©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Atom looking lean brother!
Had a great chest day today.... Glad the holidays are over so I can get back to a normal schedule

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good to see everyone here! Going to take the rest of the week off. My new biopsy from last week did show cancer. Going to the surgeons office Friday AM to discuss my treatment options. Its been a real roller coaster ride the last couple months. I am planning on giving this a good fight. They didn't call me "the brick" for nothing.

Hope everyone has a great new year! Make each day count and tell those you care about that you love them and hold them tight.

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Keep strong Brick! You have all of us behind you (no homo lol)

Today was an insane session of chest and legs.
Started with a combo exercise: hex press then after you reach failure in the given rep range, rest for 10 sec with the Dbs on your legs then do a regular Db press. I did these on an incline and they fucking hurt! 4 sets or 10 hex and 6 regular incline

Incline BB bench 4 sets of 8 with constant tension

Incline Machine bench with a wide grip deep stretch and peak contraction 4 sets 12, 10, 8, 8

Incline Db flys 4 sets of 12 with partials at the top

Smith Squats 5 sets 18, 15, 12, 10, 8 - I did partials at the top after each set really flexing the quads

Db Split Squats 3 sets of 10 on each leg

High and Wide leg press 4 sets of 20, 12, 10, 10 superset with leg press calf raises 4 sets of 12

AND I bought the ring brothers! Gonna pop the question on the 25th

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Brick , sorry bout the findings. You will beat it and go on bigger and better. .
Holler for anything I can assist you with, T

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Trained shoulders today
Seated hammer strength military press 5x12
Side lateral raises 5x15
Front lateral raises 5x15
Barbell shrugs 5x20 holding each rep at the top
Dumbbell shrugs 5x15 each trap separate and then another 15 together for each working set.
30 minutes cardio and done :)

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ahhh SHIT .... You will kick its ass brick I know it.. Give me a howl also if you need whatever!
Been off last 2 days same old odd thoughts but back at the gym sat .. Gonna be sic..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Thanks guys. My surgeon told me yesterday the new biopsies show its more aggressive than they first thought. They are not sure if it has entered the muscle outside the tube. I'll know that after the next surgery. Going in next week for a lung scan and talk to the chemo doc. Surgery scheduled for the end of this month. They will remove everything that looks bad. Going to be a big surgery with a few days in the hospital. Tried to train yesterday just to put it out of my head for an hour. Its tough going for me right now.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Ahh double shit...OK Brick I'm sending airway prayers and positive vibes. We can beat this crap...I know it

Saturday back and trapps,..
Did 8 organized back exercises and went pretty well
Chins
Seated rows
DB bent over rows
Hammer strength low one arm rows
V-rope over head pulls
Bb rows
High pull grip pull downs
Lifefitness machine rows
And a whole bunch of shock and awe trap movements
See u Sunday. T and G where art thou?

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Brick keep us informed . You have real friends here that think the world of you.
I will be sending you a pm in a sec. Stay positive and you will beat this thing .Ok i'm going to head out intom the blizzard for chest and arms.
This ones for the brick... I'll check back later.. T

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Brick, you've been around the block and then some, and there are times when training needs to take back seat.. Thoughts and prayers my friend

Yesterday was a catch up session for me because my girl missed a back and shoulder workout so I did some stuff with her and worked on weak areas (rear delts, traps, low back...)

Today was gruesome...
we started off with the typical seated leg curl and calf raise superset for 5 sets...
Then we saw the squat racks were all taken...PISSED!
We decided, to move onto the smith and do close stance smith squats... deeps nasty sets of 15, 12, 10, 8, 8...
Smith Sissy Hack squats... 3 sets of 12 and quads were on fire
One legged V-squats 3 sets of 8-10 on each leg with an pause at bottom***These were absolutely sick*** My hammies were on fire
Lying Leg curls done super slow with a deep stretch 4 sets of 12 and the last one was a drop set
I was so burnt out and couldn't even walk... Hammies are still on fire

Here is something funny... So this morning we woke up late and I said lets just go to the gym, I'm not taking my insulin today.... Just some BCAAs... She turns to me and goes, "What? Why? That's not right... You need to take that now, it's part of your plan to reach your goals...Take you insulin and eat and we'll go ina few minutes." I was like, damn, I love this girl more and more every day... haha

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
LOL... Atom has a new boss guys..

Leg day for me too.
Iso quad and hammy machines.
Seated hammy
Horizontal ISO hammy
Squats
Standing cable ISO hammy
High hip flexer machine
Standing calf
Seated calf
20min cardio..

Retire the snow equipment and all head south
Hope everyone is doing well by the crappy cold weather..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
LOL... Atom has a new boss guys..

Leg day for me too.
Iso quad and hammy machines.
Seated hammy
Horizontal ISO hammy
Squats
Standing cable ISO hammy
High hip flexer machine
Standing calf
Seated calf
20min cardio..

Retire the snow equipment and all head south
Hope everyone is doing well by the crappy cold weather..

Eat shit IB lol :p Dude, but I never thought i'd be in this spot... it feels great to be with someone who is supportive of my goals. She wants to gain some more muscle and tighten up her midsection and thighs and was questioning some supps and what not.. She's really intolerant to stims and I don't think she'd take to something like clen but I suggested var. I think a prohormone like halodrol would do her good too... Time will tell...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
As i've mentioned earlier, a big focus for me is chest and particularly the pec major. Today I felt like I had a gorilla chest lol

Incline DB bench work up to set of 8 reps and do 4 sets
Incline Hex press/Db Fly Combo 4 sets I did hex press until about a rep short of failure and then did as many reps of a DB fly as I could
Machine Chest Press with seat pushed forward and peak contraction 4 sets of 12
Incline Db scoop Fly 4 sets of 12..... CHEST WAS SMOKED!

I then went to shoulders....
Super wide Front Military press 5 sets of 12
Over and Back Shoulder Press 4 sets of 10
Tri Set of laterals, Front raise and rear delts 4 sets of each

I was pretty freaking torched...

Hope everyone is doing well

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
LOL... I'm going to need to ok this relationship Atom.. Did u ask her dad if you could marry her?

Popped the top
Gun show to get the juices flowing..
T it's 75degrees in AZ.. Banana hammock weather bro..

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
LOL... I'm going to need to ok this relationship Atom.. Did u ask her dad if you could marry her?

Popped the top
Gun show to get the juices flowing..
T it's 75degrees in AZ.. Banana hammock weather bro..

Actually yes, IB, I did sit down with her mom and dad and ask if I could marry her :)

Can I also get the blessing of the Reverend IB?

Had a real good back session this AM despite it being 3 degrees in my neck of the woods...

1-Arm BB rows 5 sets of 10 of each arm
Rack Deads sets of 12, 10, 8, 6
Stretchers 4 sets of 12
Super set of Underhand pulldowns 4 sets of 8 and Straight Arm Pulldowns 4 sets of 12
Finished off with Smith Dead stop Rows 4 sets of 8

Not a ton of volume, but a good deal and I went pretty heavy. Got me feeling right before kicking off the day.

My girl is now dead set of getting ripped.... Last night when we were talking she was like, I am sick of being "OK" I want to be the female version of what you are lol So we talked about diet and what not and she realizes she can't be snacking on cookies and chocolate haha She does now and still looks good, but if she gets rid of those and ups her protein and fats she will transform ASAP.

She said she wants to try some clen and maybe some var... I'm not sure on the female starting dose for clen, but i think 20-30mcg would be enough to kick off some changes.