©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Back at it

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Psych I feel bad for your pal and everybody else that seems to have to pay their dues training with this relic. I'm not the best coach in the world and I train athletes for two very different sports but whenever a new athlete is referred to me I start them out on a basic routine and we change it constantly as a collective to suit that particular athletes skills, strengths, weaknesses, genetics, goals, etc. We take all that info and try and mold a routine that safely gets that athlete into the best shape for his or her particular realistic goal.
I'm always looking for new safe ways of doing things especially for myself. Hell I used you as an example for this heavyweight kid who has huge potential in his sport if he could get his cardio up and some lbs down which if he would just fucking commit to a cleaner fucking diet he could. So like it or not I used you to help this kid understand that world class athletes even if they don't start out eating that way eventually realize the importance of it. Thank You by the way. :)
I also realize based on my geological location as well as funding and not having the recognition of other schools that the people I train will eventually have to go to a better known camp to get the "world class" or high profile I call it to get to that next level if its in their cards. And it does happen and I'm super fucking happy when it does. I've had my 5 minutes of fame and fucked it up so I figure my job is to give these kids or adults the best info I know and hopefully instill in them how to do shit right.
My point of jacking your rant is, and I apologize, that I don't know YOUR particular sport all that well other than the fact that I'm always amazed how strong some people actually are. But for a coach at a world class level to be so stuck on old out dated training and not tailor different routines to best suit different athletes or use new proven ones that have shown to give better safer results seems to me to be very narcicistic (sp?) and self centered. He'll probably end up a crippled up unhappy old fart without anyone eventually. Hopefully your bud and sounds like many others can get out before he ends up either ruining their chances or worse their health. You have an uncanny way of motivating people on a fucking board just by your manorisms so I can only imagine how infectious your personality is in person. Get ahold of your boy and get him the fuck out of there....AR....

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
By the way I do watch your thread a lot and not kissing your ass or anything cause to be honest I have no desire to but your story that you occasionally let slip is pretty inspirational. I know your workouts are why you post and you seem to get motivation when people actually give a shit which I totally get but for the guys and gals, if any ever show up, they might actually benefit from hearing your trials and set backs and how you seem to have smashed right through them. I'm not saying write a book about yourself but every once in a blue moon throw the newbies a bone and give them some wisdom from someone who seemingly has beaten the odds. I know my test must be really low cause Im like all caring and shit lately. Just my two cc's though....AR....

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
By the way I do watch your thread a lot and not kissing your ass or anything cause to be honest I have no desire to but your story that you occasionally let slip is pretty inspirational. I know your workouts are why you post and you seem to get motivation when people actually give a shit which I totally get but for the guys and gals, if any ever show up, they might actually benefit from hearing your trials and set backs and how you seem to have smashed right through them. I'm not saying write a book about yourself but every once in a blue moon throw the newbies a bone and give them some wisdom from someone who seemingly has beaten the odds. I know my test must be really low cause Im like all caring and shit lately. Just my two cc's though....AR....

Thanks bro! Infact My one coach and gym owner are having the guys from ApeMan storng coming next week. They have a guy that wasa wounded warrior and lost his leg, purple heart recipient. He's gonna do a full meet...so I can talk to him about leg problems. My accident lat year afforded me the ability to keep mine. Just with the loss of my mobility in my foot. And they hacked it up pretty good LOL!!

Friday
dead lift 365 5x3......just put it on and went. My old warm up was 405 when I was a 700+ puller. The strength is there and the technique came crashing back. Felt so good!!! Been over a year and 3 months since I deadlifted. Man was I sore friday night, alot of muscle have to get use to being used again now that I can walk.

bench
205x5
245x4
285x2x3
345x2x5

back lat machine 15,15,12,12,10,10,10,8,5/5/5 This was hard after pulling.

under grip row hammer machine,10,10,10,10,10,10 add a 45 each time

180 pulley row 5x8

pullovers.....slept like a baby

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
bench
1x5 225
1x4 245
3x2 295
2x2 335
3x1 365

Squat 4x15 to a low box with 20lbs dumb bells

stretch bad left knee and quad by squatting to a low low box

speed pull with 405+grey band 8x1

leg curl in 4x10

leg extension 4x10 for good leg 4x20 bad leg

ab/adduction machine 4x20 hold and squeeze

bench
1x3 225
1x3 245
1x3 295
5x2 335

I'm back doing sheiko for worlds 14 weeks out. I'm thinking I'll do push/pull instead of bench only.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
bench
did 455 1x1 RAW will go for 500 raw max at a side meet before worlds at 220

Shirt
605 3x2 to a 3 board

Incline hammer press 6 plates a side with orange band 4 times wrapped 3x3

seated machine 170 supine grip 4x15

Hungry and tired!!!!

Last edited:

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Shoulders
Over head press machine 250 a side 5/5/5 up the reps to 5 from 3. Going back to 6 plates for 3x3 next week :)
seated side flys 55's 4x10
ball front raise 50 4x10-12

Just want to say this, if you don't understand the difference between being a competitor and an enthusiast......you're an enthusiast!

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
Bump to Magnus's question brother did you beat the insomnia? If so have you noticed any change in your energy? I'm kinda interested to here if you youself noticed any. I suffer from it as well but I seem to function the same whether I get two hours or eight. Kinda makes me wonder that if you just lay there and relax its as good as sleep itself....AR....

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
BTW not to pry or jack your thread again but how was the meeting with the wounded warrior? I got mad respect for you trying go help or even talk to a wounded soldier so I was just wondering if ya hit it off?....AR....

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I'm actually getting ready to go meet this guys now.
Sleeping better just came from dropping water weight.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Dude those vets are strong as fuck!!!

Bench
225x5
245x4
295x3x3
345x7x3

deadlift
490 plus grey band resistance
5x1

bench
225x5
245x4
315x5x3

latmachine 15,15,12,12,10,10,10,8,5/5/5 add a plat each set till target of 8 45's

rows 225 3x10

low pulley 150 3x10

I'm tired as fuck....

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Skipped Saturday training session.....I was pretty beaten up LOL

Been recovering all weekend at my g/f's house.

Sleep study on Tuesday!!!

In process of getting a medicinal marijuana card....for certain health reasons due to my crippled leg I qualify.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
bench
1x5 225
1x4 245
3x2 295
2x2 335
3x1 365

Squat 4x15 to a low box with 20lbs dumb bells

stretch bad left knee and quad by squatting to a low low box

speed pull with 405+grey band 8x1

leg curl in 4x10

leg extension 4x10 for good leg 4x20 bad leg

ab/adduction machine 4x20 hold and squeeze

bench
1x5 225
1x5 245
2x3 295
5x5 335

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Doing my sleep study tonight. If this throws me off I may skip bench work tomorrow.

psych

Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Sleep study fucked me up. Couldn't sleep long enough, I kept dozing off.

Bench did 625 to a 2board

Did shoulders today feel like shit I have a cold....

Happy Labor day