©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

US allies join the anti-dollar alliance

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
K1, what are the methods to prevent/change that from happening?

We weren't the world leader until after WWII either. Then through the war we were able to flex the muscle of technology and resource to basically save the UK, China and France, destroy Japan, and keep Russia in it's place. (not trying to sound too patriotic there).

What, in your opinion, are avenues that the US can stay the economic power globally? Only war? So what goes around comes around?

Concreteguy

Super Moderator
Mar 12, 2013
Pa
Ok, first I want to say that my posts and opinions are in no way trying to come off negative to anyone so if anyone thinks that at any point it's not the case...We are just having a discussion about what is going on globally, in the monetary aspect...Not military or technology wise.....

That being said your last sentence states exactly what I have said above...Most Americans are receiving their news from govt backed/owned media outlets (AOL, Yahoo, MSN, MSNBC, etc)...They read and believe exactly what their govt wants them to!

"Too much corruption is unacceptable" - by that I am not referring to the corruption govts impose upon their citizens, that is to be expected in EVERY nation and will never change regardless of who plays the leadership role...Most people by nature are nothing more then sheep that want and need to be lead!

"Too much corruption is unacceptable" - I am referring to the US govt's corruption and control over every other nation in the world (again monetarily speaking)...The example above regarding the US's FATCA laws which they used to extort $9bil from the French National Bank with the threat of blacklisting them from the World Banking network, when in fact the FNB never broke any laws in their own country and only did business with Cuba resulting in the US being angry...They also used these same FATCA laws on I believe at least 20 Swiss Banks, when again they broke no laws in their own country! It was only a matter of time before the other super powers in the world stood up and made the change...At this very moment China has moved into the #1 economy in the world and is also ranked as having the #1 super computer in the world...Not only that but they own our entire debt! When they decided to enact the AIIB of course the rest of the world was going to jump on that!

As for your comment "It would appear that America is winning far more hands then lost."...You should place that in the past tense because it is not the case now...Again that is what AOL, MSN and Yahoo (govt owned media outlets) want the US citizens to believe...Do you think ANY govt wants their citizens to know what is truly going on on a global scale, of course not...Nor should they because it would only ever create panic...But you can easily see for yourself in the Social Security, the Federal Reserve and every other economic aspect in this country...How long did anyone think that just printing more money nonstop would be able to keep us on top?! Every time they print more money it depreciates the dollar even more.....

Although the US will always be a great and powerful country, world dominance was bound to change hands at some point, especially with us selling ourselves to China...And no I am not anti-American, I just have been fortunate/unfortunate enough to do business with many banking groups throughout the world and have seen what is going on first hand! Like I said above the US will always rank highly in the military and technology complex but the truth is economy wise the US will lose it's foothold as world dictator.....

Could you take a moment to explain your views on the billions China has spent continuing to construct abandon cities?

CG

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
K1, what are the methods to prevent/change that from happening?

We weren't the world leader until after WWII either. Then through the war we were able to flex the muscle of technology and resource to basically save the UK, China and France, destroy Japan, and keep Russia in it's place. (not trying to sound too patriotic there).

What, in your opinion, are avenues that the US can stay the economic power globally? Only war? So what goes around comes around?

My thoughts when the AIIB was first spoken of was to see the US sign on as a founding member as well...Yes it would have been a hit to this countries ego but it also would have placed them on the committee to make decisions which in essences could have eventually lead to them controlling it as they do most aspects of the World Bank/IMF...Unfortunately for them they did not want to step back and see things from a global perspective?! Most don't realize that not only is the US in debt for $18.1 trillion (official debt), but also have $42 trillion in unfunded liabilities (that is a TOTAL debt of $60 trillion)!

Now once the Chinese International Payment System (CIPS) goes live it will provide a way for banks to transfer funds to one another without having to use the US banking system, or the USD...This will begin to degrade the power held by the World Banking system and IMF very quickly!

