©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

tired on cycle

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
I noticed that for the last 3 weeks that after a workout i'm extremely tired. I'm talking to a point of being lethargic and knocked out in a dead sleep for about 2 - 3 hrs having to force myself to wake up. It's really bad when i work chest. Is that normal?

Also i noticed that on my last cycle i was able to work out without being tired during the workout. For some reason on this one i have to push harder or i'll get absent minded and start slacking. It feels like for the first part of my workout my body gets spent quick.

It's the end of my 3rd week today and i'm sure the test is gonna kick in sometime next week noticably. Maybe i'm just expecting too much for right now.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
What are you doing this cycle and how much?
I notice that I get very lethargic when I'm taking higher amounts. When I cycle back down to only 200mg a week, I see an instant energy pick up.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
i'm just doing 30mgs dbol ed and 500 mg of test enanthate on monday and thursday. hah so that could be it. the test from mon and thursday isn't as far apart as thursday to monday so the level is a little higher. Nah that can't be it because i'm always tired after EVERY workout....Damn DR now who's stupid :iwstupid:

P

pincrusher

part of your problem could be in your preworkout nutritional intake and also your post workout intake.
1 hour preworkout i eat my normal meal which is approximately 50grms protein & 50grms carbs and trace fat. start drinking water about 1/2 hour prior to workout to get plenty hydrated. post workout i take in 2 cups of grape juice with 5 grams of glutamine & 5 grams of creatine then a 50gram protein shake and have my next meal 1 hour post workout.
i also have a bottle of gatorade and a bottle of water with me during my workout and alternate taking sips from each. you could also just take one bottle with a 50/50 mix of gatorade and water but i like the full flavor of the gatorade thus i have the water bottle seperate.
do you ever get cramps in your muscles post workout or anytime during the day? if you do then this is saying that your body is not hydrated enough.

on a possitive note, you must be pushing pretty hard to get tired. i would rather you have this problem than to not ever get tired ;)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
TexasCreed said:
good call dr., lol

See i ask for help and this is what i get......Thanks tex lol :thefinger

But to answer your respose pincrusher....i do drink alot of fluids during so i don't get cramps or anything. I tried that shake you told me and do it about 30 min before working out and also after. Maybe it is because i'm pushing myself harder in this cycle. I wait about 1 1/2 min between sets and try to push it as much as i can especially on the bigger muscle groups. maybe that's why when i work bi's or tri's i'm burnt. And when i go home i'm tired.

Last edited:

Aratesticle

Nov 7, 2004
sounds like you might be overtraining. I've never been tired after a workout. physically yes, but not sleepy. ....i'm usually amped up................could it be liver problems?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Aratesticle said:
sounds like you might be overtraining. I've never been tired after a workout. physically yes, but not sleepy. ....i'm usually amped up................could it be liver problems?

i changed my routine to once a week per body part. I think it's because i go balls out now compared to before. less breaks and stuff. I used to wait a few min between each set now it's real quick.

Aratesticle

Nov 7, 2004
yeah i did that too and noticed i was a lot more tired afterward. sore as hell the next day too.

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
DragonRider said:
We just want you to feel loved and appreciated.

fricken mods...i love you guys man...everyone group hug...except for tex and his 24 hr hard on :wink2:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I did this yesterday in under an hour......Am i overtraining or is it ok

1. Preacher Curls 4 6 – 10
2. Dumbell Extentions 4 6 - 10
3. Dumbbell curls 4 6 – 10
4. Dips 4 till failure
5. Hammer curls 4 6 - 10
5. Press downs 5 8 - 10

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
Robin Hood said:
4. Dips 4 till failure
5. Hammer curls 4 6 - 10
5. Press downs 5 8 - 10

Your only doing 3 excercises per body part. Which is fine your definitly not overtraining in that area. But normally what i do is only 3 sets per excercise. i notice you do 4. It's hard to tell since your reps are high, and normally when you do high reps it's not for bulking. Are you going for mass or more for definition? I normally don't go to 10 on a movement since i work with heavy enough weight to do 6 as a last rep.

Again just going by what you did as far as triceps it looks more like a cutting routine. I say that because the excercises that you are doing arent' really mass building. IE: Close hand bench, skull crushers, overhead movements...etc. Those are what i would do for bulk because dumbell extentions are normally to help define the tricep.

Last edited:

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
Well, the workout i'm doing is a bulking AND cutting cycle all in one....You will notice that after each set, i add more lbs to the weights and try getting 10 out of that as well....till obviously, i only get 6 reps on the heaviest weights....Donno if this is good or bad, but i would welcome a good workout routine for bulking at 5days a week...:)

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
hmmm.....maybe that's why your weight isn't were you want it to be. Your trying to bulk at the same exact time cut. You can really do one or the other but not both. If your gonna cut then alot of your intake drops preventing the bulking half. What i'm doing is bulking up but at the end of my cycle incorporate some winny that way it will help to make my muscles harder and denser and allowing me to keep more of what i gained.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
this is my workout
Day 1. Chest,Calves,Abs Sets: Reps:

1. Bench press 4 6 - 10
2. Incline bench press 4 6 - 10
3. Decline bench press 4 6 - 10
4. Flat fly's 4 6 - 10
5. Crunches 4 15 - 20

Day 2. Legs

1. Swing Squat 4 4 - 10
2. Leg press 4 6 - 10
3. Leg raises (laying) 4 6 - 10
4. Leg extensions 4 6 - 10

Day 3. Back & Calves

1. Pull downs 4 6 - 10
2. T-Bar 4 8 - 10
3. Long pulley rowing 4 8 - 10
4. Dead Lift 4 8 - 10
5. Standing calves 4 15 - 20

Day 4. Shoulders & Abs

1. Upright Row 4 6 - 10
2. Military press 4 8 - 10
3. Shoulder Shrugs 4 10 - 20
4. Bend over laterals Raises 4 8 - 10
5. Crunches 4 15 - 20

Day 5. Biceps, Triceps

4. Dips 4 till failure
5. Hammer curls 4 6 - 10
5. Press downs 5 8 - 10

You havn't maby got me a good bulking routine??...i mean...can i stay with this workout, but just drop my reps each time i add more weights??

Last edited: