©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

First pin today...freaked myself out!!

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Yes that's the only way to do it otherwise you'd be drawing it out for a good ten minutes

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I've always used 23's to pin and 20's to draw.
Got some slins from a friend and it was horrendous.

First it took forever to draw the oil out
2nd using the same pin to inject with after going through two stoppers didn't pierce the skin easily. I like one to draw with and one to inject with.

When i use the little guys, i dont use slin pins. Just a normal 3 or 1 cc syringe so i can draw with any gauge i want...then switch to a 30g 1/2" needle. They are usually a little bit more $ than other gauges, but not that bad. Great for shooting short thin esters, cant hardly even feel it

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
So the real small needles, say 27 and up. Are they slip type or lock?

The bd ones i use act as both i believe. Let me get back to you on that, i always just use luer lock syringes...i know they all fit those for sure..

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
The bd ones i use act as both i believe. Let me get back to you on that, i always just use luer lock syringes...i know they all fit those for sure..

I've only used the lock type and have a ton of the syringes. So if someone can point me to a slin pin lock style, that'd be awesome.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
I use slin pins. I draw and inject with the same needle. It takes a little bit to draw, but not that bad really. Even after going through the stopper to draw they slide right into my leg easily. Even if I draw from two vials.

I really don't see where is all that bad.

I have tried using one needle to draw and one to inject. It may be a LITTLE better, but not that big of a deal to me.

I get comfy on the couch, take my time drawing. What's the hurry? Stick the tiny little pin and push the plunger.

Not a big deal.

:yeahthat:... I do the same thing, except I usually pin shoulders these days.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Yea delts has become difficult. Used to be one of my faves.

Try kneeling down in front of bathroom sink, with arm u wanna inject resting in front of you on it. Easier to reach, and also relaxes your delt for easy pinning. Much easier than standing looking in the mirror for sure, for me anyhow

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well enough screwing around I finally got the nerve to start my cycle...had to monitor my breathing so I wouldn't pass out with the needle stuck in my leg!! I am surprised I didn't even feel anything and it went in like a hot knife through butter. I do have one newbie question...how much of an ampule are you suppose to get in a one ml syringe? Thx for the help and support!

Ampule of what? Testovis has 2ml .. Do you mean how much do you get in a one ml ampule?