©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What are your goals ?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
So, a few weeks ago I posted up some threads about goal setting. One thing was to write them down with a plan. So, I figured I would share mine as well as ask others what aspirations they had. Pling, strongman or bbing. Post them up.

Hawks goals:
Short term:
Total 1600 in March Meet at 242
600 S
425 B
600 DL

These are solid jumps but I have hit 570 with no wraps in the gym. I did 397 in my last meet while dehydrated and hit 565 dead pretty easy with a bum leg.

I am hoping to hit those which will be a Masters USPA record and climb to 275 where I belong.

Long Term is to hit 1700 raw total at 275 which at this point would be another Master's Record. Then maybe some single ply and 2000 total action who knows?

To get there I have part one down which was perfect technique thanks to Eddie (thanks -t-). Part two is to get F'n stronger which I am doing with the help of this board. And part three will be nailing my water cut which I will be picking psyche's abnormally large brain about.

Thanks for reading,
Hawk

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Get my 735 dead in the 220 single ply

Get my 635 bench single ply

When my invite for the Olympia USPA gets here sign that fucker and go start shit at that meet!

Win worlds again

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Regain a shit ton of missing muscle. Get nice and lean again.
finish healing up and barbell squat again without fucking my shoulder(s) up.
be happy and not worry so much.... T

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Short term- Weigh 270
Mid- get cut and have a nice set of abs
Long- look like superman from Man of Steel

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
250 to 260 at around 8 to 10% bf Ive been there before and really want it back i really hate myself for letting myself go but its good motivation.

Coeda

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Right now my goal is to get my beer belly in, its embarrassing to walk with it.

g0hardorgohome

Dec 1, 2013
Those would be some awesome numbers bro!

Good luck,
Hawk
Yeah, those will require lot of work but I think they're achievable.. I started powerlifting just lately, been doing only front squats and DB presses before. Barbell bench and back squat are getting better pretty quickly. My personal best at front squat is 3x300lbs @ 175lbs and DB bench 5x110's @ 175lbs so hopefully that "base" shows in back squat and regular bench press soon.

On my last (and first) meet I pulled 480lbs RAW without belt @ 175lbs and my next meet is probably on April.. All three lifts this time. Goals are high.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Yeah, those will require lot of work but I think they're achievable.. I started powerlifting just lately, been doing only front squats and DB presses before. Barbell bench and back squat are getting better pretty quickly. My personal best at front squat is 3x300lbs @ 175lbs and DB bench 5x110's @ 175lbs so hopefully that "base" shows in back squat and regular bench press soon.

On my last (and first) meet I pulled 480lbs RAW without belt @ 175lbs and my next meet is probably on April.. All three lifts this time. Goals are high.

Good luck and keep us posted. Impressive feat by anyone standards and more so @ 181.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
My goal is just to get on your level Hawk.

Surely you jest LOL.

To be honest few people will understand this but it is how I tick. I truly enjoying learning and teaching (the discussion) more then the lifting. I do like being big and strong, but I am limited by age and genetics. However, I would like to accomplish enough and learn enough so I could teach others interested in PLing one day.

Hawk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
CH did'nt we talk about this? You have only scratched the surface .
I'm looking for some big numbers comimg from you.
Hope you road trip this year coming up we can hit lilliebridges gym and
another buddies gym up in wis as well as Quads of course..
How's crane man doing ? I'm expecting low 7's for him soon. Say Hi.
Thanks , T....

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
CH did'nt we talk about this? You have only scratched the surface .
I'm looking for some big numbers comimg from you.
Hope you road trip this year coming up we can hit lilliebridges gym and
another buddies gym up in wis as well as Quads of course..
How's crane man doing ? I'm expecting low 7's for him soon. Say Hi.
Thanks , T....

Yeah, I would love to get back there and see how DK and the lilliebridges do it. Eddie sure did help me nail my form but there is always room for more knowledge from guys who know this shit.

And heck even if all I add is 30lbs. To each lift over the next few years a 1700 raw total will put me in a very small percentage of lifters. And then who knows...maybe some single ply action.

Hawk

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Im like Hawk..I enjoy teaching and helping the people who are the serious not the pretty boy mirror selfys.. I'm no plifter and never will be that's for sure but love seeing and hearing people do phenominal lifts..