©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

For all the Bill Nye and science lovers out there

gobot

Nov 1, 2013
You don't think scientists would stop believing we evolved if it was proven to be untrue? And I don't agree with evolutionmoto that every time frame and statement in Holy books is disproven by science. That's demonstrably untrue and won't help you win over anyone.

Well yeah I believe people would believe if it was PROVEN but that's the problem isn't it? Apart from aliens showing up from a 3 billion year old civilization or Jesus Christ himself opening up the sky and literally telling everyone the world is 6000 years old I don't think it's going to happen.

evolutionmoto

Sep 18, 2013
Religion feeds on ignorance and fear. Without those 2 things its relegated to imaginary friends for grown ups. We should understand ignorance and fear being steroid users. Its used against us all the time.

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
Sorry slate your a cool dude, im not here to argue, a debate is an argument. Im here for steroids not religion. That was just my opinion. You have something to prove but not to me and I dont need to prove anything, I just wanted to stir things up and jet out.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Well yeah I believe people would believe if it was PROVEN but that's the problem isn't it? Apart from aliens showing up from a 3 billion year old civilization or Jesus Christ himself opening up the sky and literally telling everyone the world is 6000 years old I don't think it's going to happen.

If geologists found a modern fossil mixed in with a much older fossil then that would disprove evolution. Like if a rabbit fossil was found next to a T-Rex. Another example is that modern chimps have 2 more chromosomes than humans. 48 to 46 for humans. So when scientists found this out they predicted that there must be a pair of chromosomes that fused together so that humans only have 46. If they didn't find that when they mapped the DNA of chimps then evolution was wrong. We didn't evolved from an ancestor of the chimp. But when they mapped the DNA that's exactly what they found. Chromosome #2. So there are many ways to disprove that all living things evolved. Scientists would welcome them. But no one has found any yet. Not even Lycan :)

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
OK. The universe is 6,000 years old. False. Hubble expansion disproves that along with the Doppler effect or redshift proves the universe is 13.78 billion +/- 0.12 billion years.

We all came from a single man created first, then a single woman created second 6,000 years ago. False. Modern biology along with genetics dates mitochondrial eve too at least 100,000 years ago and y-cromosomal Adam to 140,000+ years ago.

The earth is 6,000 years old. False. modern geology proves this absurd with new discoveries about water (isotopes along with deviation in hydrogen) further solidifying the earth being at least 4.3 billion years old.

If you need more let me know. We can get into radioactive decay, the age of the sun, e=mc² and energy transfer... It goes on and on.

What you say is ttrue. But the Bible does not claim any of those things. The Bible isn't neccesarily a science or history book. It is more of an ethics book or a spiritual book.
99 % of ALL people who have ever existed believed in some kind of God. Must be just mass dilusion?
Its really not a fare debate science to disprove the bible or vice versa.
If you have any evidence that the bible claims how old the earth is please bring it to my attention.

Last edited:

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Religion feeds on ignorance and fear. Without those 2 things its relegated to imaginary friends for grown ups. We should understand ignorance and fear being steroid users. Its used against us all the time.

Prove that. I am religious and i am neither ignorant or fearful. I believe in the beauty of humanity. I believe that humans have a very special gift. One we squander often. I believe that no other species on this planet is even minutly close to us in intelligence.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I have only been trying to comment on the science of evolution and the age of the earth. That's why I posted the video. I've said before that there are millions of people that believe in the Bible and believe we evolved. I'm not one of them but I understand people that do. And do I believe people are delusional when it comes to God? I do. I think believing things based on evidence is the best way to figure out what's true or not. I think most people would agree until it comes to god. Or politics :)

evolutionmoto

Sep 18, 2013
Prove that. I am religious and i am neither ignorant or fearful. I believe in the beauty of humanity. I believe that humans have a very special gift. One we squander often. I believe that no other species on this planet is even minutly close to us in intelligence.

#1 most people have been religious, are they delusional. Answer, yes. Nazi Germany enjoyed a %100 belief and following in Germany from 1932-1945. Most grade school age children believe in Santa Claus.. Just because most think something doesn't make it true.

#2 ignorance and fear. This is a not more difficult with out some background. Are you christian? Do you believe god intervenes in things?

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I have only been trying to comment on the science of evolution and the age of the earth. That's why I posted the video. I've said before that there are millions of people that believe in the Bible and believe we evolved. I'm not one of them but I understand people that do. And do I believe people are delusional when it comes to God? I do. I think believing things based on evidence is the best way to figure out what's true or not. I think most people would agree until it comes to god. Or politics :)

So your calling all us bible thumpers delusional. Thanks. And I was just beginning to like you.....:D

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I know it sounds offensive. Which isn't my intent. I grew up a Christian so I know what it's like to be delusional. :). But wouldn't you consider Muslims or Scientologists a bit delusional? Look into the Mormon religion. There are some crazy things going on there.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
#1 most people have been religious, are they delusional. Answer, yes. Nazi Germany enjoyed a %100 belief and following in Germany from 1932-1945. Most grade school age children believe in Santa Claus.. Just because most think something doesn't make it true.

#2 ignorance and fear. This is a not more difficult with out some background. Are you christian? Do you believe god intervenes in things?

"Religion feeds on ignorance and fear" You Said this so it should not matter what Religion I am.
And It is Usually Governments or groups of people who co-opt Religion and turn people against each other.
But Slate is right. This was about New earth vs old earth and I Do not believe that the Bible should be used to determine how old the earth is. It would be like using a cookbook to battle a law case.
I am sure God is not concerned about these nuances. He wants us to make a better world and love one another. Cant argue with that Shit Man.

evolutionmoto

Sep 18, 2013
"Religion feeds on ignorance and fear" You Said this so it should not matter what Religion I am.
And It is Usually Governments or groups of people who co-opt Religion and turn people against each other.
But Slate is right. This was about New earth vs old earth and I Do not believe that the Bible should be used to determine how old the earth is. It would be like using a cookbook to battle a law case.
I am sure God is not concerned about these nuances. He wants us to make a better world and love one another. Cant argue with that Shit Man.

If you can't trust the bibles accuracy about where you came from how are you going to trust it to tell you where you're going?

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
I personally think that the Bible and evolution is incompatible but most Christians don't see to have a problem. That why I'm always surprised when people go crazy about evolution. They are doing a disservice to their church when they say that evolution and the bible are incompatible. I think it's a big reason for the decline of religion in this country.

Last edited:

amateurmale

AnaSCI VET
May 7, 2013
Decline in religion? ??? And all this time I was thinking it was from people telling them there's no God and they came from apes. Lol. Stupid me.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Decline in religion? ??? And all this time I was thinking it was from people telling them there's no God and they came from apes. Lol. Stupid me.

Yes decline in religion but increases in mental health diagnosis. Plus ever increasing dependence on drugs.
Sad really

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
I personally think that the Bible and evolution is incompatible but most Christians don't see to have a problem. That why I'm always surprised when people go crazy about evolution. They are doing a disservice to their church when they say that evolution and the bible are incompatible. I think it's a big reason for the decline of religion in this country.

But I dont think The Bible addresses evolution. It is very vague. If you research the language of that Time you'll find it poetic.
There really isn't a conflict YET.....if you can give me a specific quote then maybe I can understand.