©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Repost of some of my chicago buds buds . from the album low end head stomp.Turn up loud for best results...
REBELS WITHOUT APPLAUSE - "Weak" - YouTube

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hard to beat authentic, atmospheric Norwegian black metal. I don't think any one country has put such a dominant trademark on a musical style like they have. Maybe the British pop invasion of the early-mid 60's.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Off the gym today. Relaxing with grand kids and wife...
Chillin like a villiin...
Rush A Passage To Bangkok - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
2112 and Moving Pictures. 2 of the greatest recordings in rock history.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
No band outside of Metallica was dishing it up heavier in the 80's than the legendary King Diamond !

BTW, any guy on the board who can hit the octave he hits @ 3:11 singing 'obsessed', please post a vid of your talents ! :D

KD was one of a kind !

King Diamond - The 7th Day of July 1777 (Reissue w/ Lyrics) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
They didn't have the big budget production, but if you listen to the riff on this one T, you can appreciate just how heavy and crushing KD were. Heavy stuff right here, accentuated with the King's demonic falsetto :)

King Diamond - The Family Ghost - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Nice live vid of an old Coroner speed classic. One of the first songs that educated me that you didn't have to always play your instrument fast to play thrash, just keep hammering away your riff and let the drummer make it fast (from 2:50 - 3:10).

Cool 80's thrash right here.

Coroner - Shadows of a lost Dream (live) - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Good live version of an early 90's Obituary classic. That thick, heavy distortion and power chords with ringing sustain, another example of how I envision Sabbath should be sounding with the new album. The intro until 40 seconds and 2:56 to the end, crushing stuff right there.

OBITUARY. I'm in pain - YouTube

Last edited:

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
probably been posted before.. But it's worth listening to again!! Back when Metallica was great!!!

Blitzkrieg - Metallica - YouTube

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Ya, Blitzkrieg was a cool one. Came out after Metallica got popular with Master of Puppets.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Just read where Slayer guitarist Jeff Hanneman passed away. Had long term complications from a spider bite? Tragic news for the metal world. Love Kerry King and his supersonic pick hand, but Hanneman was the song writing and riff genius behind Slayer's mega success.

RIP.

slayer-Jesus Saves - YouTube