©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

NFL Deflategate Findings

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Of course I see Patriot fans everywhere bitching and moaning...Of course there is no "absolute" evidence but enough "incriminating" evidence to know exactly what we all knew the entire time! Shit, this alone shows that Brady and the guys had this going on the entire time:

The report includes text messages between McNally and Jastremski -- sent in October and January -- that imply Brady was requesting deflated footballs. The texts also imply that Brady had previously been upset with the quality of the game balls.

They described requests from McNally for swag from Brady in exchange for deflating the balls.

"Remember to put a couple sweet pig skins ready for tom to sign," one said.

"Nice throw in some kicks and make it real special," another said.

For his trouble, McNally asked for expensive shoes and signed footballs, jerseys and cash. He brokered the deals over a series of salty text messages with Jastremski that portray Brady as a hard-to-please taskmaster. "F--- Tom," one read.

In investigating Brady, Wells said he was hindered by the quarterback's refusal to provide his own emails, texts or phone records.

But using Jastremski's phone records, Wells detected an increase in the frequency of phone calls and texts between Brady and the equipment assistant shortly after suspicions of tampering went public. After not communicating via phone or text for six months, they spoke six times on the phone over the course of three days.

Personally I think Brady should be catching a suspension for this...Whether you like him or not, think he's a great quarterback or not, his attitude has always been shit when it comes to thinking he is untouchable...Should be taken down a couple of notches!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Well, I am a Pats fan...was born and raised in New England, even have a minute man tattoo. However, I think Tom should get suspended and or fined. And it will be a small blemish on his career.

However, in discussing the subject I believe people hate Brady so much they think Tom was the only QB doing this...he was just the one caught. And secondly they act like it would have been better if he was caught beating hisnwife. I mean 181 pages on this crap.., really?

Punish him and move on.
Hawk

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
As another Pats fan I agree he deserves to be suspended
I really don't think there was a set psi he had the guys deflate too.
I think he'd pick up a ball and say, let a little out.
Then another and so on, till they were to his liking
Probably had no idea that they were actually going beyond the min.
That's why the numbers were different from one ball to another

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
It's just a stupid thing to do when you're one of the most successful QB's in the history of the game. I'm pretty picky about my selections, and not a big Brady fan, but imo he "is" the best pure drop back pocket passer in the history of the game.

No need to try and scam the other team or opponent when you can beat them anyway.

Like everything else, I just don't get it.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I'm sure most every QB adjusts the ball to their liking
Rodgers admitted he likes his set over the limit.

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Fucking Cheaters, serves them right, should have been longer after spy gate
It's like taking steriods and entering a natural bodybuilding show :D
I am bias though since i hate Tom Fag Brady and the Patriots, unless he was my teams quaterback then I would like him :action-smiley-055:

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
When I first heard about the suspension and draft picks and fine I thought it was ridiculous. It didn't make any sense to me until I heard Bill Polian explain it this morning on SportsCenter. Now, I agree with it 100%. This might be the first situation they actually got it right since Spygate.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Fucking Cheaters, serves them right, should have been longer after spy gate
It's like taking steriods and entering a natural bodybuilding show :D
I am bias though since i hate Tom Fag Brady and the Patriots, unless he was my teams quaterback then I would like him :action-smiley-055:

I think this represents the average NFL (non Pats fan).

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
When I first heard about the suspension and draft picks and fine I thought it was ridiculous. It didn't make any sense to me until I heard Bill Polian explain it this morning on SportsCenter. Now, I agree with it 100%. This might be the first situation they actually got it right since Spygate.

Well, if you watched Around the Horn, all of the guests thought the penaltys was to extreme. I agree with them, two game suspension for beating your wife, but draft picks, 1 mill and 4 games for a ball??? And what about the colts who were fined nearly 4 mill last year as the finger pointers. The penaltys does not fit the crime.

Hawk

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
They'll either shorten his suspension to 1 or 2 games if not remove all of it. The $ will stand because they know that's petty cash in the Patriots front office.

