©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What age is to old?

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
How old do you guys feel is to old? No previous cycle experience. The man is 60 years old 6 ft 3 and is built. He wants to run a cycle. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
More power to him....I've known a few guys his age that run cycles all the time no mega doses or anything but consistent cycles. Hell test only cycle with proper pct prob make him feel 30 again

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
I'm not sure you're ever too old. The big concern as you get older is controlling blood pressure. But, it sounds like he's in pretty good shape already, and fairly thick. If he's in good shape, BP is probably good, but it's still something to monitor. He needs to take his BP a couple times a day, and maybe talk to his doctor about BP meds even if he's borderline to being high.

Keep doses relatively low. Make sure his diet and training are squared away. Diet becomes more and more crucial as we get older. He may want to talk to his doctor about TRT before running a cycle. Or if he doesn't want to bother with the doc, he can just run his own TRT when he ends his cycle. At his age it beats trying to keep his gains with PCT. And he'll notice plenty of benefits from the TRT, too.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Never a bad idea but make sure he's careful with a few things. His strength will increase dramatically. Risk of tendon tear is very likely so make sure his lifting technique is perfect. Keep doses reasonable and stay clear of orals and harsh compounds like tren. I'd also strongly advise him to run gh and/or peps before and throughout just to get igf levels up and prepare his body for what's to come.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I would love to put my 80 year old dad on

I have my 68 year old dad on :D

He's been on trt for years. Couple times a year he adds 400 to 500mg test a week on top of his 75mg weekly shots. Only 10 to 12 week cycles, test only. He has to go in to get his shots so his BP is monitored regularly and gets bloods done a couple times a year too. He just waits till he gets his levels checked so his doc don't see his test too high, then goes ahead and hops on for a short cycle. So far, everything has stayed in check.

Jan 26, 2015
midwest
Thanks for the input guys. I'll make sure I share it with him. I don't believe he's ever had any history of high bp, but I'll make sure he monitor's it!

Bear

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
How old do you guys feel is to old? No previous cycle experience. The man is 60 years old 6 ft 3 and is built. He wants to run a cycle. What are your thoughts?

I think that could greatly very with every person as we all age quite differently. If he is a relatively healthy 60 yr old then he's probably a good candidate for a mild cycle or even just TRT/HRT

lycan Venom

Nov 22, 2013
although I am a young buck and probably the youngest here on the board, i would think at least a testosterone only cycle would be great for the heslth benefits and the sexual side effects.

I agree with magnus about keeping an eye on certain things, but i mean look at Arnold, Sylvester and a few other "old timers" right now. They are juicing it and putting dudes my age to shame.

Have him join the board and log his routines, it would definitely be inspirational.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
The older the better for trt or hrt. He will have great response and feel much better.

AR-15

Jan 10, 2016
60 years old. I mean really as long as he keeps an eye on his basic health I'd say go for it. Let's face it he's probably not gonna be around for the long-term effects of running gear so let him enjoy getting as many pumps as he can before he's too old to do it. You only live once and at 60 your life is realistically three quarters of the way over. Probably will have the best wood he's had in twenty years too. He'll feel 20 years younger. His mood will probably improve. And as Magnus I believe said put him on long-term use of GH if its in the budget and he'll feel like a million bucks not to mention his overall health probably would improve unless he has some type of existing issues like enlarged prostate then he can't do anything like test. I say fuck it. Let him cycle his ass off. Then when he finally has to go to an old folks home he'll be getting all the ass he can handle....AR

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
I know several guys in their 60s still blasting away...test, maybe some GH would be great for him

rangerjockey

Donating Member
Jan 16, 2014
Island life
Fuck yeah do it, I am 50 and feel fantastic. I chase mama around the house with a stiffy. If not for bodybuidling, just for mood enhancement and energy and well being.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
50 and loving the tren...I go to my doc every couple of months. Blood work could use improving but it's acceptable. Like someone else said keep an eye on basic health

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
Make sure he starts slow and increases weight slowly - even if he feels he can do more. Unless you add in something like HGH which will strengthen the connective tissues, his muscle growth can easily outpace his connective tissue growth and he can hurt himself.

Miket5666

Mar 27, 2014
Depends on what compounds and dosages. I actually know a guy that age that only uses GH but makes him feel great. TRT doses of test and some generic GH at 2-3 IU a day would be great IMO.