©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Your Girl Have Guy Friends???

W

wolfyEVH

any of you guys' girls have male friends and you can't stand it? For the longest time I wasn't too thrilled about my girl having so many close guy friends but I've learned to deal with it over the past couple years. Girls think we're just stupid and that "its just platonic friendship" but most girls are naive about things like this. Too many guys have ulterior motives. What do you all think?

taken from
http://www.doubleagent.com/article.php?a=1496

According to a poll conducted by handbag.com, it seems that men and women can’t handle just being platonic friends. Thousands of women aged 25-44 voted and revealed that women are in denial and want things their way when it comes to being friends and having sex with men.

83% did believe that they can be ‘just good friends’ while close to half polled, 45% did admit that their close male friends were ex lovers. 38% hated to see him get together with her female friends and 59% admitted to being jealous of their male friends’ friendships with other women and have even discouraged them from getting closer to a woman deemed her rival. In fact, one in ten even deliberately sabotaged their male friends’ relationship with another woman.

The poll also revealed that over a third of the women secretly have feeling for their male friend but won’t tell them for fear they will ruin the friendship. Nearly half also admitted they keep a platonic friend on the back burner whom they would consider marrying if they weren’t already married by a certain age.

Close to a fifth of the woman polled admit to having an ongoing, casual, sexual relationship with a close male friend when they aren’t in a relationship. Two-thirds say they don’t regret it, and it generally happens when they are feeling horny or drunk.

M

McKenzie

I only have a few close g/fs.....I use to have a lot of male friends but over the years the number has gotten smaller...due to the fact that when I was in a long term relationship (8 yrs) and then this past one....they didnt like me having male friends for the same reason as stated above....that they felt the male friends had ulterior motives.

W

wolfyEVH

McKenzie said:
I only have a few close g/fs.....I use to have a lot of male friends but over the years the number has gotten smaller...due to the fact that when I was in a long term relationship (8 yrs) and then this past one....they didnt like me having male friends for the same reason as stated above....that they felt the male friends had ulterior motives.

interesting...i was waiting for you to reply mckenzie!

W

wolfyEVH

this part struck me as well.....

"Nearly half also admitted they keep a platonic friend on the back burner whom they would consider marrying if they weren’t already married by a certain age"

M

McKenzie

wolfyEVH said:
interesting...i was waiting for you to reply mckenzie!

I'm a good girl/girlfriend Wolfy...I would give up my guy friends for my boyfriend....no prob. My past relationships speak for itself...they are usually long term.

M

McKenzie

wolfyEVH said:
this part struck me as well.....

"Nearly half also admitted they keep a platonic friend on the back burner whom they would consider marrying if they weren’t already married by a certain age"

thats crap! I mean I may have one or two hang around for other purposes such as taking out the trash and moving furniture. :rolleyes:

oh wolfy...was I not suppose to respond to this? :confused:

W

wolfyEVH

McKenzie said:
thats crap! I mean I may have one or two hang around for other purposes such as taking out the trash and moving furniture. :rolleyes:

oh wolfy...was I not suppose to respond to this? :confused:

haha...well it said "nearly half" so you're the other "GOOD" half... :)

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
rings true

That is spot on. I'm married and my only good girlfriends are ex-lovers. They definitely are keeping me on the back burner as a possible plan B. I detect jealousy and all the rest from them.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
looks like we have to take a chance here and put some trust upfront, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

mckenzie pretend here for a min.. if i was to be dating you.. how would you feel if i asked if i can have girls call me to talk about stuff i cant talk to you about? its just so shady/awkward dont you agree?

Anyways...
My next internet venture is gonna be similiar to the layout of anasci. But created to tell if your chick is legit(instead of your steroid source).. oh.. i got this one.

M

McKenzie

I'm lost Anasci...are you going to open up an internet dating board?

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
McKenzie said:
I'm lost Anasci...are you going to open up an internet dating board?

im joking about the site, but the girl situation. how do you feel about that

M

McKenzie

Thats tough...I guess it would depend upon the individual *being you* and if I trusted you and how much I cared about your relationship.

Obviously we dont communicate well if you're askin to talk to other girls about our probs. :( I mean jesus Anasci...just come out and tell me....are you cheating on my ass :mad:

j/k

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
There is not one straight man on this planet who is "friends" with a girl who he doesn't either want to sleep with or hasn't already has slept with ......and wants to sleep with again...

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
wolfyEVH said:
any of you guys' girls have male friends and you can't stand it? For the longest time I wasn't too thrilled about my girl having so many close guy friends but I've learned to deal with it over the past couple years. Girls think we're just stupid and that "its just platonic friendship" but most girls are naive about things like this. Too many guys have ulterior motives. What do you all think?

taken from
http://www.doubleagent.com/article.php?a=1496

Close to a fifth of the woman polled admit to having an ongoing, casual, sexual relationship with a close male friend when they aren’t in a relationship. Two-thirds say they don’t regret it, and it generally happens when they are feeling horny or drunk.

I've always known this to be true. Now I have a pole to back it up. But, if you read the pole it's not just the men. Women also have an alterior motive in these relationships. They just pretend they don't know what is really going on.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Anasci.org said:
looks like we have to take a chance here and put some trust upfront, prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

mckenzie pretend here for a min.. if i was to be dating you.. how would you feel if i asked if i can have girls call me to talk about stuff i cant talk to you about? its just so shady/awkward dont you agree?

Here is my view.

This is emotional cheating.

It may not be sexual yet, but the potential is ever looming.

If you really want any relationship to work, there must be some level of forsaking everyone else.

As the pole stated, many of these male friends are either ex lovers or casual sex partners when they are horny, but not technically dating. Why would you hang on to and foster those relationships?

I don't care how naive you ACT. On some level you know what you are really doing. This is not about trust. The fact of the matter is, if Adam abd Eve could not resist temptation, know one else can either. To thine own self be true. You may lie to everyone else, but don't lie to yourself.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
imdaman1 said:
There is not one straight man on this planet who is "friends" with a girl who he doesn't either want to sleep with or hasn't already has slept with ......and wants to sleep with again...

And that is true of all straight men, but if you admit it you are the bad guy. They say they want honesty, but they don't really.

W

wolfyEVH

BUMP for those who havent seen this....love to see more replies

Macstanton

Nov 21, 2005
imdaman1 said:

I can definitely vouch for that one. Girls despise it when guys have friends that are girls, especially when sex or a relationship was involved in the past. "You still wanna have sex with her!" or "You still want to be with her!" It will never stop.