©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

tired on cycle

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Robin Hood said:
1. Preacher Curls 4 6 – 10
2. Dumbell Extentions 4 6 - 10
3. Dumbbell curls 4 6 – 10
4. Dips 4 till failure
5. Hammer curls 4 6 - 10
5. Press downs 5 8 - 10

Your bicep routine is fine but i personally would go less reps with more weight pyramiding(SP) upwards. As far as the tricep routine if your gonna go for bulk then i would change it around a bit. Here's what i've been doing. But i'm on cycle keep in mind.

1st Skull Crushers 1 warm up + 3 working sets maxing out to 6 reps(using the easy curl bar starting with 35lb plates.

2nd Close hand Bench (real close my thumbs touch) i don't use a warm up since my tri's are already warm. again 3 working sets maxing out to 6 reps(using the standard bench bar with 45lb plates)

3rd Overhead press 3 working sets maxing out to 6 reps (i do these because overhead presses give more stress to your tricep)

4th Dips 3 working sets (now on these i'm already burnt out i just use it to finish off my triceps with a good burn and pump so i'll just go till i can't lift myself)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
you must have changed it because i didn't catch it the first time...but let's see shall we. i do pretty much the same routine with the exemption of only a few minor excercises. The biggest difference would be the amount of sets again i do 3 compared to your 4 and the amount of reps where as i peak at 6 reps where you go close to 10. If you want to bulk bro drop your reps and pick up the weight vice versa for the cutting cycle. Also keep your rest time between sets to a minimum. I used to have a laxidasical attitude in the gym where i would rest like 5 min or so between sets i would still be warm but..now, i do about 1 to 1 1/2 min. I really go all out now.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
oracle said:
The biggest difference would be the amount of sets again i do 3 compared to your 4 and the amount of reps where as i peak at 6 reps where you go close to 10. If you want to bulk bro drop your reps and pick up the weight vice versa for the cutting cycle. Also keep your rest time between sets to a minimum. I used to have a laxidasical attitude in the gym where i would rest like 5 min or so between sets i would still be warm but..now, i do about 1 to 1 1/2 min. I really go all out now.

This is good advice. I usually lift in the 4-8 rep range for my main working sets. But I often use a lighter finishing set of maybe 10-12 reps for a few exercises, but generally Im with Oracle. Low Reps + HEAVY ASS WEIGHT are better for growth.

I like your routine robin...but I think your over-training your chest. 12 sets is plenty, 16 is too many. Ditch the declines...thats my opinion. Do you ever hear anyone talking about how declines are killer for chest mass? Nope. Its cuz they suck. If it were me, I would go with 4 sets bench, 4 sets incline DB press, and 4 sets flat flyes. Declines are not necessary for your chest bro.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
heavy said:
Ditch the declines...thats my opinion. Do you ever hear anyone talking about how declines are killer for chest mass? Nope. Its cuz they suck. If it were me, I would go with 4 sets bench, 4 sets incline DB press, and 4 sets flat flyes. Declines are not necessary for your chest bro.

I agree on the declines as well....they don't really do anything for your chest. I stopped doing those years ago.

W

wolfyEVH

oracle said:
I agree on the declines as well....they don't really do anything for your chest. I stopped doing those years ago.

they'd be good to incorporate once in awhile. They do hit the chest at a different angle, but you can do w/o them like everyone says. stick w/ flat and incline, as well as some flys. Some chest days, start off w/ the flys first, so you can pre-exhaust your chest a bit before you really start to pound them.

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
wolfyEVH said:
they'd be good to incorporate once in awhile. They do hit the chest at a different angle, but you can do w/o them like everyone says. stick w/ flat and incline, as well as some flys. Some chest days, start off w/ the flys first, so you can pre-exhaust your chest a bit before you really start to pound them.

