©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Chest, tris, and shoulders?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Does anybody do chest, triceps,and shoulders on the same day... labrada says this is good, never tried it usually do shoulders with biceps and then back and legs together. Just wondering if anyone has had success with this method.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Yep.... See all of my training sessions in Brick's what are you training today thread.

I also did this with DC training

Right now training 6 days per week;

Legs
Chest, shoulders & tris
Forearms, biceps, back width and back thickness
Then I repeat it with new exercises

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Thats how I do it also. I love a 2 way split. During a bulk I will switch tris with bis though. I have deffenitely seen more growth in my arms this way, but can start to cause tendon problems if you do it to long, which is why is I only do during bulking when recovery is better.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thats how I do it also. I love a 2 way split. During a bulk I will switch tris with bis though. I have deffenitely seen more growth in my arms this way, but can start to cause tendon problems if you do it to long, which is why is I only do during bulking when recovery is better.

Two was is awesome, but I prefer breaking it on a three-way.

When i was paying around with MD training, i had arms on their own day. Holy sweet baby jesus the pump was skin splitting lol

Oh, and Magnus, you are also included in club awesome :headbang:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I use chest shoulders and tris periodically. If I am coming off layoff I use that combo.
I also use it when focusing on strength. If I am trying to put on a bit more
size in the tris I seperate tris with bi's on a dedicated arm day.I never train chest and shoulders on different days. Chest work first allows lighter wts
on my shoulder moves and keeps me less prone to injury.
Maybe with age that will change . Maybe since I never pursue a big bench anymore i will give seperate chest shoulder days a shot.
I always try to keep an open mind on training issues.
Might be something good I missed along the way... Thx T

SoccerDad

Donating Member
Jan 21, 2013
Midwest
Yep.... See all of my training sessions in Brick's what are you training today thread.

Legs
Chest, shoulders & tris

This is very similar to what I do, but I put a cardio and extreme stretching day between the back day and the leg day.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
That's cuz we're awesome

You guys are solo awesome
zyhaze3e.jpg

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
Yes many times. My exercises for this day are currently as follows.
Bench
DB Bench
CG Bench
Dips
Military PRess
Lat. Raises.

Slate23

Aug 17, 2013
NorthWest
Yes many times. My exercises for this day are currently as follows.
Bench
DB Bench
CG Bench
Dips
Military PRess
Lat. Raises.

IMO I would throw in some kind of fly exercise to really blast your pecs. I love cable flyes with perfect technique and really flex those pecs while doing it.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013

Legs
Chest, shoulders & tris

What is your shoulder routine?

Jhezel

Oct 30, 2012
Does anybody do chest, triceps,and shoulders on the same day... labrada says this is good, never tried it usually do shoulders with biceps and then back and legs together. Just wondering if anyone has had success with this method.

Yes, this is a great combo, and yes I did get the idea from him himself Lee Labrada. Try it, pumps are amazing.

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
3-4 sets heavy military press or push press (3-5 reps)
3-4 sets db shoulder press (8-10 reps)
5 sets side lateral raises (10-15 reps)
some front raises

rear delts/traps worked on another day

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Never combined all three during the same session. Maybe I should give it a try?? Normally I work one body part at a time.

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
For getting a muscular chest you need to perform workouts like 180 degree dumbbell twists with bench press, Close grip weighted push up,Kettlebell Flye,Leaning dip forward.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
When I do a 3 day a week split (which is most weeks), I train them on the same day. If my work schedule allows I will opt for a 5 day split and train each separately to keep things from getting stale and to confuse the body.