©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

My Gift to ALL AnaSCI Members!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I don't mind sharing where I got my lantus. It is NOT an actual source per say. I just don't want to post it in case it's in poor taste or violates forums rules. Hopefully a mod sees this and tells me otherwise and I will post. Again, this is not an actual source but more of a place to find it

If it is not taking business away from one of the sources paying to advertise and unless one of the other guys have objections to it, I don't have an issue with it?!

Would like to see some logs going on this here...Would like to put a rest to all the hearsay because we have a few options here for people to try (bboy backing Reno's, CG's layout, and a few other protocols people have posted in this thread):

3) This protocol below seemed to be the most "magical" for me. I have only done it once due to the difficulty with work schedule doing fasted cardio and then 2 weight sessions during the day.

Training Session 1:
10iu Log Post workout:
75g whey iso
70g HBCD
30 min after post workout shake:
5 oz chicken breast 40g Pro
2 bagels 100g Carbs

Training Session 2:
5iu Log Pre Workout
75g HBCD
40g EEA

Immediately after training:
10iu Log
50g whey iso
155g carbs from Quaker Oatmeal squares.

* The above protocol I did for 4 weeks and took me from 6-1 lean 235 to 247 and just as lean but super full and round (3D looking.)

Protocol #3 = "what most ifbb pros do" :lightbulb:

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
makes you wonder what the STRENGTH of Lantus is
compared to R or Log.....

its obviously not the same mg for mg....

or seems that way....

10iu of R with a duration of 12 hours is not the same as
20iu of lantus with a duration of 18 to 24 hours..

so how much more would you need to use....
There is noway for the lantus dose to fully hit you all at once at any point in time. I believe lantus is slow releasing because it's crystal structures that the body takes time to breakdown before it can be absorbed. It is not like humalog or humulin it regards to that already.

To be honest with you, I have only come across information about doses ranging 20-80 iu a day. They all seem to be inline with what I describe of lantus. I don't see it being any different at higher doses as long as you keep checking your fasted bg levels in the morning. 75-80 range is where you want to be. If it gets lower than that, then it probably does become an issue of going hypo but even then I don't think the onset of going hypo is fast as faster insulins.

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
I get my lantus from diabetics on Craigslist. Most of them get prescribed too much and they sell it cheap to make up for their copays. Most diabetics keep good care of the lantus and keep it refrigerated at all times.

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
I just want to reiterate that the information I provide is from research and personal experience.

I know that when you google lantus for bodybuilding, the results take you to other forums all over the world with members in the same position as we are. I did notice I found more information from forum members located overseas. That did lead me to believe that there is some validity to CG's claim it more popular overseas and they are using it there more so than in the states. Most of the information I found from members in the states is based off what they know of fast acting insulins which I believe DOES NOT apply to lantus. It would seem that we are behind the curve compared to overseas. It's not a bad thing considering Mr Olympia is from the states. Lol

1. I have never gone hypo on 50 iu lantus a day even when I was fasted 12-16 hours.
2. I HAVE gone hypo on 15 iu humulin consuming carbs around the injections.

Those 2 points alone separates lantus from humalog and humulin.

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
One more point I would like to make about my research on many forums.
ANASCI and ProM forums has more information on slightly more taboo subjects about insulin. It does seem to get discussed more. Like fasted cardio on insulin or subjects to that extent. I found most other forums to be a bunch of Internet "parrots" squawking the same BS about how dangerous those subjects are and they shun members inquiring without discussing the subject. If it exists in this sport, then I think it should all be discussed no matter how dangerous it would seem.
I don't post much because by the time I get to read the topics on ANASCI or ProM, other members have already answered so it's difficult to contribute anything more to the thread. Besides, I do a lot of reading more than anything else

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
so for you guys who have used it...???

any pics...???....before, after..???

did it work..???....if it did why are you still not using it...???
or are you still using it....???

are you 300lbs with abs...???
let see...???

all I keep hearing is.....yea I used it, I did this and that, and
it did this and that.....well, would you keep using it...???
would you use it again...??? was it a waste of time...???

