©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Back mass

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
OK, stupid question time: what is the "t-bar" move you guys keep referring to? I just started hitting my back harder than i used to with wide-grip pulldowns, bent over and up right barbells , shrugs, deadlifts, and wide-grip pull-ups....but "t-bars???"

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Stick a bar in a corner somewhere. Load the other end and grab a seated row attatchment. Straddle the bar just behind the plates and slide the attatchment up the bar till it hits the 2" part and start rowing. Some gyms have a set up for this. There are also machines you rest your chest against. Many dont use those since it a good way to pass yourself out!

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Stick a bar in a corner somewhere. Load the other end and grab a seated row attatchment. Straddle the bar just behind the plates and slide the attatchment up the bar till it hits the 2" part and start rowing. Some gyms have a set up for this. There are also machines you rest your chest against. Many dont use those since it a good way to pass yourself out!

Thank you SO much...I've seen these quite a lot and never had a clue WTF they were called....!

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I actually consider chest supported T-bar rows and corner rows (or landmine rows) two separate exercises.

The chest supported rows are great if you have trouble/pain in your lower back or already have a lot of exercises that are taxing on your lower back.

The angle of the pull is usually a little different as well. When you chest is supported generally the path of the lever goes right through you chest almost like the reverse action of a bench press. Whereas the corner rows seem to lend themselves to more angled/vertical motion and the path of the movement tends to cross lower on your torso than chest supported rows. Aside from being a great back thickness exercise, corner rows really put a lot of stress on the traps as well.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
For a change of the tbar that's on a stand I'll load plates on the end and stand sideways in front, and do one arm tbar by gripping end of bar
Take pressure off lower back. Killer

Nothing stupid to ask milburn .heck I learn every day I hope.

Last edited:

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Barbell rows dumbell rows deadsand most variations. One I used quite a bit in the 80's -strapped deadhang power cleans . 3-4 sets of 6-12 and you will know you did them the next day.

Jeremiah

Feb 6, 2013
Well!!!Fitness is the necessary for keep the healthy lifestyle and health and fitness.So we should take care of one's body system health and health and fitness.Different people use the different method and diets for the gain the weight but HCG eating plan so good and effective eating plan for obtain the mass and body system muscles...

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well!!!Fitness is the necessary for keep the healthy lifestyle and health and fitness.So we should take care of one's body system health and health and fitness.Different people use the different method and diets for the gain the weight but HCG eating plan so good and effective eating plan for obtain the mass and body system muscles...

Oh great." Well "person has returned In a new name. Please join curves for education ..:spam:

Dan1

Feb 25, 2013
I do push ups and pull ups for gaining mass on my back,They are very useful exercises,In fact i have gained a little bit of mas already it is strengthen now tight skin and in proper shape,Go running and do abdominal exercises that will help you in gaining mass at back.