Honestly with how many countries I see signing onto the AIIB and many more that are ready to join I really have no answer as to what they can do to remain the dominant currency on the planet?! Obviously war can/does destabilize the Middle East and if Russia were to invade the Ukraine that would force the other super powers to rally along side the US continuing to keep the majority of those countries and lining countries in the pocket of the US (that may not stop the movement but it could have a major impact on implementing or delaying it further?!)...But it seems that China is leading the way in a more political stance which is tying the US's hands on a much needed military conflict...Have you noticed once Russia met with China regarding this new banking option everything regarding the Ukraine has fizzled out...China are geniuses' that have never been given their due credit, look how easy it was for them to own the US through debt and outsourcing all work, materials, parts and labor to China...The corporate leaders and politicians here saw it as a bottom-dollar move BUT China was seeing it as slowly taking control of this country all with hand shakes and signed contracts!

Could you take a moment to explain your views on the billions China has spent continuing to construct abandon cities?

CG

Honestly I don't know anything about that CG...My interest is only in the money dominance in the world as it greatly effects the currency exchanges worldwide, that I have had dealings with?! Other aspects of nations I usually don't take note of as I have no plans on moving there, lol...The only other place that I may eventually move to if I leave this country would be Australia......

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
K1 you move money around in arbitrage or whatnot?? I heard you can make some pretty nice profits, well back in the day at least...

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
China-backed AIIB to take concrete shape at founders meeting

SHANGHAI/BEIJING (Reuters) - One of China's biggest ever foreign policy successes will take concrete shape on Monday when delegates from 57 countries sign an agreement on the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in Beijing.

The founding members of the China-backed AIIB will sign articles of agreement that decide each member's share and the bank's initial capital.

The multilateral institution, seen as a rival to the Western-dominated World Bank and Asian Development Bank, was initially opposed by the United States but has attracted many prominent U.S. allies including Britain, Germany, Australia and South Korea. Other founding members include most Asian nations and countries from the Middle East and South America.

Japan and the United States are the most prominent nations not represented in the bank. China has said it has left the door open for them to join.

"It's a huge diplomatic and strategic win for China," said Malcolm Cook, a senior fellow at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore, said of the AIIB.

"(But) the fact that so many have signed on will mean that the management of the AIIB will be quite complicated...The more countries you have on board, the more interests will be at play and more each member will of course want the institution to serve their own interests."

One senior Western diplomat in Beijing said China had felt it had no choice but to set up its own bank after repeated attempts to reform existing institutions like the International Monetary Fund to take into account China's role as the world's second-largest economy were blocked in Washington.

"The United States only has itself to blame," said the diplomat, from a country which has signed up to the AIIB, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Asian countries are expected to own up to 75 percent of the bank while European and other nations will own the remainder. Each Asian member will then be allotted a share of that 75 percent quota based on their economic size, two Japanese sources have said.

The AIIB will begin with authorized capital of $50 billion, eventually to be raised to $100 billion.

China is likely to hold a 25-30 percent stake, while India will be the second-biggest shareholder with a possible 10-15 percent, delegates at a meeting to finalise the new bank's articles of agreement told Reuters in May.

Germany plans to take a 4.1 percent stake to become the fourth-biggest member after China, India and Russia, according to a finance ministry draft document seen by Reuters earlier this month.

Australia said last Wednesday it would contribute $719.36 million over five years to become the institution's sixth largest shareholder.

China says it will not hold veto power within the AIIB, unlike the World Bank where the United States holds a limited veto.

The AIIB is the brain child of influential Chinese think-tank China Center for International Economic Exchanges, or CCIEE, which is helmed by former vice premiers and ambassadors, among others. The think-tank had proposed the creation of the bank in 2013 as an institution that balances China's political and economic priorities, CCIEE officials said.

"The AIIB has made a lot of progress so far in its preparatory work, but this is only the first step in a long road ahead," Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei said in a commentary published on the website of the official People's Daily newspaper on Thursday.

"It will require a lot more effort to bring the AIIB up to the standards of global financial institutions."

Apart from backing the AIIB, China has also pledged billions of dollars to the Silk Road fund and the "One Belt, One Road" initiative, which are also aimed at funding infrastructure to increase trade and connectivity between Europe and Asia.