©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What is the best way to bulk up naturally in your opinion?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
I have some smaller friends that want to bulk up naturally, and they keep asking me for advice because I'm such a big guy, but I don't really know the best way to bulk up naturally as I always use AS. What is the best way to bulk up naturally for smaller people?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Lots of food, lots of protein, lots of complex carbs. Eat fatty fish 5 days a week, dozen eggs a day. Use creatine HCL, not monohydrate, before and after workouts, 2 grams each. Also 60 grams of fast digesting carbs immediately post workout. Dextrose is best.

Also, ask them to define natural. Not everyone means the same thing when they use that word. I had a buddy that believed that "true naturals" don't even use whey protein, bcaa's, DHEA, creatine, or any form of legal nutritional supplements. I deal with another competitor at my second job that says as long as it can be purchased legally without a prescription, he considers it "natural". For him that includes products like those from IronMag Labs, which I definitely wouldn't consider to be natural, but he's perfectly fine with it.

Everyone defines natural differently. Find out what he considers natural, and work within those limitations.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Lots of food, lots of protein, lots of complex carbs. Eat fatty fish 5 days a week, dozen eggs a day. Use creatine HCL, not monohydrate, before and after workouts, 2 grams each. Also 60 grams of fast digesting carbs immediately post workout. Dextrose is best.

Also, ask them to define natural. Not everyone means the same thing when they use that word. I had a buddy that believed that "true naturals" don't even use whey protein, bcaa's, DHEA, creatine, or any form of legal nutritional supplements. I deal with another competitor at my second job that says as long as it can be purchased legally without a prescription, he considers it "natural". For him that includes products like those from IronMag Labs, which I definitely wouldn't consider to be natural, but he's perfectly fine with it.

Everyone defines natural differently. Find out what he considers natural, and work within those limitations.
What do the carbs do pre workout??

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
It's kind of hard to "bulk" naturally without becoming fat. Instead of having them bulk, particularly if they are smallish/lean now, and have them just lean gain. If they gain blubber they will never see the muscle the added. I would just have them add another 500 cals to their diet ED to ensure a calorie surplus and wish them the best. In all reality, most people I know only use a scoop of PRO powder once a day and so they are just undernurished.

Hawk

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Yeah, I agree, that if they're natural, they don't have the edge you do otherwise when eating above and beyond maintenance which can result in great growth when you're 'on' but pure flab when you're not. An increase in calories, good calories, up the training intensity some and watch the mirror.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
What do the carbs do pre workout??

The carbs are post workout, not pre. Dextrose is basically the exact same thing as blood sugar/glycogen. It goes immediately into the bloodstream and the corresponding insulin release drives it into the muscle to quickly replenish muscle glycogen and speed recovery. It's the fastest most efficient way to replenish muscle glycogen and jumpstart recovery.

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Gummi bears for example are dextrose...

Yup yup. As well as pixie sticks. Anything made by Haribo or Wonka is basically just dextrose. The filling in Pop Tarts is dextrose, so those work as well. Or you can just buy an 8 lb tub of it off Amazon for pennies a serving.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Lol, he's just trying to make us feel bad for our post-workout poptart Nutella sandwich. Bet Grim does cardio too!!!

Ain't gone lie I do cardio....rope climbs and chain swing. Or I just fuck my g/f after test susp shot :D

Dark Angel

Jun 25, 2015
For myself I consider anything except hormones as natural. So that takes out AAS and Prohormones, essentially. But in the natural field there are trick I use to manipulate things to my benefit. Obviously food is King! And always will be. Nothing, I mean nothing will compensate for proper nutrition...not even AAS. What I do, being a very large natural, to manipulate things and not use hormones is to increase my natural hormones to their greatest potential. Or at least that's the goal. I take shit loads vitamins and natty test boosters. For myself; Tribulus - 6 grams, DAA - 13.5 grams, D3 - 5000 IU, HMB - 3 to 4 grams, Fish Oil - 2 grams, and tons of Leucine. Leucine is like AAS for naturals...shit is anabolic as F**k! Also as a key note I weigh +/- 300 lbs so dosage needs to be assigned per kg. second note with tons of stuff coming into the body they need to be a fish and drink the shit out of water to help flush wastes out.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Lol, he's just trying to make us feel bad for our post-workout poptart Nutella sandwich. Bet Grim does cardio too!!!

I had two double quarter pounders and 16 bbq wings from pizza hut for lunch yesterday. Psych, sour patch kids are killer PWO actually, especially if you start going hypo from log. HAHA

My workouts are very high volume, i'll lose 3lbs in water while drinking a gallon, so, cardio is not really on my agenda lately. Still under 9% ;) LMAO!

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I had two double quarter pounders and 16 bbq wings from pizza hut for lunch yesterday. Psych, sour patch kids are killer PWO actually, especially if you start going hypo from log. HAHA

My workouts are very high volume, i'll lose 3lbs in water while drinking a gallon, so, cardio is not really on my agenda lately. Still under 9% ;) LMAO!

You better be under 9% if your avatar is Gunter!!!! :cool:

Went hypo one time driving back from gym (stone training) one day. I just started taking MK677. Pulled over in car staggered into a 711 and just walked up to the fridge with Gatoraid. Opened one and slammed it. Before the counter guy could yell at me I grabbed cash and held it over my head. Went up to the counter and told him I was diabetic and forgot my glucose and emergency bracelet. Drove home and went to bed......MK677 is nuts!