©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Freakin Jury Duty

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I have to show up for jury duty next Monday which blows since I am self employed and starting a new remodel project this week. I have crew that is new and wont have a clue without me there.

I thought of skipping, but its a fine of up to $500 and a warrant. WTF, if it was the winter when I wasn't busy I wouldn't care, but this sux right in the middle of my busy season.

Hawk

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Talk to the court and claim hardship cause your the only one that can run the job your on now...i would bet they let you out of it. If all else fails whatever case they try to put you on lean really hard with your opinions towards either side during the selection process and they will dismiss you from the jury pool almost guaranteed ;-)

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Hawk did the jury summons come certified so u had to sign it?
Mine never do so toss it thru papershredder dont reply because you never received it.. ive never heard of a fine and ive never gone because its not worth the 6$ gas money and free bus ticket or just say u know plaintiff..
.lmao..u will get a quick sorry ure dismissed..

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
man I wish i could get picked for jury duty! Mention you have tourets syndrome.... T Good luck

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Talk to the court and claim hardship cause your the only one that can run the job your on now...i would bet they let you out of it. If all else fails whatever case they try to put you on lean really hard with your opinions towards either side during the selection process and they will dismiss you from the jury pool almost guaranteed ;-)

Hey Hawk, I don't know what state you're contracting out of, but they've cracked down on excuses for jury duty where I live. I was GC/Owner and I always used to send in a letter saying that I was self employed and it was a financial hardship. I always got out of it. Two years ago I forgot to send a letter on time, so I went in and I was a part of the group that was being considered. I told them I was self employed and a sole proprietor but they still wouldn't excuse me. I have back and neck problems as well...They still didn't care...Anyway, the difference for me was that work was non existent for me at the time...I did get picked for the jury and was asked to be jury foreman. In the end, it was an interesting experience. Hopefully your case is quick.

Steel206

Aug 5, 2013
I toss mine in the fire as its not certified so no proof i even received it.. tourettes works too lmao..

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
man I wish i could get picked for jury duty! Mention you have tourets syndrome.... T Good luck

Fuck...shit...dick LOL

The letter did not come certified, but the put a warrant out for you. So, I just dont want to get pulled over and have to go to court over something so stupid. My city has the harshest penatly in the state.

I like the I know the plantiff idea though.

Hawk

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Idk about y'all but last time i went to jury duty i told them i hate cops, i love doing drugs, and I was a felon. Needless to say i have not received another jury summons since and that was four years ago. But it is true unless it comes certified you can just act stupid and say you never received it.
P

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Yeah, I have been through that. Claim self-employed hardship. If its any consolation, even though you have been called in, you may not get chosen and can walk out on the first call. Or even say a winter summons would work? ''Good luck. They did pay me something like $10 a day for serving, lol

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Hawk are u in prison..? Order the baloney white bread sandwich and bulk up bro. . I cant see any state sending a costly certifed jury summons.?

I have no problem with saying I did not get it, but that does not stop them from issuing a warrant. Meaning if I get stopped I go straight to jail, gotta get bailed out and and then go stand before a judge again.

That's is why I hesitate skipping :(

Hawk

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Idk about y'all but last time i went to jury duty i told them i hate cops, i love doing drugs, and I was a felon. Needless to say i have not received another jury summons since and that was four years ago.
P

I like that LOL

Yeah, I have been through that. Claim self-employed hardship. If its any consolation, even though you have been called in, you may not get chosen and can walk out on the first call. Or even say a winter summons would work? ''Good luck. They did pay me something like $10 a day for serving, lol

Yeah they pay $14 a day and it costs $7 to park in the garage. Stupid, make lazy welfare people do it.

Hawk

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
So your state u reside has a no show warrant law..seems like somthing absurb cause what if you have moved and no forward address then what?. Im just the rebel type and would love that to.happen.. id.stuff the cop in his trunk for stupidity..

darksidefitness

Dec 7, 2012
Just tell them that the guy/female looks guilty as hell...should get death penalty, save the money for a naked party and look up, lost and to the distance and just start agreeing with your self...then add...THAT'S WHAT THE LITTLE VOICE IS TELLING ME...

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
That sucks. Just show up at the date and time and suffer through it. You don't want the judge sending the sheriff's department out looking for you. If you have any family members who are law enforcement, if you tell them that is usually enough to get you out of it completely. At least here where I live....

MayGodBlessyou

Mar 21, 2013
Philly
2 things that DO WORK.....(I may or may not have used them)
I too am self employed , so feel your pain.... These Def work!

1. Show up bombed/hungover, or have quick shot right before walking in, tell them you've been drinking ..... Send you home
2. Send paper back and/or call... Tell them you're on Probation...better the fairly tale helps..... If you ARE on Probation, can't use you
3. Medical emergency

Hope this helps some fellas in future

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I was planning to go and make up some BS, but the night before my tile guy said he could start so I said screw it and went to work.

We will see????
Hawk