©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Flat, ripped abs... Help

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Yes I'm extremely serious about it... I want to see where I can take it and what I can do with it. The martial arts for the most part is just learning new things, going over skills, and other such things... then near the end we can go live/spar if we want to...

To be honest, I appreciate your opinion and encouragement, but if I do anything less than that, I'll feel like I'm not doing enough. I'd rather leave it like this and then if I need to take a break for a part of the day or even a whole day i will be able to afford it without losing much.

But thanks for taking a look and letting me know... and helping me out with everything... Thanks broseph

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
Just remember Ryder the Diet is the #1 key here in what your wanting.
Goodluck and remember its Just mind over matter....Tell yourself its a test of character

Elvia1023

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Oct 28, 2007
Ryder13 said:
Yes I'm extremely serious about it... I want to see where I can take it and what I can do with it. The martial arts for the most part is just learning new things, going over skills, and other such things... then near the end we can go live/spar if we want to...

To be honest, I appreciate your opinion and encouragement, but if I do anything less than that, I'll feel like I'm not doing enough. I'd rather leave it like this and then if I need to take a break for a part of the day or even a whole day i will be able to afford it without losing much.

But thanks for taking a look and letting me know... and helping me out with everything... Thanks broseph

No your routine is spot on. I just originally thought you was sparring/fighting/intense cardio during all/most your martial arts sessions. Plus you have been doing it for a while now so know you can do taht much. Like Raj just said it is mainly about diet. I just didn't want you overtraining and wearing yourself out. Just give it up but reduce the weights. If you follow that routine you wrote and are strict with diet and effort you will do great. Let us know in a few weeks how you are getting on.

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I just checked out your pics Ryder.... Your in pretty good shape already.
Nothing like this Big belly Im sporting right now :)

Stick to the clean diet and youll blow them guys in your goal pics away.
your not far from that now. Like elvia said though all the set-ups and crunches in the world will not bring them out if theres to much Bf%
The Lower the Bodyfat gets the more the muscles will start to seperate and shrinkwrap.

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Thanks guys... That gives me even more motivation to know that I made a routine that some would say looks hard and worth it. Also, that you say I'm nearly there and I can blow those goal pics out of the water. It's 11:50pm, and after already doing my workouts for the day, what you said gives me that much motivation to go at it right now...

I'll definitely post some pics in a few weeks to show any progress... I appreciate you all being behind me, as well as myself being behind me too. I think I'll be happy with everything in the end, and I'll hopefully be able to wash some clothes on my new washboard :p

Thanks again all, and you'll definitely be hearing from me soon!

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Ryder13 said:
So maybe some of you (or at least someone) can help me out here...

5'10"
202lbs.
Don't know body fat exactly... I'd say around 15%

I guess I have a decent build, but I just can't get my abs to look the way I'd like them too. You can barely see them when I just stand up, but when I flex you can see them a little better. When I'm sitting, leaning over I get a build up of belly fat near by belly button. Also, I don't know if it's my posture or if i'm bloated or something, but when I relax my stomach is like distends outward a bit.

My goal is to get rid of almost all of that and not have any rolls when i sit down. To have abs whether i'm flexing or not. I've tried different cardio workouts, from running, to brisk walking on an incline. I also do Jiu-Jitsu in the evenings so that's added to the cardio I mentioned. I started using those waist slimmers (it's an elastic band you wear around your mid section to make you sweat more during workouts).

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but i'm about 9 weeks out from having two hernias repaired around my belly button. But I've had that roll there before hand so I don't think it was that...

Anyone have any advice or share something similar? Any input would be great... Thank you

at 15% bodyfat your not going to see your abs very well.
You must train them hard with variety of exercise BUT also have BF% very low to see them

Ryder13

Jun 21, 2007
Nearly three intense weeks into the workout I posted and the diet (which I've been extremely precise with, and I think that shows).... I definitely think those goal pics are do-able. Give it another 5 or 6 weeks and hopefully you won't be able to tell the difference between me and those goal pics...

As of now, anyone have any criticism?

Attachments

• Updated #1.jpg
    Updated #1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Updated #2.jpg
    Updated #2.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 8