©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

METAL - enter @ your own risk

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Had a chance to see them back in their heyday, but missed out. Wish I would've went. Sad to hear.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Another favorite of mine from the old Possessed Seven Churches album. Great live intro, then kicking up the speed @ 2:08. Classic stuff from the original speed metal days. I think my girlfriend at the time almost broke up with me over this album :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPS01Y_tFAI

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I got to see gwar in 2001 and was great glad I went to there show it was the best performance ever. I'll be truthful there music is not what I'd consider the best but the performance and stage antics was second to none. Definitely a loss

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A legendary speed crusher from Death (RIP Chuck). The jamming from 1:50-2:25 epitomizes 80's thrash/speed metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhrejrDTcp0

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Love this down tuned fuzzed out crusher !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXVN2Nj6sF8

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
The legendary one again, ahead of his time in the early 90's with this incredible wall of sound. Often imitated, Chuck was one of the first one's to delve into that massive double bass drum/guitar riffing sound that is total sensory overload. Great stuff here.

Flattening of Emotions

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
A double shot from a classic metal album of the 90's.

Lack of Comprehension

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Here it is man ! By all accounts, the first classic speed metal song ever recorded. Recorded in 1982, it transitioned the new wave punk metal hybrid sound into the precursor for Slayer, Metallica and the rest of the headbangers. Venom were the biggest hardcore band in the early 80's, headlining all shows. Not only did they pioneer "speed metal", but the name of the song/album pioneered the label for a genre "black metal"

Thee founding fathers of hardcore right here ! For the record, the first hardcore cassette (haha) that I ever bought. Led me into my life of thunderous, frantic hardcore metal listening.

Enjoy !!

Venom - Black Metal

Last edited:

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
What's up? Did I lose all my brothers in metal to hip hop or something?

Time to fuck everyone up with some Vader ! :p

Goth hottie alert at 0:02 and 2:12...smokin' metal babes ! Lol

Vader - This is the War

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Hey Marshall! Been away from board with health/family issues. Much better now. i'll be stopping by way more often.
Thanks for vids...........! T

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Welcome back to the pit, T ! Excellent first post OS, you're not going to get any heavier than we're pumping out in this thread. An AnaSci exclusive ! :)

Let's take it back ! The originators of the "mosh", the legendary Anthrax and awesome power chord crunch man, Scott Ian, as high energy as ever.

Anthrax - Indians

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Double shot of Anthrax with perhaps their greatest song of them all, Among the Living. Certainly their greatest album. Saw them on this tour opening up for Megadeth at the old Phantasy Theatre in Cleveland in 1987.

That skull crushing riff from this song 0:46 to 1:25 was so heavy and monstrously thick that the concrete from the ceiling was breaking off into little pieces and coming down on us. Never forget that ! Anthrax were beasts of the late 80's without a doubt.

Anthrax - Among the Living

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
Welcome back to the pit, T ! Excellent first post OS, you're not going to get any heavier than we're pumping out in this thread. An AnaSci exclusive ! :)

Let's take it back ! The originators of the "mosh", the legendary Anthrax and awesome power chord crunch man, Scott Ian, as high energy as ever.

Anthrax - Indians

Thank you brother, glad I found this thread! Never have I seen a thread dedicated to metal! Yeah I think I'm gonna like this board!

Oregonstrong

Dec 24, 2014
One more contribution for you brothers......
[ame]http://youtu.be/2m0LU3gauLc[/ame]
War of Ages "all consuming fire"

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Good to see this thread energized again with some skull crushers ! Can anyone say "Ace Ventura" :)

Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Good re-mastered live version of Lack of Comprehension. Chuck became such a great guitar player in such a short period of time, there's no doubt that if he hadn't been taken away at a young age, he'd be perhaps the premier guitarist/songwriter in metal today.

Best comparison to me right here is Mustaine. Effortless "spider" type playing style while singing at the same time. So incredibly hard to do but so effortless for legends like them. Chuck has a much quicker pick hand than Dave though, that's for sure.

Death - Lack of Comprehension

Last edited:

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
How about the new slipknot album the grey chapter

The devil in I
Slipknot - The Devil In I [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

The negative one
Slipknot - The Negative One [OFFICIAL VIDEO] - YouTube

Custer
Slipknot - Custer (Audio) - YouTube