©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

thebrick's - What are you Training Today?

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
How many frenchtoast spig? :)

Ten I believe. And that was cinnamon, raisin bread too. :love1:

For batter I use 1.5 cups of egg whites and about a half scoop of protein. Then depending what kind of bread I'm using, I just keep making them till I run out of the eggs.

So sometimes it's only 8 if it's the thick bread etc.

Lets all have a good week here. Gun day for me today. Long day of work ahead too.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Wow, so I made a post earlier today but it never went up...

We are back on our blast and crushed it yesterday! Loading legs and pump upper

Done in zig-zag fashion, 3 sets of each to failure
Front Squats (my girl did BB squats)
Leg Extensions
Seated Leg curls

Standing calves 1 set of 12-15 and 1 DC style RP set
Adductors and abductors 2 sets of 12-15

Superset
Machine Lat pulldowns 2 sets of 15-20 with partials
Pec Deck 2 sets of 15-20 with drop sets

Superset
Low Machine Rows 2 sets of 15-20 with partials
Machine Laterals 2 sets of 15-20 with partials

Superset
Overhead Triceps Extension 2 sets of 15-20 with partials
Kettlebell curls 2 sets of 15-20 with partials

I went up 20lbs on my front squats and my girl did 205lbs for 6 reps on back squats.

She is looking pretty good...

Attachments

• Miss Atomant Back.jpg
    Miss Atomant Back.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 31

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Atom, she is not looking pretty good... she is looking damn good! Good work you guys! :headbang:

Just back in from a chest workout. Shook up the routine and it felt good. I stayed away from those presses that hurt my shoulder today.

Had a beautiful 40 year old woman that I have seen many times at the gym come up and told me today she is a 7-year cancer survivor. I had no idea. We traded war stories and she told me I looked great. Gotta love that at my age!! LOL This is the 4th person to tell me they have had cancer at the gym. I love survivor stories. Fuck cancer.

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Taking tonight off and getting my laundry done and fixing to go watch some football in a lil bit.

Had a rough day originally around 9am this morning we were told we were getting cut and replaced by another crew to give us a break and some time at home with the FAM for a couple weeks. Around noon got the bad news that they wanted 3 crews out here instead of just 2. Well low and behold we're staying and this job is gonna last a while(30 miles of pipe). Make a long story short I need a few beers to relax. I even called the wife and got her hopes up. I ordered 3 dozen roses and having em delivered to say I'm sorry.:(:(:(:(:(:(

Hopefully tomorrow's better
P

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Dang Phoe... sorry to hear that. How much time are we talking "a while"?

There's always those bad days. Count on tomorrow being better.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
No don't get paid 24 hours a day between 12-15 and been on this job for I think 6 or 7 weeks. To put the icing in the cake just had a charge to my credit card in Minnesota. So yea that's completely not where I'm at so..... New card again. Was going go to watch the game never heard back from the guys that we were supposed to go watch it with. So fuck it I'm taking a shower and hoping tomorrow will bring a better day.

Plus per diem

Last edited:

Z28

Mar 19, 2014
Damm Phoe I'm in construction too. I give you alot of credit to work on those kind of jobs no matter how much the pay is its not enough.

Killed back today again slower and squeezing felt the back big time. I;m not concerned about strength but I was surprised to db row the 150s for a good slow 8 reps.

I ran into one of my old shooting instructors ( I shoot competitive action shooting) who wants to train with me in the afternoons. He is a former Army special forces guy, had his arm blown up in a raid in Afgan. His mental toughness is insane and does not know what quitting means. I have a feeling intensity will be taken to another level. I cant wait.

bb rows 5 sets
smith high rows
db dead stop rows
db pullovers
db shrugs
chest pad t bar row

go home for a steak and cream of rice

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Great arm day yesterday. Pump was so intense I actually cut it short by two sets.

Not sure what I'm doing/taking to get these incredible pumps.

The contractions are so intense I'm getting pumped even on warm up sets.

Then I proceeded ti have a miserable day at work. Worked so late, I had to stop at In N Out on the way home cause I was going to miss a meal.
Kept my cool and only had a Dbl Dbl and fry instead of the usual 4x4.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Moving slow this AM. Haven't been sleeping great lately. I can go to sleep but then I wake up about 2-2:30 am and its toss and turn the rest of the night. Took one of those ZQuill to sleep last night. It worked, but damn I feel foggy this morning.

Gonna hit back today. Looking forward to it.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
You and me both brother back/shoulders today as well. Need to let off some steam from a bad day yesterday. My wife keeps telling me I need to try zquil just keep forgetting to get some. I usually don't fall asleep before 11-12 at night and then get up between 5-5:30 so I definitely need to try something

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Usually the Zquil works well, but I had a beer last night with it and I think it was too much. At least I slept tho. Hope things work out fast for you brother.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
My wife keeps telling me I need to try zquil just keep forgetting to get some. I usually don't fall asleep before 11-12 at night and then get up between 5-5:30 so I definitely need to try something

You ever try Melatonin bro? I take 10mg half hour before i wanna be sleeping and it knocks me out pretty good. I have sleep troubles too, hate it. But melatonin helps me out a lot and im not groggy in the morning after taking it. Cheap too, under $10 at the grocery store or pharmacy...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Shit Phoe, sorry about yesterday...

Brick... to add to your survivor stories. My pop (grandfather) beat cancer twice... he had a persistent fucker in his system and it took two rounds to give it the KO. He is still kicking, not doing as well now-a-days, but that is the course of life... he has lived a long fruitful life and his legacy will be left behind with his children and grandchildren.

Last night we kicked ass! Upper body loading and lower body pump. I'm like jello today. My bodyweight continues to creep higher and I still have ripped glutes and a solid 6 pack. Not contest style, but hovering around 7%-7.5% body fat.

We are off tonight... a much needed rest day. Instead of training we are going to our pre maritial counseling sessions... Wanna make sure we start off on the right foot :)