©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

bodyfat %

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
No offense to your "coach" but if he/she set that up for you they aren't worth their salt... can their ass and work with someone that will truly work with you to meet your goals, not give you some cookie cutter plan...
Boom exactly

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Question...
The suggestions you guys have me, are they what you consume to maintain or is this just for me who has a long way to go?
Are your suggestions good to stick with once I do lean out, or should they then change?
Lastly, what is with the coconut oil? Never had it.

Pardon my ignorance, but as I stated before I only ever cared about size and strength.

Thanks for the help!

On a side note, my strength is increasing well even though I am losing weight. Aestetically I am much better than I have been in a while. I just wish my mid section would tighten up a little faster. That will make a huge difference.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Question...
The suggestions you guys have me, are they what you consume to maintain or is this just for me who has a long way to go?
Are your suggestions good to stick with once I do lean out, or should they then change?
Lastly, what is with the coconut oil? Never had it.

Pardon my ignorance, but as I stated before I only ever cared about size and strength.

Thanks for the help!

On a side note, my strength is increasing well even though I am losing weight. Aestetically I am much better than I have been in a while. I just wish my mid section would tighten up a little faster. That will make a huge difference.

1) The suggestion are to lose bodyfat (you goal, correct?). Once you reach your goal weight, begin adding in some calories in certain areas, starting around training, to reahc a maintenance level. once you stabilize, adjust from there to increase lean body mass.

2) See above

3) Coconut oil (unprocessed, unrefined virgin coconut oil) has a high medium chain triglyceride (MCT) percentage. MCTs are metabolized different than other fats in that they behave more like a carbohydrate than a fat. Unlike other fats, MCT oil does not go through the lymphatic system. Instead, it is transported directly to the liver where it is metabolized so it releases energy like a carbohydrate and creates lots of ketones (which can be used for fuel) in the process. So MCTs provide energy when on a low carbohydrate diet. It is also believed that MCTs have very little tendency to contribute to body fat stores. Thus it is a good way to provide fats in the diet which can be used to support activity or growth without contributing to stored body fat.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
This diet is much better.

Hell, I would drop the banana in meal 2 and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil...

I'd go with:

Meal 1 - 2 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, 1 cup veggies

Meal 2 - 6oz lean beef with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 cup of veggies

Meal 3 - 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 cup of veggies OR 3 cups leafy greans, 1 oz almonds OR 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (mix with balsamic and lemon juice for a dressing).

Meal 4 - 25g whey isolate / whey blend with 2 whole eggs (hard boiled)

Meal 5 - 6 oz lean fish (tilapia or cod) or boneless skinless chicken, 1 cup jasmine rice (training days only) OR on off days, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 cups green veggies

Meal 6 - 50g whey / casein blend or 30g casein mixed with 1 cup of egg whites in the blender. On training days add 1/2 cup of oats or 1 banana

That is how I would adjust the diet....

I am digging into this now, and have a couple questions....
Meal 5 - is ahi tuna, salmon, or canned tuna ok as well? Just for more variety. This keep will never be pre workout. Is the rice still fine if the workout was earlier in the day?
Meal 6 - so if it was a training day, I consume oats or banana before bed in addition to the shake?

I also get the feeling you guys are against protein bars. I like them for convenience. Should they only be used if the above are not feasible?

Thank you all very much for the help!

Last edited:

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I am digging into this now, and have a couple questions....
Meal 5 - is ahi tuna, salmon, or canned tuna ok as well? Just for more variety. This keep will never be pre workout. Is the rice still fine if the workout was earlier in the day?
Meal 6 - so if it was a training day, I consume oats or banana before bed in addition to the shake?

I also get the feeling you guys are against protein bars. I like them for convenience. Should they only be used if the above are not feasible?

Thank you all very much for the help!
I would stick with whole foods if possible. My meal 5 is always ground turkey or chicken breast...no matter if I'm carb cycling or not. I'm on a 6 meal a day plan though. The carb on meal 5 is sweet potato...just different amounts depending on what day of carb cycling it is. If I am not carb cycling, sweet potato is 1.25 cup.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
I would stick with whole foods if possible. My meal 5 is always ground turkey or chicken breast...no matter if I'm carb cycling or not. I'm on a 6 meal a day plan though. The carb on meal 5 is sweet potato...just different amounts depending on what day of carb cycling it is. If I am not carb cycling, sweet potato is 1.25 cup.

Thank you brotha