©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Need bigger legs

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I'll throw two sample leg workouts I might do. One would be DAY 1 of the week and the other 3-4 days after the first

Day 1 - Legs
Seated leg curl – Do a few warm-up sets here then 4 sets of 10. All the sets are to failure with good form. 4 sets of 10

Barbell Back squats –Work your way up doing sets of 8. Just keep going until you can barely get 8 and do 4 sets. So 4 sets of 8

Leg press (this is a John Meadows special) – Do 1-2 warm-up sets. Then do an ascending set. This is what it might look like:
2 plates per side for 6 reps
3 plates per side for 6 reps
4 plates per side for 6 reps
5 plates per side for 6 reps
6 plates per side for 6 reps
7 plates per side for 6 reps
8 plates per side for 6 reps
WITHOUT RACKING THE WEIGHT, have a partner add a plate and then walk to other side and add a plate. If you train on your own that is ok. You will actually be able to do more sets as you get a slightly longer rest break slapping on plates yourself and reduce the tension. You keep going until you barely can get 6. Once the weight is added you start set. There is no additional rest.
Now once you are done rest for 3-4 minutes and we do a descending set. Here is what it might look like.

5 plates per side for 6 reps (SLOW REPS)
4 plates per side for 6 reps (SLOW REPS)
3 plates per side for 20 reps (SLOW REPS)
2 plates per side (FIRE)

Total Work Sets – 2

Giant Set
Low Cable Pull-Throughs or But Blaster Machine – sets of 8 here (if unilateral, 8 reps per leg)

Smith split squats (or lunges) – Do one leg at a time. Get 8 reps on each leg.

Lying Leg Curls – 3 sets of 10. Get your chest up off the pad and hold the contraction for a 1 count.

Rest for 60 seconds then go again.

Work Sets – 9 (3 supersets)

Super Set

BB or DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts – Get a deep stretch and if using a BB, use 25lbs plates to stretch deeper or stand on a box. Contract your hammies and glutes on the way up and get a little bend in your knees. You should feel it pulling all through your posterior chain. Do 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 15

Leg Extensions - You’ll do partials after each set here. You’ll do 4 work sets, Set 1 – 12 reps, drop the weight 10 lbs, then do a static hold at the top of the rep for as long as you can then do 10 partials at the bottom. Set 2, same thing but do 15 partials. Set 3, same thing but do 20 partials. Set 4, do 12 reps, then 10 partials at the bottom, drop the weight 10 lbs, do as many reps as you can then 10 partials, drop the weight 10 lbs and do as many reps as you can and 10 partials… and keep going until you can’t get another rep.

Work sets- 8 (4 supersets)

Can add in Hacks here - sometimes I do

Toe press – Work up to a weight that is a tough 10, andjust do 5 sets of 10 with it. Let the weight stretch your calves for 10 seconds after the last rep on all sets. The last set also do partials to failure before doing the stretch. The last set should be extremely painful. 5 sets of 10

Then a few days later:

Lying leg curl – Do 3-4 warm up sets of 12. Work sets of 12, 10, 8 and on the last set 5 eccentrics and then an isohold for 20 seconds.

Leg press – 3 work sets and on the last set do a massive drop set.

Smith lunge – 10 reps on each leg nice and slow and stretch deep into bottom of movement. 4 sets.

Super Set
BB Stiff Legged Deads – 4 sets with a good stretch at the bottom. Don’t worry about weight, get a hard contraction. 8-12 reps
Sissy squat – 4 sets to failure.

Super Set
Adductors – 4 sets of 10, 15, 20, 25. Hold the contraction hard
Abductors - 4 sets of 10, 15, 20, 25. Hold the contraction hard

Super Set
Seated Leg Curls – 5 sets of 20
Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 20

Super Set
Seated calf raises – 10 reps with a good flex at top and after last rep a good 10 second stretch.
Standing calve raise – 10 reps and then finish with a 10 second stretch.
4 sets of each

Recent pic is attached, and I have cancer...

