©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Deadlifts are for Pussies! Yeah, I said it

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
I love deads.

I feel like they are the only lift that can truly prepare me for survival if a fat girl falls on me, and thus always pretend I am lifting fat girls, not plates.

Are you going to be there to get this cheeto eating sow off me? NO Im going to have to do this alone.

They are also the only lift that has ever made me faint.
In that instance the imaginary fat girl was just too big.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I love deads.

I feel like they are the only lift that can truly prepare me for survival if a fat girl falls on me, and thus always pretend I am lifting fat girls, not plates.

Are you going to be there to get this cheeto eating sow off me? NO Im going to have to do this alone.

They are also the only lift that has ever made me faint.
In that instance the imaginary fat girl was just too big.

Ha ha! That must be why I'm just no good at them. I set a lower weight limit of just chubby.

Hawk

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
That is funny chick! Hey there skinny Mark! would you rather unrack 700lbs and step out or see 700lbs on the the floor and pull? Guess why? LOl J/K
glad you are here bud... Thx , T.

skinnymark

Sep 17, 2014
That is funny chick! Hey there skinny Mark! would you rather unrack 700lbs and step out or see 700lbs on the the floor and pull? Guess why? LOl J/K

See thats where youre messed up T

Fat girls never attack from above

Gravity wont allow them to get over 6 feet from the earth

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I likes me some pretty fat girls ...Whats gonna happen when a fat girl fails to
do a back ward double face dismount? you'll need fear reduction of heavy squats to proceed....lol..T

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013

Yeah, no one wants 700lbs on their shoulders, whether it is raw iron or supple thighs. Bad stuff can happen LOL

Hawk

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
I much prefer rack pulls over deadlifts for back thickness. I always feel deads working too much hamstring and glute. Rack pulls eliminate that and I can really feel it entirely in my back.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I much prefer rack pulls over deadlifts for back thickness. I always feel deads working too much hamstring and glute. Rack pulls eliminate that and I can really feel it entirely in my back.

Your pic in the avatar looks strikingly like Kevin L's
Yes rack pulls can be great . For back thickness though bent barbell rows old school style and deadlifts are king. Rack pulls factor in heavily
also. T

GottaGain

Mar 12, 2015
Your pic in the avatar looks strikingly like Kevin L's
Yes rack pulls can be great . For back thickness though bent barbell rows old school style and deadlifts are king. Rack pulls factor in heavily
also. T

I hope you don't think that's me, wish it was. It's Dorian Yates.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Looked like levrone to me Should have recognized the upper mid slabs .
That must be one of the black sox pics from early -mid 90s

mechace1

Dec 2, 2014
I would argue that if youre training from bodybuilding, the deadlift is essentially a waste of time done in the classical sense. It makes much more sense to do heavy rows, rack pulls, or even straight legs for overall development

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I would argue that if youre training from bodybuilding, the deadlift is essentially a waste of time done in the classical sense. It makes much more sense to do heavy rows, rack pulls, or even straight legs for overall development

You wouldn't get an argument from me. With a traditional DL the lower back fatigues so quickly that assistance muscles do not receive the work they could from the exercises you mentioned. It also makes high reps with DLs pointless since hypertrophy requires such rep ranges.

Great point,
Hawk

Kconan

Mar 28, 2008
Of the compound movements, yea it has the easiest "oh shit" exit by far. And I also agree about the strain on the lower back being a limitation.

BUT I would rather see someone DLing with poor form than the curl in the squat rack guys or the lat pulls at 300MPH that use momentum rather than muscle. Ten years ago I rarely saw people doing deads, so it is a good thing to see another compound lift in the gym other than the bench.

squatster

AnaSCI VIP
Mar 27, 2014
The deads feel real f- d up to me on the hips- got up to 405 at 15 years old for the first time trying them, And never did them again

rAJJIN

Super Moderator
Mar 1, 2006
I think they are the best exercise there is for those two big slabs of muscle running up your back.
From the floor like a man.

In real life we often Pick up heavy things from the ground.
How often to you pick it up and start squatting out of the gym lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Deadlifts are basic and great thickeners . Improve many areas other than lumber lats erectors and lats.If you cant lock it put simple opener your hands .
squatting is inherently more dangerous. If you cant come out the hole in a heavy squat best have some first rate spotters cuz if one is snoozing or one over reacts
your fucked . Any of you ever roll 7-8-900 ovr your head because some faggot fuck of spotter was clueless? I have . Nothing like the sound of bones snapping rolling about 8 bills or so over your head in the ass to calves position.
I have and trust me would realy have been pulling the same out of wt and coudn't lock and had to set it down hard.
Here ya go kids [ame]https://youtu.be/ZEgjvqdrljM[/ame] I'll run this by ed see what he says. I'm pretty sure what his answer will be . His dead wasn't too shabby what 903? at 220 or 42... Deadlifts are awesome but squats are king......... T

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
If you guys were to replace DL's with something else, what would everyone replace it with? So far, the only alternative I see is rack pulls - which is like DLs only starting higher.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Power clean or clean and press.......just not strict curl like in the old days

killswitch604

Dec 3, 2013
I definitely see smaller guys pulling impressive numbers sumo style in the gym, but they can't bench or squat for shit. Unfortunately for me, the deadlift is my weakest movement, with my best being 405 at a bodyweight of 193, conventional style, when I could bench 355 and squat 455 at that same weight, but my hamstrings suck, though.