©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Trained back today with my son

Hammer strength incline pull downs

Hammer strength seated rows

Wide grip pull downs

Close grip rope pulls

lower back ext

40 minutes cardio and done

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yesterday was 10 days straight lifting for me, so decided my body could use a day to recover today. Feel fine, not even wiped out a little bit. The split I've been on hits every body part every 3-4 days so i dont feel like i'm overtraining. Still, after 10 days i think it's a good idea to give myself more than a 24hr break...think i might hit it twice tomorrow, before then after work

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Shit i didnt even know, must have missed it...what were u in the hospital for bro?
Too make things short I hit a little ruff patch and had heart failure. Because I missed work for 2 weeks I'm now jobless, but got 2 interviews this week and might be heading back to Magnus's part of the world if one of them comes through. One pays more and is as little out of my comfort zone but will lead to bigger and better things.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Too make things short I hit a little ruff patch and had heart failure. Because I missed work for 2 weeks I'm now jobless, but got 2 interviews this week and might be heading back to Magnus's part of the world if one of them comes through. One pays more and is as little out of my comfort zone but will lead to bigger and better things.

Damn dude, so you ok now then? Fuck i didnt know it was something serious like heart failure...thought maybe a broken bone or car acdident type deal. Man thats some total bullshit that your employer gave you the boot for a health issue out of your control...is it because now you're not allowed to do that kind of work, or because they are assholes?

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Damn dude, so you ok now then? Fuck i didnt know it was something serious like heart failure...thought maybe a broken bone or car acdident type deal. Man thats some total bullshit that your employer gave you the boot for a health issue out of your control...is it because now you're not allowed to do that kind of work, or because they are assholes?

Because I wasn't reliable and didn't let them know anything for over a week there's a little more to it but thats all I feel like getting into right now. I was in a coma for 3 days.

Last edited:

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Phoe, hope one of those job interviews pans out for you and most importantly, hope you are feeling better and on the mend.

Hit chest today. Gotta say, it WENT WELL. I must be a tough .ol bastard? :p

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I will preach til im blue in the face now that bloods are a must regardless. I was getting them twice a year but I urge the younger guys to get them done after every cycle.

Last edited:

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Been cranking up intensity a bit more since work has slowed a bit.

Legs on Sunday and they were sore yesterday. Probably still a bit today but I haven't woken up yet.

Arms yesterday
Tri's are sore.

Most of you know I'm on 280 mgs of Cyp weekly. I've gone back to every day injections. 40 mgs/day

I swear I look better. Less water retention that causes the muscle to look rounder. Maybe it's all in my head. I don't know.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Did a double as planned today...morning was chest/back, afternoon was legs

Chest:
flat bb bench presses x 5 sets
incline flyes ss with incline presses x 4 rounds
machine flyes ss with machine decline presses x 3 rounds

Back:
widegrip cable pulldowns rear x 3 sets
widegrip cable pulldowns front x 3
closegrip pulldowns x 3
closegrip underhand pulldowns ss with machine rows x 3 rounds last one dropset

Wheels:
squats x 4 sets
hacks x 4
leg presses on sled x 3
hamstring lying leg curls x 3
leg extensions x 3 last one dropset
one leg calf raises holding db x 3 dropsets
high rep bodyweight calf raises at angle x 3
seated calf raises x 3

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013

Phoe, hope one of those job interviews pans out for you and most importantly, hope you are feeling better and on the mend.

Hit chest today. Gotta say, it WENT WELL. I must be a tough .ol bastard? :p

Phoe, I'm really sorry to hear about your health and job.

Good luck in your search.
Took the less paying job well kinda lol, all because the manager I know from my last job and he's the one I'd rather work for the pay is within $5/hr and I don't have to go that far away from my family.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
First update in some time. I'm still at Hopkins, as there were complications after the transplant. I developed a blood clot which forced an emergency procedure. They stapled me up pretty good after that.

I've been bleeding a lot around incisions, but they expected that.

Over the next few days I was in a lot of pain and pretty mentally out if it.

Just as things were improving, bacteria from my stomach contaminated my blood causing an infection. This set us back more time. And made me feel shitty. At this point my wife and I are beside ourselves as we had no expectations like this. She is really taking hard though.

Then this week, week 3 rolls along and I begin to start feeling like the meds are doing their job and blood work and scans are coming back with more encouraging results!

So we shall see where this lands us.....

Thank you everyone! You been such a huge supporters!
Stay strong brother. Thanks for updating us.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom!! Home sweet home! Damn, bother, you made my day! You just keep on that good road to full recovery!

Hit some back today. Seems trivial after seeing Atom's post.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Atom, you are strong. You will prevail.

Yesterday was supposed to be a day off. But I had no work and I was bored.

Then after coming on here and reading that Matt had trained ten days straight, I said fuck it.

23 sets for calves

13 for medial delts. Didn't want to do fronts since I got chest today. Rears, I do with back tmrw.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Guns before work this morning

Bis:
st bar curls x 4 sets
reverse grip st bar curls x 3
low pulley cable curls x 3 last one dropsets
machine curl dropsets x 3

Tris:
skullcrushers with ez bar ss with same weight closegrip benches x 4 rounds
st bar cable pressdowns ss with one arm overhead db extensions x 4 last one dropsets
one arm reverse cable pressdowns x 3 dropsets

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
went in for chest yesterday with a time goal not a specific number of sets.

Spent one hour in there. First five do some ab work while warming up the rotators in between sets.
Then banged out about 55 mins. of chest

crossovers
Inc Barbell
Flat fly
Weighted dip

No idea how many sets each but my chest is definitely sore today.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Did shoulders bright and early...well actually it was still pitch black out.lol

Delts:
arnold presses ss with seated db shoulder presses x 4 rounds
standing db side lateral raises x 4 sets last one dropset
front lateral raises ez bar x 4

Traps:
upright rows x 3 sets
closegrip ez bar shrugs x 5 last one dropset
reverse overhead db laterals ss with neck machine curls x 3 rounds

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hit shoulders and traps after lunch and it was the best training I have had on those in quite a while.