©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

extremely important all must read!!!!!

P

pincrusher

warning, it appears getpinz.com has been hacked. the worse part of this is that the hackers apear to have gotten into the database and recovered credit card info and other things. if you have used getpinz for anything please take the time to check ALL your accounts on-line such as paypal, ebay email addresses etc.
delete all cookies on your computer before you inspect any of these sites. it has been reported that there have been some cases of peoples account passwords being changed, credit cards have gotten charges on them etc.
for your own safety immediately check with your credit card company especially the one you may have used to order from getpinz and make sure there are no unknown charges on the card...
this is of the most important that you respond asap if you were a customer of that site.

squater

Banned
Jan 25, 2006
That was a very big discussion over at Pro.M....Your absolutely right about that too...I guess these hackers got a hold of this guys credit card number and a few others and are racking up frequent flier miles pretty quick...You know I always didn't trust giving my info on the net...Now you hear this it makes you wonder what other site can they get into next..who know's...I'm thinking E-Bay would be a pretty good score..
They'll get caught they always do....

P

pincrusher

it has been copnfirmed by someone at getpinz that their server was indeed hacked and valuable customer data may have been taken. it is imperitive that if you have ever ordered from them that you take precautions and check your credit card and any other accounts you may have.

powermad

Dec 4, 2005
Shit, that sucks. I just ordered from them a couple of weeks ago. With a debit/visa card, no less. Hope I don't get defrauded by these assholes who hacked GPZ. I'm going to keep a very close eye on my bank account, is there anything else that's recommended? Can I find more info on this anywhere?

Thank you very much for the heads up, Pin. I would'nt have ever imagined this shit would happen.

P

pincrusher

there are some rumors that a competitor may be behind it but i find that hard to believe. it is certainly possible though so who knows?
as for other info, it is being posted on almost every message board so any new info should make its rounds fairly quickly. from what i gather federal authorities have been brought in to try and find the hackers. it should not pose a problem for customers since everything they sold was legal and the feds will be to busy going after the hackers since they commited major breakings of the law by using the credit card info to apparently make purchases.

P

pincrusher

remember its not just your credit cards that may be at risk, your email addy's, paypal accounts, ebay accounts, anything that you do on-line could pssibly be comprimised by these assholes who hacked getpinz server. it wouldnt take much info they would be able to gather from the customer database to be able to do some real damage like what has already been reported as happening. :mad:

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
pincrusher said:
there are some rumors that a competitor may be behind it but i find that hard to believe. it is certainly possible though so who knows?
as for other info, it is being posted on almost every message board so any new info should make its rounds fairly quickly. from what i gather federal authorities have been brought in to try and find the hackers. it should not pose a problem for customers since everything they sold was legal and the feds will be to busy going after the hackers since they commited major breakings of the law by using the credit card info to apparently make purchases.

Dont put it past the feds to make a list of of their customers though to follow an AAS trail. From my dealings with the government, I can just about guarantee that they will at the very least keep a record of all the GPZ customers to see if they tie them into anything bigger in the future, or to compare the names to the files they already have on people.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Thanks for the heads up. Like Powermad I just used them and used a cc as well.

##$!%!$%^!$^@#&@%$&@&#*$($^&(%^()

Nitrateman

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Wonder if GetPinz will make the news. Seems all the other ID hacks are on the news.

Doubt it will though.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Paranoia factor going up with my BP

Just checked my ANASCI.org mail, which I don't do often enough. First odd coincidence:

16th Jan email from Gearboxinc in which they state that they are "in NO WAY" affiliated with Getpinz.

???????????????????????????????

2nd oddity:
2 separate emails from yesterday, Tue. 24th Jan..one at 07:58:46-0500 and the other one at 08:17:57-0500, both with the same message that reads as follows:

from [email protected]
The Fda has logged all use of this site (getpinz.com) Your ip address and all personal information is now on file with the fda and dea. Do not visit this site again for illegal purchases ar you will be investigated. Jail time or fine may be imposed.
SRT Ricky Gonzales

I have always felt safe on this board, and using ANASCI's encrypted email, but this person has my ANASCI email address and knows that I used getpinz (once...I repeat once)

Please comment

Nitrateman

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
Nitrateman said:
Just checked my ANASCI.org mail, which I don't do often enough. First odd coincidence:

16th Jan email from Gearboxinc in which they state that they are "in NO WAY" affiliated with Getpinz.

???????????????????????????????

2nd oddity:
2 separate emails from yesterday, Tue. 24th Jan..one at 07:58:46-0500 and the other one at 08:17:57-0500, both with the same message that reads as follows:

from [email protected]
The Fda has logged all use of this site (getpinz.com) Your ip address and all personal information is now on file with the fda and dea. Do not visit this site again for illegal purchases ar you will be investigated. Jail time or fine may be imposed.
SRT Ricky Gonzales

I have always felt safe on this board, and using ANASCI's encrypted email, but this person has my ANASCI email address and knows that I used getpinz (once...I repeat once)

Please comment

Nitrateman

What is illegal at getpinz.com anyways? If pins are illegal, it is a state thing, definately not fed or DEA.

Nitrateman

Sep 26, 2005
Wolfy, you think that the first part, the email from admin@gearbox is part of the hoax or just a peculiar coincidence?

Nitrateman

a-bomb83

fatboy
Apr 4, 2005
da ville
wolfyEVH said:
[email protected] me a break....its really dea.gov!!!

and its SRT Ricky Gonzales...i could have swore it was SGT!!!!

yup. you beat me to it. plus, i doubt the dea would give someone a warning like this. they'd hunt you down like prey, jmo.

people have got this email that have never ordered from gpz. i call bullshit to be honest with you.

P

pincrusher

guys, i think you are missing it here. that email is not from anyone trying to pretend they are the feds. it is from the hacker and it is being used to search out active email addy's. they will use this info to try and get into your computer through the email they sent ya. it could quite possibly have a keystroke logger program attached to automatically download onto your computer when you open up the email.
this email and any others you may get from getpinz in the near future should be instantly deleted without opening it up. wait till the all clear is sounded before dealing with them as a precaution.

P

pincrusher

a-bomb83 said:
how do you explain people getting this email without ever ordering?
my thinking is that they have managed to hack into another database on possibly a bodybuilding messageboard through a customer of the getpinz site?
they would have had to get your email addy from somewhere so it could have been in someones email address book in their personal email account and once one person is compromised the hacker probably has a program that will automatically try to send emails to all addresses in the address book on any email account it comprimises
there is currently a new virus going around that is doing something similar. it gets into one persons computer, gets into the email account and sends emails to everyone in the address book. this is common and how alot of viruses get spread.