©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

How many years of training did you have before your first cycle?

Thor

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 6, 2012
Well....

I was alot like raJ, but I partied very hard from age 14 til almost 28, had a terrible childhood and was miserable, slowed way down but picked up the weights then. I was a skinny druggie, rocker type and although I slowed way down on the partying I was still drinking and so didnt get serious about lifting til early 90s, lifted 3 years consistently and seriously and ate a lot more food and gave up ALL the bad habits, I gained 40lbs in 4 years before I hit a wall and went seeking the juice.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Wow, I'm kind of the odd one here. First hit the weights at 17 for a year, made some good gains (didn't know what AAS were). Stopped for about a year and a half, then at 19 started training religiously.

I tried a few things, in extremely small doses here and there when it was available, which was not very often. I didn't start supplementing regularly until my mid 30's.

It was frustrating back then, but I feel it made me get the most out of my training and knowledge of nutrition (what works for my body). I definitely, without any second thought know that I maximized my natural gains and hormones before supplementing regularly. Now that I'm older I feel very good about that and glad that it worked out that way. I think I'm a lot bigger and stronger than the effort I put into it (which is minimal) and the supps that I take (that are conservative in mg's).

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I had in a good 5 years of over training and really good nutrition.
I was about 21-22 I should mention I had been doing a REALLY heavy labor job in the family biz from age 13 on. That job gave me really good functional strength and very thick back. 1 cc test cyp week ended up about 240.
Man HOLY STRENGTH crash upon cycles end and no pct . Took about 2 months to bounce back and surpass old strength levels. T

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I started training hard at about 16 but obviously the knowledge wasn't there. My first cycle was when I was 23 (nearly 24) so 7 years for me.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
For those looking back and saying, "I was too young.." What was the impetus to sway you in the direction to run your first cycle? How do you think your physique would be now had you laid off until later when you had more years and experience training and building a solid base for nutrition and best practices?

I'm not sure I can give an accurate answer other than, up until I was 17 years old in high school, I was always one of the strongest guys for my size (and musculature as well...for the age), and I even thought that with enough hard work and time, i'd be a Pro BB'r...lol! Well, i'm not sure how things were at everybody elses high schools, but at mine, AAS use was a dime a dozen. I was busting my rear doing everything I thought was right at the time...eating, training, sleeping, etc.....and once I seen other guys who were a quarter (if even that) as dedicated as I was and come out much larger and stronger hald-assing everything.....AAS sounded much more enticing.

I don't promote use at that age nowadays, but it is what it is. I was very similar to rAJJIN, that after I seen what they could do to others, they grew on me quite quickly and piqued my interest. To date, i've not had any sides outside of gyno, which I had surgery for in 2007, zits at an early age, and maybe some insomnia. I used to get blood work a few times per year while in college since it was always free, or a small co-pay at the student health center.

oldguyiron

Feb 9, 2013
I started body building at age 46 and waited 5 years before my first cycle. Even at my advanced age, I believe it was worth waiting.

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Trained on and off for 18 years (starting at age 30) natural. Had some personal issues, stopped training. Started training again 2009. One half-hearted cycle (my first) at that time (at the age of 49).

Got back into the game for real June 2012 at the age of 52, and have done two solid cycles since. Got my third one for this summer planned already :)

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
10 yrs because where I grew up only gear was online bull balls or some shit like that..similar to today's deer horn BS.. I dabble not guzzle still because im past my Mr O years .I kinda design as needed.

E-Volve

Feb 9, 2013
had around 8 years in before I cycled back in my mid 20's.
Stopped for 13 years and just recently got back to gear.

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
8 years before I used gear. and 6 years of competing natural. then played with winny, then some test, and then went full retard ever since.

tommyguns2

Apr 3, 2013
Trained for about 25 years as a natural, and competed in three NPC contests at LHW as a natty. Then at 40 I got bloodwork that showed low test, and began TRT. Stopped doing the prescriptions and have self administered for the past 6 years. Now I blast and cruise...

Presently, I'm 5'10", about 220-225, and <10% BF.

BEASTZ6

Jan 31, 2013
I started training at age 36. About 8 years later I messed around with Ando when it first came out. I was mid-40's when I did my first gear cycle. I am now 61, and going strong.

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
I started training hard at about 16 but obviously the knowledge wasn't there. My first cycle was when I was 23 (nearly 24) so 7 years for me.

Already posted in this but I found this pic on my comp ages ago so thought I would post. I am 6ft 2 so naturally I was ripped all the time but very skinny. Mad when you look back at hol pics etc. I found another photo and at that time I thought I ws getting bigger... looking back I was still a skinny kid :eek: Same as Raj really I partied alot but I carried on till about 24... major drug intake... mainly e tabs, coke, ketamin, mdma powder, speed... not good.

This pic I was about 20 and nowhere near how lean as I got when I was about 22 (gear started at 23-24). Thinking back I used to have about 4 chinese meals a week back then, 10 pieces of bread with loads of milk before bed... to be young again!

bidjp.jpg

Haha I must have put some oil on... probably was my sisters. I remember getting my bro to take this pic in my old bedroom :D

Last edited:

Cerberus777

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 1, 2012
Started lifting and martial arts at 13, started to party at the same time. Did a lot of rec drugs so the idea of gear didn't bother me.. Did my firs cycle at 19. Did of and on cycle till 27. Was put on hrt at 33 started to blast cruises low dosage and lots of research, prohormone,while married(she didn't approve of illegal use) now blast moderate dosages.