©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What's your favorite weight training exercise?

Thunder46

AnaSCI VET
Dec 14, 2012
Shadow lands
Pull ups I read years ago that Arnold Schwarzenegger would do 50 reps how ever many sets it took to get there. When i first started i think i could do like 5 now i get 20 reps on my first set, i start every back workout with 50 pullups

ShortStop

Jun 27, 2010
The only time ill do dead lifts is when no one is around,lol. becuz i cant lift shit.. I hate em. The strain i get the couple days after feels like a migraine

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I was thinking about this today at the gym. I am curious what you folks favorite exercise in the weight room is.

Mine is dips. I have been doing them twice a week for 6 years now, and can damn near do them forever, it seems. I remember on my 42nd birthday a few years ago, I set out to do 42 proper dips and ended up with 50. On the other hand, my least favorite exercise that I do is dumbbell flyes...don't know why, I just don't care for them...

So, lets hear it guys...

Used to love dips but my delts take over too much and started getting tweaked as time went by.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Right but I'm buying a new house and moving an hour away in 20 days so new gym and bigger so not any point really

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Deads for sure. If you're ever feeling energetic, try supersetting squats with stiff-legged dl. You'll grow my friend!

killswitch604

Dec 3, 2013
Tough call. There's always something to be said for getting a huge pump from dumbbell or barbell curls. LOL. But, right now it's between benching and deadlifting, only because I'm into heavier stuff at the moment. Love starting the day with 50 pull ups right after I wake up, also.