©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Male pattern baldness

Brucegtp

Oct 5, 2005
Worcester MA
Its not yet very noticeable, but I see it receeding, so Im gonna start a preventative method for sure. So what I did was, I set up an appointment last month, and saw the dermatologist today. It cost $75 bucks to walk in, he looked at my hair for 3 seconds, and said "so do you want some propecia."

I asked if that was necessary since its not real noticeable. He said, "it wont hurt to take it even if you lose no more hair; but it will alway help keep hair on your head, especially now that you have it."

Damn, Im pretty sure he said you have to take it forever once you start.

Im gonna look up stuff like Nizoral now.

Last edited:

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Brucegtp said:
I asked if that was necessary since its not real noticeable. He said, "it wont hurt to take it even if you lose no more hair; but it will alway help keep hair on your head, especially now that you have it."

Damn, Im pretty sure he said you have to take it forever once you start.

Im gonna look up stuff like Nizoral now.
Forever is going to be true of any hair restoration program you start whether it is finasteride (propecia) or minoxidil.
However, in your case I don't see why you couldn't take propecia for the 8 weeks of your cycle and 4 weeks after and have no problems.
When you are taking propecia, you can't donate blood.

Cannons

Big Gunz
Sep 3, 2005
Wherever I'm needed baby!
Does the finasteride (propecia) actually grow back hair you've lost? I've noticed that I am starting to thin now up top and in back. I am also concerned with the side effects (lack of libido, impotence, gyno). What were the doses you all used?

I've also been looking into dutasteride.......?