©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What's your take on high doses of HMB?

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
Note that the only ”true” HMB is produced in licensed facilities and is cost-controlled.

There is rampant bunk HMB on the market. One study that used HMB from a ”reputable” supplement brand, purchased at GNC, returned results that showed no effect from the HMB.

Later, they analyzed the ”HMB” they used in the study and found that there wasn't any HMB in it.

Check out HMB.org for a list of brands that use the real thing. This is a real case of cheaper is not always better.

I know this because I repped for an HMB company. Many fakes out there.

TT

While I agree that there is some bunk stuff out there, it's also I possible to say that "x" company is not making legit hmb- at one time the only place it was coming from was Japan.

But now days you can anything legit in china. Not saying it's l legit but again there are great things coming out of china.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
HMB was really popular for a period in the 90's. Used it but not in high doses.
Really have no idea what was working as I was using nany otc sups along with aas. Interesting revival though. T

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
While I agree that there is some bunk stuff out there, it's also I possible to say that "x" company is not making legit hmb- at one time the only place it was coming from was Japan.

But now days you can anything legit in china. Not saying it's l legit but again there are great things coming out of china.

No doubt, you're right. I think it would cost more to test every batch of new material than to simply pay for guaranteed good HMB, though.

I ran the production department of a prohormone company. We bought most of our raws from China.

we used the same few suppliers most of the time, but we still paid the $2700 to test every new batch of hormones that came in for identity and purity. you just don't know what you're getting from China.

More than once we had to deal with bunk or contaminated raws, even though we were spending hundreds of thousands of dollars with these guys. It's cheaper because is mostly unregulated there, but that's a double-edged sword.