chasing work and then got rained out last Friday so headed back he for the weekend. Now gotta go talk to the boss Cuz he wants me to stay up here and work and then head off to the gym for national chest day. Yep whenever I miss more than a few days I just restart my entire routine over easier that way.

Glad to see more people posting as of late. And great to see you back too T.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Trained chest today and I loved it. Not real strong but my plan is to keep it rolling now things have settled down. You guys should see my calendar from Jan.-May this year... ha! Nothing not doctors, now its going to be replaced by iron!

Good to see everyone! Anybody heard from Atom? Missing him checking in.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Chest and bi's today killed it. Hopefully I have enough sleep tonight to make it to hit back and shoulders tomorrow. Moneys great working(being at the job site that is) 12+ hours a day but sucks for training.