©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Is it really "just that easy" ?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Well, here is how I see it.
1. You like me have been around competitive bbers for some time. I say that to remind you that it is a mix of science, mysticism and tradition. I have seen it 1000 times, if big time bber X says, squeeze your balls while doing 1 arm curls then all his followers will squeeze their balls too. Pro bbers become cult like idols and their word is law. We have a former pro from the 90's here and if he told his guys to eat baby food they would. Anyone else remember that?

2. Almost everything works. There are so many programs, both training and nutrition, DC, HIT, CHO backloading, CHO cycling, High test-low tren or high tren-low test. They all work. But, what works best? That's what I want to know and attempt to find out. I believe 500g will make an improvment is ones progress, but is it the best and fastest? I doubt it.

3. I prefer to take small steps when I try something new (and I do like trying new things). I would add 50-75g to what I was currently doing for a month and then judge from there. I mean I know 4g of AAS works better than 2g, but I am just not going there all at once.

4. 500g is not the secret. Actually the secret is no secret, it's just expensive. GH is the reason Pros are so big. not the 5iu I fool around with, no 15+iu is where it's at. Take 15-20iu PRW ED to get IGF levels up and that is where the mass is at.

I am not an authority on anything so please just take my thoughts as just that, my thoughts.

Hawk

Your right, Hawk. Almost anything works if done consistently. We are definitely cultish in our behavior. But, remember, ball squeezing is done during squats by the spotter, not during 1 armed curls. Well, that how we do it here... lol

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
500 especially if you really big doesn't seem too much

I'm 200 lb and can easily eat 350g please day with just a post workout shake
With good effort adding 150g more is not difficult...questione Is do we need that much?
If you look at scientific articles the answer is no unless they are sponsored by supps company.

The problem is there are very little studies done on Bodybuilders and most are done on sprints athletes..size matters ;-)

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
Interesting discussion

Another comment about the article
So would you run HCG when doing TRT at about 250 pw if Test?

b-boy

IFBB Pro / AnaSCI VIP
Aug 11, 2004
i have never and will never eat 500grams of fucking protein...LMFAO..
carbs are protein sparing!!! so why do i need that much protein? provide a hormonal enviroment for growth, provide energy for hard training (carbohydrates), protein (amino acids) for repair and growth (this isn't as much as you think), fat for health, hormonal support, vitamin absorbtion, skin and nails, brain development, controlling inflammation).

no need to eat a fuck ton of protein... (thanks George Farah for schooling me on this).

Kafka82

Jan 1, 2015
Also about the training / Is not too low volume what is being suggested in the article? I think frequency and volume should be adjusted on the individual I guess... But Still 3-4 sets working sets for chest seems a bit too little to me

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
i have never and will never eat 500grams of fucking protein...LMFAO..
carbs are protein sparing!!! so why do i need that much protein? provide a hormonal enviroment for growth, provide energy for hard training (carbohydrates), protein (amino acids) for repair and growth (this isn't as much as you think), fat for health, hormonal support, vitamin absorbtion, skin and nails, brain development, controlling inflammation).

no need to eat a fuck ton of protein... (thanks George Farah for schooling me on this).

What would you use as a general guideline for daily protein intake? 1.5g per lb of bodyweight?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Well it's been about two months now eating in excess of 400 grams protein per day mostly in shakes. Guess what? At 55 years of age I'm growing better than ever before. Thanks IFBB PRO BIGA for setting me straight on how to fucking eat to grow! "ROFLMAO" lol

BTW: speaking of carbs being protein sparing? I'm sparing the carbs and fat. hahaha..........good thing I'm not an expert.

CG

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Question CG. Did you keep your caloric intake the same, if so what macro did you decrease.

I decreased carbs, kept fats the same and went ape drinking whey and casein. I was and still am adding yogurts to my shakes. I literally cleaned up and increased my body weight. I have never been able to do this going into a show.
The moral to the story is there is no "one shoe fits all feet". I just can't believe I'm at this stage of my life in this sport and find the diet I need now. Really up setting.

This is what the diet looks like.
1 pack of oats
3 whole eggs
2 scoops whey all in a shake for breakfast

Dinner: Steak
2 potatoes
green salad

everything in between is a shake made of whey or casein. I will mention again that three to four times a day I will add a yougurt to my shakes.

CG

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I love to eat so hitting 500 for me is a breeze, VERY easy if taking shakes between meals. Right now I'm between 330 and 400 or so a day, 90% from whole food. which is keeping me on target while I zig zag my carbs.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I decreased carbs, kept fats the same and went ape drinking whey and casein. I was and still am adding yogurts to my shakes. I literally cleaned up and increased my body weight. I have never been able to do this going into a show.
The moral to the story is there is no "one shoe fits all feet". I just can't believe I'm at this stage of my life in this sport and find the diet I need now. Really up setting.

This is what the diet looks like.
1 pack of oats
3 whole eggs
2 scoops whey all in a shake for breakfast

Dinner: Steak
2 potatoes
green salad

everything in between is a shake made of whey or casein. I will mention again that three to four times a day I will add a yougurt to my shakes.

CG

Ever mix your shakes with liquid egg whites. I have been now for 3 years and love it. Great way to get that extra protein in. 12oz egg whites, 1 whole egg,
1 1/2 scoops whey, and 1 banana.

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ever mix your shakes with liquid egg whites. I have been now for 3 years and love it. Great way to get that extra protein in. 12oz egg whites, 1 whole egg,
1 1/2 scoops whey, and 1 banana.

I have read so many times that "drinking them doesn't digest" that I quit doing it. I used to drink them up to a dozen a day. Never bothered my stomach. Just kept reading all this crap about drinking them and then quit. Maybe I should start up again. lol Another great idea gone to the wind because of the local experts advising......

I get a kick out of folks just running an idea in there mind and then making up minds as if they know the answer with out EVER trying it. lol

CG

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
I've trained with the best trainers at PM and am a twenty year vet of this sport placing as high as fifth at the Nats and your pointing out that maybe it's a "placebo effect"? Great point. Thanks for sharing. Could you maybe go play in another thread?

CG

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
It is very easy to gain if you can pack in the protein
The hard part some times is to afford it

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I have read so many times that "drinking them doesn't digest" that I quit doing it. I used to drink them up to a dozen a day. Never bothered my stomach. Just kept reading all this crap about drinking them and then quit. Maybe I should start up again. lol Another great idea gone to the wind because of the local experts advising......

I get a kick out of folks just running an idea in there mind and then making up minds as if they know the answer with out EVER trying it. lol

CG

It has been found that raw eggs have an absorption rate of 50% since the protein in not denatured. . Cartoned egg whites are pasteurized and are just as absorbed as cooked eggs

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I've trained with the best trainers at PM and am a twenty year vet of this sport placing as high as fifth at the Nats and your pointing out that maybe it's a "placebo effect"? Great point. Thanks for sharing. Could you maybe go play in another thread?

CG

the placebo is just the power of the mind....I think most successful body builders are pretty interested in the power of the mind........but I'm the idiot, you're right