Attachments

• Legs Flex.jpg
    Legs Flex.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
I'll throw two sample leg workouts I might do. One would be DAY 1 of the week and the other 3-4 days after the first

Day 1 - Legs
Seated leg curl – Do a few warm-up sets here then 4 sets of 10. All the sets are to failure with good form. 4 sets of 10

Barbell Back squats –Work your way up doing sets of 8. Just keep going until you can barely get 8 and do 4 sets. So 4 sets of 8

Leg press (this is a John Meadows special) – Do 1-2 warm-up sets. Then do an ascending set. This is what it might look like:
2 plates per side for 6 reps
3 plates per side for 6 reps
4 plates per side for 6 reps
5 plates per side for 6 reps
WITHOUT RACKING THE WEIGHT, have a partner add a plate and then walk to other side and add a plate. If you train on your own that is ok. You will actually be able to do more sets as you get a slightly longer rest break slapping on plates yourself and reduce the tension. You keep going until you barely can get 6. Once the weight is added you start set. There is no additional rest.
Now once you are done rest for 3-4 minutes and we do a descending set. Here is what it might look like.

5 plates per side for 6 reps (SLOW REPS)
4 plates per side for 6 reps (SLOW REPS)
3 plates per side for 20 reps (SLOW REPS)
2 plates per side (FIRE)

Total Work Sets – 2

Giant Set
Low Cable Pull-Throughs or But Blaster Machine – sets of 8 here (if unilateral, 8 reps per leg)

Smith split squats (or lunges) – Do one leg at a time. Get 8 reps on each leg.

Lying Leg Curls – 3 sets of 10. Get your chest up off the pad and hold the contraction for a 1 count.

Rest for 60 seconds then go again.

Work Sets – 9 (3 supersets)

Super Set

BB or DB Stiff Legged Deadlifts – Get a deep stretch and if using a BB, use 25lbs plates to stretch deeper or stand on a box. Contract your hammies and glutes on the way up and get a little bend in your knees. You should feel it pulling all through your posterior chain. Do 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 15

Leg Extensions - You’ll do partials after each set here. You’ll do 4 work sets, Set 1 – 12 reps, drop the weight 10 lbs, then do a static hold at the top of the rep for as long as you can then do 10 partials at the bottom. Set 2, same thing but do 15 partials. Set 3, same thing but do 20 partials. Set 4, do 12 reps, then 10 partials at the bottom, drop the weight 10 lbs, do as many reps as you can then 10 partials, drop the weight 10 lbs and do as many reps as you can and 10 partials… and keep going until you can’t get another rep.

Work sets- 8 (4 supersets)

Can add in Hacks here - sometimes I do

Toe press – Work up to a weight that is a tough 10, andjust do 5 sets of 10 with it. Let the weight stretch your calves for 10 seconds after the last rep on all sets. The last set also do partials to failure before doing the stretch. The last set should be extremely painful. 5 sets of 10

Then a few days later:

Lying leg curl – Do 3-4 warm up sets of 12. Work sets of 12, 10, 8 and on the last set 5 eccentrics and then an isohold for 20 seconds.

Leg press – 3 work sets and on the last set do a massive drop set.

Smith lunge – 10 reps on each leg nice and slow and stretch deep into bottom of movement. 4 sets.

Super Set
BB Stiff Legged Deads – 4 sets with a good stretch at the bottom. Don’t worry about weight, get a hard contraction. 8-12 reps
Sissy squat – 4 sets to failure.

Super Set
Adductors – 4 sets of 10, 15, 20, 25. Hold the contraction hard
Abductors - 4 sets of 10, 15, 20, 25. Hold the contraction hard

Super Set
Seated Leg Curls – 5 sets of 20
Leg Extensions - 5 sets of 20

Super Set
Seated calf raises – 10 reps with a good flex at top and after last rep a good 10 second stretch.
Standing calve raise – 10 reps and then finish with a 10 second stretch.
4 sets of each

Recent pic is attached, and I have cancer...
Hope all is well ATOM

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
I like Atom ant
I used to legs ever 3 or 4 days I like doing legs when they are still tight from the last work out.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Congrats to you and wish you all the best for your marital life.

Concerning OP, if you need to grow your legs make sure you stop using shoes first :)

Thank you sir :)

I like Atom ant
I used to legs ever 3 or 4 days I like doing legs when they are still tight from the last work out.

But those secondary leg workout are generally either more hammie emphasis or a pump workout.

The first workout for legs that week might incorporate intensity techniques like negatives, bands, compound supersets, hundreds, drop sets, ascending sets... But the second workout would be higher rep abs not incorporate the intensity techniques or maybe just on one exercise.

You really have to adjust frequency based on your own recovery, current nutrition and physiological response to training.