©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

FEEDER WORKOUTS Build Bigger Muscles - Rich Piana

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
FEEDER WORKOUTS Build Bigger Muscles - Rich Piana - YouTube
What do you guys think about feeder workouts? has anybody tried them?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
There is logic to it... He is not talking about fatiguing the muscle, he is simply talking about getting blood into the muscle. Getting blood into the muscle after a strenuous workout helps oxygenate the muscle and provides nutrients and hormones to help facilitate the rebuilding and growth process.

Of course something like this has to be used in conjunction with an entire workout protocol and nutrition has to be adequate to address energy needs

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Is that a piercing under his lip? Lol. Please say no.. I think he likes renaming certain types of things which in turn keeps him in the spotlight as new and hip.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Is that a piercing under his lip? Lol. Please say no.. I think he likes renaming certain types of things which in turn keeps him in the spotlight as new and hip.

But feeder workouts are FAR from new lol As you said, he is just bringing them back in the spotlight.... Hey, it's not like it is bad advice... and someone could benefit from it

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
A great or likely the best way to do feeder work outs is with a sled. That way you have zero eccentric contraction.

If I only had the time.

Hawk

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
A great or likely the best way to do feeder work outs is with a sled. That way you have zero eccentric contraction.

If I only had the time.

Hawk

What kinda sled? Guess I'm not picking up what ur putting down.

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
There is logic to it... He is not talking about fatiguing the muscle, he is simply talking about getting blood into the muscle. Getting blood into the muscle after a strenuous workout helps oxygenate the muscle and provides nutrients and hormones to help facilitate the rebuilding and growth process.

Of course something like this has to be used in conjunction with an entire workout protocol and nutrition has to be adequate to address energy needs

So if I wanna bring up a muscle could be a good idea to do a feeder set or two before going to bed?
What's best doing the feeder set everynight or just when you train that muscle you want to bring up?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
So if I wanna bring up a muscle could be a good idea to do a feeder set or two before going to bed?
What's best doing the feeder set everynight or just when you train that muscle you want to bring up?

No, the day or two after you train. As Hawk noted, you want mainly concentric action. Minimize the eccentric. Very light explosive work.

Like hawk said a sled would work for legs, so would jump squats or light explosive box squats.

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
No, the day or two after you train. As Hawk noted, you want mainly concentric action. Minimize the eccentric. Very light explosive work.

Like hawk said a sled would work for legs, so would jump squats or light explosive box squats.

Cool thanks bro. do you think they might lead to over train a muscle if done every night as rich piana said? If you go just for the pump and don't go to failure it can't be bad.. right?

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Cool thanks bro. do you think they might lead to over train a muscle if done every night as rich piana said? If you go just for the pump and don't go to failure it can't be bad.. right?

Chances are no... But the issue is getting to the point where you are creating muscular damage. If using feeder workouts to bring up lagging parts, my suggestion is just 1 or two feeder workouts and 1 or two main workouts. With a lagging part, I might hit it twice per week. Once with volume and once with a HIT stimulus and following each workout the next day with a feeder workout

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Chances are no... But the issue is getting to the point where you are creating muscular damage. If using feeder workouts to bring up lagging parts, my suggestion is just 1 or two feeder workouts and 1 or two main workouts. With a lagging part, I might hit it twice per week. Once with volume and once with a HIT stimulus and following each workout the next day with a feeder workout

Awesome! Will be trying this out. Thanks Atom you rock as always!!

Last edited:

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
No prob... but can I ask what you want to bring up? Just curious because then we can talk about what you'd do as a feeder

Yeah.. biceps
but i`d be interested to know even for shoulders, triceps and back cause even if they ain`t lagging, they`re never big enough :)

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yeah.. biceps
but i`d be interested to know even for shoulders, triceps and back cause even if they ain`t lagging, they`re never big enough :)

In this case you simply need to grow, not focus on lagging bodyparts. Your thinking you have lagging parts is just overall lack of size. I would begin by re-vamping your training... hitting each body part more frequently, use a variety of techniques if needed and train progressively.... It's one thing to have an advanced level of development and clearly see something lagging, behind other well developed bodyparts, but if you just need size, you just size and then the actual lagging parts will present themselves.

Post up pics so we can see if they are truly lagging...

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
In this case you simply need to grow, not focus on lagging bodyparts. Your thinking you have lagging parts is just overall lack of size. I would begin by re-vamping your training... hitting each body part more frequently, use a variety of techniques if needed and train progressively.... It's one thing to have an advanced level of development and clearly see something lagging, behind other well developed bodyparts, but if you just need size, you just size and then the actual lagging parts will present themselves.

Post up pics so we can see if they are truly lagging...

here you go

Attachments

• rsz_1received_m_mid_1379976084170_83bf544a0a44502a58_0.jpg
    rsz_1received_m_mid_1379976084170_83bf544a0a44502a58_0.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 51
  • rsz_120140503_184203.jpg
    rsz_120140503_184203.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Although just my opinion, it is just an overall size issue... Think about it, if you start "bringing up your bis" without adding size overall your bis are going to overpower your back on pulling exercises and your back will become underdeveloped and you'll be stuck in a vicious cycle of always trying to bring something up when you should have just focused on adding more overall size from the start.

It isn't a knock on you at all, so don't take it that way, please... but if you focused on simply growth, growth growth with heavy progressive overload you'll add the mass you need and get the look you are after.

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
Although just my opinion, it is just an overall size issue... Think about it, if you start "bringing up your bis" without adding size overall your bis are going to overpower your back on pulling exercises and your back will become underdeveloped and you'll be stuck in a vicious cycle of always trying to bring something up when you should have just focused on adding more overall size from the start.

It isn't a knock on you at all, so don't take it that way, please... but if you focused on simply growth, growth growth with heavy progressive overload you'll add the mass you need and get the look you are after.

okay i`ve resized them. i`ll take your advice and try to grow as much as i can without putting on much fat. thank you sir

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
okay i`ve resized them. i`ll take your advice and try to grow as much as i can without putting on much fat. thank you sir

If you focus your nutrition around training on rebuilding, growth and recovery and eat less in other meals with reduced carbs in those other meals, you will be tipping the scales in your favor of building muscle, not fat.

This will also allow you to train each muscle more frequently and continue to recover.

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
If you focus your nutrition around training on rebuilding, growth and recovery and eat less in other meals with reduced carbs in those other meals, you will be tipping the scales in your favor of building muscle, not fat.

This will also allow you to train each muscle more frequently and continue to recover.

yep i`ve started doing this snce a few days and i can already notice some fat loss. in the other 2 meals i`m having around 10 grams of carbs and a no carb meal before bed. the other meal when i have carbs is breakfast around 30 grams. thanks