:cool:

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
Tenny, it's too soon to say if it worth continuing to use. What's also working against us is that there is a new insulin out that is much longer acting that doctors are prescribing and getting away from lantus for their patients. So availability maybe be even more limited that would drive the price up on the black market. Lantus was cheap so I figured I would experiment but who knows in the coming months. I don't think any of the other longer acting insulins provide the same igf mechanism that is found desirable in lantus.

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
Tenny, it's too soon to say if it worth continuing to use. What's also working against us is that there is a new insulin out that is much longer acting that doctors are prescribing and getting away from lantus for their patients. So availability maybe be even more limited that would drive the price up on the black market. Lantus was cheap so I figured I would experiment but who knows in the coming months. I don't think any of the other longer acting insulins provide the same igf mechanism that is found desirable in lantus.

humalinU....Ultra

36 hour slin..???

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
humalinU....Ultra

36 hour slin..???

Levemir is also available but lantus is the only one that provides the desired igf mechanism. I don't know what the particular thing it is with lantus that does that.

I welcome any research you can find on that. I myself am still researching.

RamboStallone

Jul 2, 2017
Nothing new here.
3be87da0c5787e88f044493a0f5873f1.jpg

tenny

Jan 17, 2017
see that straight green line is what bothers me the most....

constant diabetic state

IGG

Dec 24, 2016
see that straight green line is what bothers me the most....

constant diabetic state

I see your reason for concern. Only way to know would be to to be on lantus for a couple of weeks and take bg readings before, right after, and an hour or so after eating to see where bg levels are. If bg levels are high and does not come down by the 3 rd reading, it would be an indication that natural production has been shut down. Does that sound right to you?

RamboStallone

Jul 2, 2017
If I were to run lantus, I would do it 2-3x a week. Maybe on training days or something. For someone like me, I'd go diabetic in a week running protocols like the ones I've seen posted.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I don't mind sharing where I got my lantus. It is NOT an actual source per say. I just don't want to post it in case it's in poor taste or violates forums rules. Hopefully a mod sees this and tells me otherwise and I will post. Again, this is not an actual source but more of a place to find it

Go ahead. I'm aware of any Sponsors here that carry it.

feeshoils

Sep 25, 2016
You are correct, That's why post competition is the best time to employ slin protocols as your insulin sensitivity is sky high

Correct, My friend was at the end of a diet phase which allowed for higher insulin sensitivity and better nutrient uptake, and that's probably why he has such a phenomenal result when he first started the lantus.

I couldn't see someone who wasn't already lean or had been in a deficit for a period of time being able to have that same "rebound" type effect from first starting the lantus.

Just about everything always comes back to staying somewhat lean, or at least starting lean in order to maximize every growth phase.

bruiser

Jan 3, 2013
"Won't go hypo"

You still have to have 10 grams carbs per iu, right.
On 50iu I wouldnt wanna take in 500carbs.
For that a too much

RamboStallone

Jul 2, 2017
you never know till you try....:D
I spent a ton of time getting my slin sensitivity where it is today, I can finally eat carbs without turning into a water buffalo lol. I can even diet now on carbs, I doubt I want ruin that. For someone like me, Lantus is a bad choice. Type 2 runs in my family on both sides.

Reno 911

Donating Member
Nov 28, 2014
I spent a ton of time getting my slin sensitivity where it is today, I can finally eat carbs without turning into a water buffalo lol. I can even diet now on carbs, I doubt I want ruin that. For someone like me, Lantus is a bad choice. Type 2 runs in my family on both sides.

RS- not to get the thread off topic here but besides your genetic predisposition, what caused your poor insulin resistance and also can you speak a bit on what you did to increase your insulin sensitivity- cardio, manipulate carbs, DNP, GDA's, etc.?

Thanks