©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Just Scheduled Prostate Surgery

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Having Prostiva RF Therapy done on the ole prosser on Aug 27.

It's completely needed at this point. I have to get up 6 plus times a night and that in a 5-6 hour period. During waking hours, even while dehydrated which has become my status quo state, I'm pissing 2 times an hour minimum.

This shit blows:sniper:

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Having Prostiva RF Therapy done on the ole prosser on Aug 27.

It's completely needed at this point. I have to get up 6 plus times a night and that in a 5-6 hour period. During waking hours, even while dehydrated which has become my status quo state, I'm pissing 2 times an hour minimum.

This shit blows:sniper:

I'm not real familiar with the exact procedure. I do however have a friend who had it done and says it was one of the best decisions hes ever made. Like yourself he was getting up numerous times to urinate.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
I'm not real familiar with the exact procedure. I do however have a friend who had it done and says it was one of the best decisions hes ever made. Like yourself he was getting up numerous times to urinate.
Very glad to hear this! I really need it to work. If I can't regain my sleep, I'm surely gonna reap serious consequences as a result.

My urologist speaks very highly of it. He's a great doc and extremely well trained. He's been treating me for years...fingers crossed this helps me start sleeping again.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Good luck with that 101. Never had that surgery done but I did have a couple UTIs after my bladder/ kidney surgeries and that made me pee every hour all night. Not getting sleep SUX and it will be absolutely be worth the surgery if you can get uninterrupted, quality sleep. Keep us posted brother.

BrianS

Jul 28, 2015
If you are in well hand you will be fine. Lets hope you will be even fitter and happier after the surgery is successfully completed.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Is that the surgery where they go up the urethra and trim it from the inside to open things up?

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Is that the surgery where they go up the urethra and trim it from the inside to open things up?

Prostiva RF therapy.

The basics of it are the use of heated needles to shrink the prostate.

How does Prostiva RF Therapy work?

Prostiva RF Therapy works by heating the enlarged, inner part of the prostate to very high temperatures, which results in shrinkage of the prostate and opening of the urinary channel. The Prostiva RF Therapy device is computer-controlled and uses radiofrequency energy to heat the prostate. The energy is delivered to the prostate by two needles that are deployed from the Prostiva RF Therapy device, a telescope which is inserted through the urethra into the prostate. The lining of the urethra is protected so that men have minimal bleeding or other side effects after the procedure. Most men start to notice improvement in their symptoms within 1-2 weeks after the Prostiva RF Therapy treatment and by 6 weeks 80% of men notice substantial improvement.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland

Prostiva RF therapy.

Prostiva RF Therapy works by heating the enlarged, inner part of the prostate to very high temperatures, which results in shrinkage of the prostate and opening of the urinary channel. The Prostiva RF Therapy device is computer-controlled and uses radiofrequency energy to heat the prostate. The energy is delivered to the prostate by two needles that are deployed from the Prostiva RF Therapy device, a telescope which is inserted through the urethra into the prostate. The lining of the urethra is protected so that men have minimal bleeding or other side effects after the procedure. Most men start to notice improvement in their symptoms within 1-2 weeks after the Prostiva RF Therapy treatment and by 6 weeks 80% of men notice substantial improvement.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Prostiva RF therapy.

Thank you for sharing that. I learned something very valuable today.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
If so, how are you doing?

If so, how are you doing?

Had procedure two days ago. Had to have a Foley catheter for a day. Didn't sleep the entire time it was in. It was fucking aweful.

Procedure went fine as well as I can tell so far, which isn't much since it's so early. Can't puss worth a damn still, in fact it is much worse, which is to be expected until the swelling subsides. So, I'm not sleeping worth a damn.

When I take a piss it usually takes between 30-60 mins to complete. It just drips outs one drop at a time. That also is aweful. So, in addition to not sleeping, I didn't eat for about 24 hours after the procedure either and only ate once today.

I may resume going to the gym tomorrow. I stopped by mk677 cycle but may resume again. I just can't handle being any more under slept at this point. When I wake up to piss, it is the worst because I know I can't go back to bed usually.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Just give some time brother. Did they say how long for things to heal and you are back to normal? I'm sure things are irritated after that procedure.

101st Ranger

Aug 29, 2013
Maryland
Just give some time brother. Did they say how long for things to heal and you are back to normal? I'm sure things are irritated after that procedure.

things are irritated after that procedure.[/QUOTE]
2-8 weeks until noticeable improvement, with a smaller chance of it being even longer.

Thanks bro!