©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

bodyfat %

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
How much can one expect to decrease in a month's time. Is 1% reduction a month respectable? Can much more be achieved? I know the lower you are that every percentage point becomes more difficult. Any thoughts?

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Depends on where you're currently at. You hit it on the head, the higher you are, the quicker it comes off and the more difference you're going to see in a shorter period of time. What's your current %?

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
It was with a hand held device, so I don't know the accuracy. 2 months ago was 28.6 one month later 23.1 One month later (current) 22.2
Cardio increased dramatically this last month, so the results don't jive. Diet has been consistent. I have a pair of calipers I want to try.
Little history....
Never cared about diet in the past, just wanted wise and strength. Didn't do cardio either. These last two years my job has become sedintary. That and being almost 40 has taken its toll. I had gotten so disgusted with my self finally, I ended up hiring a PT. Best move I made (2 months) ago. The accountability gets me there and I am even turning into a cardio fiend. 1-2 hours on the elliptical 3 days a week. Some bike rides. I was happy with the progress until this last test which has disgruntled me because I expected more based off the first month's results. Measurements have all improved, down one pant size, but skin is loose and flabby.
My goal is to be 12% by September. I am on a test, eq cycle to help.
I'm thinking about Clen and t3 to help.

Thanks brothers

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Congrats on the fat loss! Keep adjusting you calories as your weight drops and stay clean. T3 and clean works well, but I would wait till you stall. With the new diet and cardiovascular, your going to drop fat like crazy. Include HIIT cardio as well. Carb cycling is great while cutting. Give intermittent fasting once a week a try as well. Great for increasing insulin sensitivity. Use the mirror as your guide, bf is just a number,.just keep progressing. Good luck brother and keep us posted.

It was with a hand held device, so I don't know the accuracy. 2 months ago was 28.6 one month later 23.1 One month later (current) 22.2
Cardio increased dramatically this last month, so the results don't jive. Diet has been consistent. I have a pair of calipers I want to try.
Little history....
Never cared about diet in the past, just wanted wise and strength. Didn't do cardio either. These last two years my job has become sedintary. That and being almost 40 has taken its toll. I had gotten so disgusted with my self finally, I ended up hiring a PT. Best move I made (2 months) ago. The accountability gets me there and I am even turning into a cardio fiend. 1-2 hours on the elliptical 3 days a week. Some bike rides. I was happy with the progress until this last test which has disgruntled me because I expected more based off the first month's results. Measurements have all improved, down one pant size, but skin is loose and flabby.
My goal is to be 12% by September. I am on a test, eq cycle to help.
I'm thinking about Clen and t3 to help.

Thanks brothers

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
My target for each of 6 meals is...
Calories 200
Carbs 20
Fat 10
Protein 20

I do not have a problem sticking to this, however I do fall off the wagon once in a while.

Thanks for the feedback

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
My target for each of 6 meals is...
Calories 200
Carbs 20
Fat 10
Protein 20

I do not have a problem sticking to this, however I do fall off the wagon once in a while.

Thanks for the feedback

I am no expert, but I would think you would need to double those numbers at each meal, approximately. What is your height and weight. 1200 cals a day is far to low, imo..unless I am missing something about your height and weight.

My coach had me approx 2400 cals. 250 grams of protein and 250 carbs, and just under 90 grams fat. All extremely clean foods. I dropped from 240's to 220's in like a month before he increased my food.

Last edited:

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Yup, way low on calories. Only 60 grams of fat per day? That's not even really enough for your body to produce all the necessary hormones it needs to keep yourself healthy.

Also, try cardio acceleration for fat loss. In between every set of lifts, do 30-60 seconds of cardio. Then immediately go back and do another set of lifts. Alternate cardio and weights for your entire workout. It speeds up fat loss, and actually helps to improve recovery from the weight training. Plus it takes less time in the gym. U can get weight training and cardio done in the same time that most people only get their weight training done.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Shit first thing I saw was how low his protein was per meal. Shit I almost triple that when I'm actually got my diet together.

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
5' 11"
233 lbs
I get hungry then eat a bar,chicken, or fish and am fine until next meal 3 hours later. I have been feeling great to be honest. I know the calories are not there to grow, but I can see an feel the wise and strength. Keep in mind that other than my workouts I do not burn much of anything.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
5' 11"
233 lbs
I get hungry then eat a bar,chicken, or fish and am fine until next meal 3 hours later. I have been feeling great to be honest. I know the calories are not there to grow, but I can see an feel the wise and strength. Keep in mind that other than my workouts I do not burn much of anything.

The concern here is anything much over a 500 calorie/ day deficit, you risk loosing muscle, and that's the last thing you want to do.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Just a quick glance at proteins...looks over 200 grams easily. I'll look at it more tomorrow

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Honestly brother you diet needs a lot of work. Cut the oj and oatmeal at breakfast and add 2 whole eggs and a small shake. Meal 2 steak or tuna w/ asparagus or broccoli and small banana. 3 ditch the cheese and add a small handful of almonds. 4- no bar, 4 hard boiled eggs and baby carrots. 5 OK for pre-workout reduce or omit carbs on off days, 6- shake 2 scoops casein protein blended w/ 12oz egg whites, add banana to shake for post workout meal

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Honestly brother you diet needs a lot of work. Cut the oj and oatmeal at breakfast and add 2 whole eggs and a small shake. Meal 2 steak or tuna w/ asparagus or broccoli and small banana. 3 ditch the cheese and add a small handful of almonds. 4- no bar, 4 hard boiled eggs and baby carrots. 5 OK for pre-workout reduce or omit carbs on off days, 6- shake 2 scoops casein protein blended w/ 12oz egg whites, add banana to shake for post workout meal

This diet is much better.

Hell, I would drop the banana in meal 2 and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil...

I'd go with:

Meal 1 - 2 whole eggs, 6 egg whites, 1 cup veggies

Meal 2 - 6oz lean beef with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 cup of veggies

Meal 3 - 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 cup of veggies OR 3 cups leafy greans, 1 oz almonds OR 1tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (mix with balsamic and lemon juice for a dressing).

Meal 4 - 25g whey isolate / whey blend with 2 whole eggs (hard boiled)

Meal 5 - 6 oz lean fish (tilapia or cod) or boneless skinless chicken, 1 cup jasmine rice (training days only) OR on off days, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 cups green veggies

Meal 6 - 50g whey / casein blend or 30g casein mixed with 1 cup of egg whites in the blender. On training days add 1/2 cup of oats or 1 banana

That is how I would adjust the diet....

Last edited:

bigpoppie

Mar 24, 2012
Wow didnt think it was that bad. I already do not eat the cheese, banana, or oatmeal.
Meal 1 is always a shake. Eggs are substituted for any of the 6 meals from time to time.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Wow didnt think it was that bad. I already do not eat the cheese, banana, or oatmeal.
Meal 1 is always a shake. Eggs are substituted for any of the 6 meals from time to time.

No offense to your "coach" but if he/she set that up for you they aren't worth their salt... can their ass and work with someone that will truly work with you to meet your goals, not give you some cookie cutter plan...