©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Completely slept in this AM... not intentionally lol Nonetheless, still had a great arm workout.

Superset of Machine preachers using a 6/4 rep technique with triceps press downs : 4 sets of each
Superset of hammer curls with triceps dips: 4 sets of each
Superset of incline DB curls and seated cable skullcrushers: 4 sets of each
Superset of slider curls and overhead triceps extensions: 3 sets of each but used a higher rep range
BB curls 40s plus drop sets
Cable triceps extensions drop set doing two sets at each weight resting 10 sec between sets

Thoughts are with the Brick

U take a fire extinguisher to the gym? you arms must be Burning with all that volume / supersets

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Botched chest today, Started off good tho. Did some heavy bench (went good) then Inclind db press (good also). And by taking advice from a friend i tried working in some rear delt, traps, and tricep work into my chest day. Aaaaand thats where things went wrong. Not gonna go into detail but i pretty much did stuff in the wrong order, confused myself and burnt myself out to fast. Gonna eat a bunch tonight and go back hard at it tomorow!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Gonna be chest /shoulders this morning. Meeting up with python in the afternoon. Brick is in my thoughts . Hope all is well. Our boy IB is under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon too oh master of sweet potato
force feeding... For real get well IB.. T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Brick.... Hope all is well been thinking of you. Ran my back and bi's through the mud today. 1 hr of super sets followed up by 35 minutes of cardio! Going to a friends house to watch ufc tonight and Superbowl tomorrow

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Nailed Chest today! made up for yesterday. Strength was thru the roof, good energy! also successfuly worked in traps , tris and rear delts! I felt high durring and after the workout. By far one of the best ones ive had in a while! IB buddie get feelin better.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Hey brothers, I got home from the hospital late yesterday. I was on the OR table Wed. afternoon about 6 hours. Got in my room Wednesday night. My surgeon feels good about the result. He thinks we got everything that was bad out. Hopefully, my new biopsy report next week will confirm that. The tumor was bigger than they thought but he did it all with a scope and robotically. That's a relief, I didn't want a huge incision. I am very, very sore and I have to wear this cath for 2 weeks while my bladder heals to get water-tight again. No training for 6 weeks. I can live with that. What a journey.

You guys have been great and I sure appreciate it. Good to see everyone training hard. I'll be getting plenty of rest in the next days. When the surgeon said this was a big surgery, he wasn't kidding! I'm getting stronger day by day, but I still have a way to go. All in all, it turned out great, and I had the best result under these circumstances.

Your brother in iron,
Mick the brick

Last edited:

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Awesome news Brick! Glad to hear things are looking good for you. I have been checking this thread daily hoping for an update. Thanks for taking the time to reassure us you are ok. 6 weeks is nothing brother. Eat clean and you will be back in no time at all :)

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
DADS HOME!! Hey Brick.. Glad you are home. great news .
Need anything Mickster just holler. Great prognosis brother..
Make sure you stop in when you can to stir the pot.
Talk soon sir T...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
BRICK! I love you! The prognosis sounds promising and we know you are a fighter... We are like you extended family and hopefully the positivity from all of us here will speed the healing.

Pretty interesting couple of days for me...it looks like we nailed down our date for our wedding and have the venue picked out. I've been doing a lot of calling and handling the financial details. I like doing that kind of stuff so it's all good...

Cranked my legs up good today and now I m doing lying leg curls every single day to bring up my hammies. Trying a little supercompensation just bombing them away and then backing off.

Today's session:
Seated leg curls 1x20, 1x15, 1x12, 3x10
Squats 1x15, 1x12, 1x10, 2x6 - I crushed these! Real deep and took my time on the eccentric. Quads are killing me now
SLDLs 4x12
Seated calf raises 4x12 - done DC style
Leg Press 1x40, 1x25, 1x15, 1x12, 1x10, 1x8
Lying Leg curls 4x12
Leg Extension 4x15 with 5, 5, 10, 15 partials in respective sets

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
BRICK! I love you!

Pretty interesting couple of days for me...it looks like we nailed down our date for our wedding and have the venue picked out. I've been doing a lot of calling and handling the financial details. I like doing that kind of stuff so it's all good...

Let me get this straight.. You and brick gettin married?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Morning brothers. My battle is not over. Found out yesterday... my test results say the cancer did spread into a lymph node so I will be starting chemo in 2-3 weeks. They want me to heal from my surgery first. I sure do miss the gym. I'll be glad when this damn bladder cath can come out in a couple weeks. At least I will have more mobility.

You guys put a plate on the bar for me.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey brick I think some guys missed the post yesterday in wtf.
Was bummed at first then relized -heybthey did'nt miss anything.
They identified the lymph problem and will now erradicate it.
Again postitives from us is important. Brick it's gonna work out.
I know you are missing the gym but it will be therer waiting for you.
Planning on riding down to N-ville with the wife sometime . Picking up
a bike hopefully near future. Be turning my S/n from turbobusa to
Vtwin puttin. Need to talk just holler Mick .I'm getting ready to hit back shortley so in honor of Godfather brick I'm dedicatiing my first strapped back session in a very long time to the brick. Keep your chin up and let's talk whenever you like.
The rest of you mutts go do what we do best . Ib still mia . Missing seeing him here. Grim can you shake him out? Everyone have a great day .
T

mikeystrong

Jun 20, 2013
A Igloo in Canada
Hey brick I think some guys missed the post yesterday in wtf.
Was bummed at first then relized -heybthey did'nt miss anything.
They identified the lymph problem and will now erradicate it.
Again postitives from us is important. Brick it's gonna work out.
I know you are missing the gym but it will be therer waiting for you.
Planning on riding down to N-ville with the wife sometime . Picking up
a bike hopefully near future. Be turning my S/n from turbobusa to
Vtwin puttin. Need to talk just holler Mick .I'm getting ready to hit back shortley so in honor of Godfather brick I'm dedicatiing my first strapped back session in a very long time to the brick. Keep your chin up and let's talk whenever you like.
The rest of you mutts go do what we do best . Ib still mia . Missing seeing him here. Grim can you shake him out? Everyone have a great day .
T

Ill go drag IB sick ass outta bed lol. Man i feel bad. Nothing i can do to help.. I wish i found the hangout earlier.