©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
oh hell yeah...great pick...the riff after the first solo is awesome...then the riff under the beginning of the second solo...genius.

Yep. The caveat of, yes, I do feel Kreator is probably the #1 German thrash band when looking at the overall catalog, but Destruction most definitely were the best song writers. It seems that every classic they have is not just a 3 minute thrash fest, but a well crafted speed metal masterpiece with enormous creativity.

Infernal Overkill to me, while not being perhaps the most blistering example of speed metal in history, may very well be one of the most influential and best written albums in the genre of all time.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya man, good call on Coroner. Was fortunate enough to see them in their prime back in '88-'89. Very small venue, but glad I was there back in the heyday.

One of my favorite Coroner tunes, LOVE the breakdown @ 2:34-2:55.

Coroner - Shadow Of A Lost Dream [2016 Fan Remastered] [HD] - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
never got to see em...:(
i like way this band evolved..."mental vortex" and "grin" were kinda elegant...

i love the weird dr seuss riff between the intro and verse on this one...
sounds like it was written for horns???

Semtex Revolution - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Definitely a tighter, more polished sound, a bit heavier also. Some great riffing. Those dudes are seriously talented musicians, no question there.

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
megadeth WAS such a cool band....
anything after "rust" is garbage...and "killing" just might be their best...
gars samuelson...hes a beast on this album...

Megadeth Skull Beneath the Skin Original - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya man, Megadeth in the 80's was great stuff. Just never followed them after they became an MTV band. Remember hearing this riff for the first time and I was like, wtf ! :D

Megadeth - Last Rites/Loved To Death (Remastered Album Version) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Some great album work from some of the old thrash bands for sure. A lot of the newer hardcore bands are putting out amazing artwork as well, someone commented on that a few months ago. Killing Is My Business was a great one.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 18

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Great post, ketsugo. Thanks for coming into the metal thread: the heaviest tunes anywhere on the 'net, brought to you by the biggest (literally) metal heads on the 'net ! :D

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Have to repost this fellas, as part of my 'best of' series. Hard to believe, over 25 after Euronymous (RIP) of Mayhem laid the foundation down for black metal in an underground record shop in Oslo, i.e. "machine gun" snare drum and low-fi guitar sound, that imho the pinnacle "Black Metal" song was penned. Batushka, a very obscure, very secretive band from somewhere in Eastern Europe, many believe Poland, has done it.

Points can be marked down for the slowed down break in the middle, but they still keep the rhythm heavy and get right back down to business @ the 3:00 mark and blast it out to the end. Great live footage captured from the latest Brutal Assault festival in 2017. As I've said several times, Black Metal is definitely not my forte for the most part, only a handful of songs have made it into my collection, but man this epic crusher is 10/10. I suggest the studio version and headphones for optimal audio punishment :)

Batushka - Yektenia 2 - YouTube

Yekteniya II: Blagosloveniye - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Some more great album cover art from the 80's, Blessed Death, Kill or Be Killed. Blessed Death was a great band, incredibly talented singer (like him or not) and the follow up to Kill, Destined For Extinction was a raging thrasher.

My favorite tune from the classic 1985 release:

Omen of Fate - Blessed Death - YouTube

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 14

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, Blessed always gets the word under-rated when mentioned nowadays. I think they just fell victim to the over-saturation of thrash bands that had hit the market by the late 80's, which funny enough ended abruptly by the early 90's and only the big guys remained.

Couple of just downright speed metal crushers right here. I like how he fit Reagan's epic Cold War phrase "mutual assured destruction" when he gave a State of the Union address into the lyrics for Digital War. Great stuff. Same with 10,000 days, a nod to the Vietnam veterans back in the day. These guys are straight out brutal in their thrash attack, brother !

Blessed death - digital war - 1987 us - YouTube

Blessed Death - 10 000 Days of Bloodshed - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another one of my favorite Coroner tunes. Not the most uplifting lyrics in the world :D but some incredible riffing going on. Just a classic solid hardcore effort from the heyday of speed metal.

Coroner - Absorbed [2016 Fan Remastered] [HD] - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another amazing album cover from the 80's, 1988 release from Bathory, Blood Fire Death. This is the album that Quorthon transitioned the band from speed/black metal to what his fans coined as "Viking Metal". He just completely immersed himself in his Nordic heritage from here on out. Couple of killer tunes on this one.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 13

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A speed crusher from Blood Fire Death, Dies Irae. Personally I think Quorthon would've benefited from a session drummer in lieu of a drum machine. Not sure the logistics of why he didn't employ one, but it depersonalizes the song a bit, which otherwise would be a classic outside of the Bathory fan base. Never the less, a great one from the legend himself.

Bathory - Dies Irae - YouTube

way2tense

Jan 3, 2013
this was such a cool project...

Meathook Seed- My Infinity - YouTube

Meathook Seed- Focal Point Blur - YouTube