This is a nice concept..I might try that in a month or so.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
a bodybuilder here told me when i do flyes to incorporate a press at the end of it. That is really killer on the pecs.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Thx Oracle and to all the othe guys....from now on.......pyrimidding without f'n killing me...lol...If only u guys know how f'n heavy it is to increase weight, while at the same time trying to keep up with 10 reps....lololol

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
oracle said:
a bodybuilder here told me when i do flyes to incorporate a press at the end of it. That is really killer on the pecs.

Bro...I used to do this on my last set of flyes...I would rep out till failure, kind of like a 2 exerceise drop set. It is really awesome.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
heavy said:
Bro...I used to do this on my last set of flyes...I would rep out till failure, kind of like a 2 exerceise drop set. It is really awesome.

It feels real good afterwards when your chest is super pumped...but during it...i was kicking myself in the ass for asking him.

W

wolfyEVH

Robin Hood said:
Thx Oracle and to all the othe guys....from now on.......pyrimidding without f'n killing me...lol...If only u guys know how f'n heavy it is to increase weight, while at the same time trying to keep up with 10 reps....lololol

if you're training for size...you're doing way too many reps.....ideally you'll want to do 4-6 or 6-8 (I do 4 to 6 personally). Hypertrophy occurs in the fast twitch muscle fibers...these are stimulated mainly from this rep range (heavy weight, low reps).....remember, heavy weight, low reps, and sufficient rest is needed to grow. Not to mention a thing called food.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
wolfyEVH said:
Not to mention a thing called food.

I think i already said this earlier but i honestly believe that today using the weight gainer my muscles feel fuller than they have been for the last 3 weeks. I just wasn't giving myself the nutrition to make things go right.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
wolfyEVH said:
Not to mention a thing called food.

I think i already said this earlier but i honestly believe that today using the weight gainer my muscles feel fuller than they have been for the last 3 weeks. I just wasn't giving myself the nutrition to make things go right. Oh and by the way Robin hood your welcome bro!

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Robin Hood said:
Maby this is why i get so many injuries....

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
oracle said:
I think i already said this earlier but i honestly believe that today using the weight gainer my muscles feel fuller than they have been for the last 3 weeks.

I'll tell you why this is....cuz it has 400g carbs in it. You had a massive carb up...this is what competitors do before a show. But in a few days you migh look pretty flat. Its a double edged sword.

W

wolfyEVH

heavy said:
I'll tell you why this is....cuz it has 400g carbs in it. You had a massive carb up...this is what competitors do before a show. But in a few days you migh look pretty flat. Its a double edged sword.

it'll give you some good pumps in the gym though!

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Man i don't care what it gives me....because compared to the last 3 weeks today is awesome....it's like my first cycle all over again. And like Arnold said i work for that pump...theirs nothing like it.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
heavy said:
This is good advice. I usually lift in the 4-8 rep range for my main working sets. But I often use a lighter finishing set of maybe 10-12 reps for a few exercises, but generally Im with Oracle. Low Reps + HEAVY ASS WEIGHT are better for growth.

I like your routine robin...but I think your over-training your chest. 12 sets is plenty, 16 is too many. Ditch the declines...thats my opinion. Do you ever hear anyone talking about how declines are killer for chest mass? Nope. Its cuz they suck. If it were me, I would go with 4 sets bench, 4 sets incline DB press, and 4 sets flat flyes. Declines are not necessary for your chest bro.
This is right on Robin. My suggestion would be this. On bench press you want to do at least 2 or 3 warm up sets with a much lighter weight. On your first work set do a weight you can get 10 reps with. On the second, do a set you can get 8 reps with and on the third, a weight you can get 6 reps with. For your last set, drop the weight and do a weight you can get 10 to 12 reps with. Now you are already warmed up so when you go to inclines just do 3 sets. First set with a weight you can get 10 reps with. Then 8 and 6 on your consecutive sets. For your last exercise I would do either flat fly's, peck deck or cable fly's. Pick a weight you can do 10 to 12 reps with and do 3 sets at that weight. You don't have to go up in weight on the last exercise. If you aren't fried after that, your intensity is lacking, you don't need more sets or more exercises.