©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

gyno long time after last cycle

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
It's been about a year and a half since my last steroid cycle, but about 6 months ago I got gyno, which was very unexpected. It is not very pronounced, and not visible at all when looking, but it's definitely there when you poke the nipple. It got bigger fast then stopped, and I think it may actually have shrunk ever so slighty (VERY slightly).

I was quite surprised to say the least, but unfortunately I had no access to any meds to try and treat it until now, and I'm wondering the best plan of attack.

As I understand it, nolvadex or letro are the two compounds that could help. My questions are:

-what are the effective dosages?
-what is the timescale involved?
-is the fact that it has been untreated for so long an issue?
-if you were in my position, would you treat the gyno before starting a new cycle, or do you believe you could treat the gyno and go on cycle at the same time?

Any help is appreciated. And I realise that a lot of the responses here will be to get bloodwork, and while I appreciate that that is sound advice, unfortunately it is not an option.

Thanks.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Can you explain why blood work isn't an option? It's cheap as hell, you don't need your doctor to order it, and anyone can get it done online. Just curious.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Can you explain why blood work isn't an option? It's cheap as hell, you don't need your doctor to order it, and anyone can get it done online. Just curious.

Yeah that. If you'd like I'm sure someone can find a link or provide u a link to where they get there's done at.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Estrogen levels are likely still high and can cause a "flare up". I speak from personal experience and info is from doc.
get metro 1.25 mg ed. In a week you will see dramatic change.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
clean up your diet...phyto estrogens and xeno estrogens are all over the place such as soy and canned green beans etc...your body should be able to find homeostasis on its own....and stop fingering your nipples...stimulation makes the gyno worse....you may have to wait till you get out of puberty tho since it sounds like you are a teenager or something cause thats the only type of person i can imagine not being able to get their own bloodwork...haha j/k...but not really

ParanoidFitness

Private MD - Buy Lab Tests Online

If bloodwork is not an option due to finances my response is:
Don't pin the gear if you cant afford the labs.

Order the "Female Hormone Panel."
It's $62.99 and you can usually find a $10.00 off code online.

They also have specific estrogen and estradiol tests among many others.

You input your zip code first to make sure they have a participating lab in your area. Then you order your test, schedule your appointment at the lab, go to your appointment and then wait for an email with your test results.
Easy and cheap. Well worth the money.

I don't have any interest in that website or any participating labs.
I use their services myself, extensively.
Accurate, reliable and inexpensive.

Last edited:

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
the bloodwork thing is because I am in the UK. It's not possible to get them done online here as far as I know.

Believe me, I would if I could. If there are any posters here from the UK who know of an online UK site I'll be more than happy to do so, but so far I have only ever seen them in the states.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Age,,? Need more info. Diet, what u cycled, doseage, length of time and what pct protocol did u follow.
I
Ill ask my cousin in uk what your options are ..stay tuned.

ParanoidFitness

So the NHS won't do hormone testing?
I think I used Genova Diagnostics when I was in the UK but they're expensive.

You can get a home kit:

Amazon.com: Saliva Hormone Test - Female (5 Hormone Test Kit): Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ao6DyIALL.@@AMEPARAM@@31ao6DyIALL

Last edited:

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Age,,? Need more info. Diet, what u cycled, doseage, length of time and what pct protocol did u follow.
I
Ill ask my cousin in uk what your options are ..stay tuned.

28, cycled way back at the end of 2012 and it was test and NPP, 600mg and 500mg respectively. Got a little lazy with my ancillaries (before you punish me for this, believe me that I was punished enough) and prolactin killed my libido for about 6 months post cycle (sure it was prolactin due to leaky nips. Gross!). PCT was the usual clomid/nolva affair but I stayed on caber for a couple of months after to try and get my libido back.

I feel the gyno may be prolactin related. Could there have been a prolactin rebound after all this time?

What about my chances of fixing, has it been too long now? It seems like it changes size/shape almost daily which gives me hope there's enough fluctuation in its character that it could still be dealt with (as opposed to just dealing with a solid, unchanging lump).

Part of me thinks it would be worth it just to go nuclear and attack it with caber, letro, nolva and adex all at once. Just carpet bomb the bastard into submission!

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
So the NHS won't do hormone testing?
I think I used Genova Diagnostics when I was in the UK but they're expensive.

You can get a home kit:

Amazon.com: Saliva Hormone Test - Female (5 Hormone Test Kit): Health & Personal Care

the NHS is a nightmare for hormone testing. If you really beg they'll test your testosterone, but it'll take months. Then if something's up they may test your E, but you'd never get things like prolactin unless you've been referred to an endo but that could literally take years.

I'll check out a home kit though, thanks very much for that.

ParanoidFitness

I'd try Aromasin myself. If you're having prolactin issues the Caber will probably help and the other meds you listed probably won't.
If it's prolactin and e2, which it could possibly be then a multi med cocktail may help.

The problem is that you really don't know because you haven't had labs.

My best advice to you at this point is to go and see a physician. An endocrinologist if possible. They would order testing. If you're a UK citizen (do they still call you subjects?) I would think the NHS should take care of it.
Not sure though. When I'm in the UK I have to pay OOP for medical then my insurance co reimburses me for anything "medically necessary."

I wish you all the luck, my friend.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
ya the theory is to blast the gyno with letro which totally destroys your estrogen so you will feel like absolute dog crap but the gyno will probably shrink significantly (they say it never goes away completely, once the gland forms, it forms).....then you take nolva for a long time to block the shruken area from growing back after the estrogen rebound and hopeful return to baseline........kind of a antiquated theory..i remember reading a c.bino protocol like that back in 2007 off another board...

If you wanted to be a dummy and self medicate with no sound basis to go off of......I would take 12.5mg of aromasin every day for 2 weeks, and then take 20mg of nolvadex for 4 weeks and then maybe 25mg of proviron for 2 weeks...just to get back in the right mind set and see how you feel after that

Last edited:

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
yeah I fully expect to feel like shit from the letro but it is what it is I suppose.

It's not like it's even particularly noticeable. You can't see it at all, only feel it, and it doesn't really hurt. It's just not something I want to get worse, so I feel I should do my best to try and get rid of it.

I'll report back as to how I get on. Thanks for all the replies.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
geeze....okay man...I think most people will agree letro is too strong tho

you see I thought that it specifically had to be Letro. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather use something else but everywhere I had checked always recommended Letro for gyno reversal. I thought there was something magical (well, obviously not "magical" but you know what I mean) about Letro that meant it was the go-to chemical for gyno reversal.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
:yeahthat: You need bloodwork done brother. You have no idea what the issue is. It's like when people get sick and they will just start taking antibiotics without seeing a doctor. You need to know exactly what's wrong so you can take the right meds to correct it.

robertscott

Dec 17, 2012
Seriously guys, I would LOVE to get bloodwork but it's just not possible. I'm just going to go with the AI/Caber combo and hope for the best. Is it the best option? Absolutely not but it's the only one I have at this stage.

Thank you very much for all the help though.