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Everyone comparing the Ray Rice hitting his girl to Brady cheating is just fishing...Yes both affect the "integrity" of the game so to speak but one is an off the field incident and the other is an actual on the job issue (btw, they did make up for that Rice screw up by suspending Peterson for the rest of season for his incident)! If I hit my girl/kid and get arrested that does not overly affect my job but if I steal from work (which is ultimately what cheating is - stealing) then I would be fired.

There is not one person on this planet Pats fan or not that can honestly say that Brady was not paying these guys off to tamper with those footballs! From the messages this had been going on for well over a year at least so it wasn't an isolated incident that eventually had no baring on the outcome of the game (as with the Colts game).

Now he has a strong lawyer in his corner but I was reading an article yesterday where an arbitration lawyer was talking about if Brady takes this all the way, he doesn't realize but he WILL have to turn over those messages between him and those guys...IF those messages are what Wells thought they were he could possibly end up with a 10 game suspension out of this because of his refusal to admit and accept the 4 game suspension. I saw where a spokesperson for the NFL (as they state - close to the situation) said that the front office will not back down and be weak on this one because Brady is not accepting it and is willing to take it all the way.

So we will see where it ends up but me personally I think Brady should just deal with it because it is obvious that he was cheating...Come back in week 4 and handle business as usual! The 4 games don't matter anyways because the Pats are in the weakest division in the AFC and there is no way they won't win out, even with an 8 game head start for the rest of that division.

Marshall

Oct 31, 2012
Good point, K1. We'll see if he pushes the issue.

Kind of like when Canseco named names and everyone denied, but no one sued him for slander.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Brady is obviously going to appeal, but won't sue in court. He knows he did it, and the evidence was on his phone. That's why he didn't comply with the investigation and turn over his phone. If he goes to court, his phone will be subpoenaed, and he knows he'll be exposed. The appeal is just a token effort to back up his weak sauce denial of any wrongdoing.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
So something I haven't rambled on about but was mentioned in the Pats response today
3 of 4 Colts balls were under the minimum
Why has Luck not been suspended and the Colts penalized draft picks?

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
I really think that the Pats are going to come out of this looking worse then they would of had they just let it die...They think adding on Kessler because of his track record of scaring the league into backing down is going to work (and it still may even though their spokesperson says that they will not?) but if the league doesn't back down and Brady has to turn over those messages I am pretty sure we all know what is going to happen...And it's not going to look good at all for Brady!

Bottom line, he better hope he doesn't end up having to turn those messages over because if they turn out bad then the league is going to hammer Brady hard because of the media frenzy the Pats have made out of this, disrespecting the league with their new conspiracy website focused at bashing Wells and Goodell!

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
And just to touch on the cooperation side of things...This is the Patriots reasoning on the subject:

The NFL says: Brady obstructed the investigation by refusing to turn over his cellphone records. The team refused to make McNally available for a follow-up interview. Failure to cooperate in a league investigation is considered conduct detrimental to the league, and it opens the team and player up to severe penalties.

The team says: The league already had access to Brady's texts and calls with McNally and Jastremski through their phones. Also, if Wells' investigators failed to ask all the questions the first time, it's their fault.

Pretty thin...That's exactly like Hilary Clinton saying that the govt had access to her emails through the other people in her office that she emailed which is why she didn't bother turning them over...Bullshit:rolleyes:

Looks like Goodell is going to be hearing the appeal as of this morning.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
this proves exactly why the patriots deserve the WIN....they wanted it bad, bad enough to cheat....that's the American way, doing whatever it takes...beg borrow steal...that's America baby, they only lesson to be learned is don't get caught.......if the Seahawks wanted it more they would have found a way to cheat better than the patriots, they didn't, womp womp womp, now everyone's a sore loser

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
this proves exactly why the patriots deserve the WIN....they wanted it bad, bad enough to cheat....that's the American way, doing whatever it takes...beg borrow steal...that's America baby, they only lesson to be learned is don't get caught.......if the Seahawks wanted it more they would have found a way to cheat better than the patriots, they didn't, womp womp womp, now everyone's a sore loser

If Seattle wanted it more they would have called a different play:D