©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

wow

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
alright so today was cardio before workout then back/delts.
Being stupid, I then decided to jump back on the bike for another 10 minutes--Not a good idea. after 5 minutes i cramped up so bad i had to lay on the floor in the middle of the gym in order for it to calm down. The stares people give are the greatest haha.
just a story i had to share with you guys.

P

pincrusher

sounds like you have low potassium levels. try eating some banana's every day or drink some tonic water. it may also have been dehydration so make sure you drink lots if water throughout the day and not just during your workouts.

another suggestion i wanted to make is to change your cardio till after your workout. doing it before your workout will rob your body of valuable energy that will be needed to sustain maximum effort while lifting. you will also put yourself in a higher risk category for injury when doing cardio first because of the energy expenditure. you could also change your workout routine to hgih reps low weight and only take 30 second rests between sets. this will act as a great cardio workout and you would be able to cut down on treadmill or bike time. this is how i have my wife doing her workouts because she was having a time issue and couldnt fit in the needed cardio sessions she is used to doing. has done wonders to her body working out like this and it makes for a much faster workout so you are in & out of the gym much faster.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
pincrusher said:
sounds like you have low potassium levels. try eating some banana's every day or drink some tonic water. it may also have been dehydration so make sure you drink lots if water throughout the day and not just during your workouts.

another suggestion i wanted to make is to change your cardio till after your workout. doing it before your workout will rob your body of valuable energy that will be needed to sustain maximum effort while lifting. you will also put yourself in a higher risk category for injury when doing cardio first because of the energy expenditure. you could also change your workout routine to hgih reps low weight and only take 30 second rests between sets. this will act as a great cardio workout and you would be able to cut down on treadmill or bike time. this is how i have my wife doing her workouts because she was having a time issue and couldnt fit in the needed cardio sessions she is used to doing. has done wonders to her body working out like this and it makes for a much faster workout so you are in & out of the gym much faster.

Hey Pin...I like to do 15 to 30 min of cardio after my weights (every other day.) Is there any down side to this. Doing cardio after weights dosent mess up potential gains does it?

P

pincrusher

Freejay said:
Hey Pin...I like to do 15 to 30 min of cardio after my weights (every other day.) Is there any down side to this. Doing cardio after weights dosent mess up potential gains does it?
the only downside would be that you are burning up calories that could be used for building muscle. alot of people do some form of cardio even when on bulking diets to help cut down on fat gains. it will be something you will have to experiment with to find a good fit between doing to much and not gaining or not at all and gaining fat.
if you have a fast metabolism i would not recommend doing any cardio but for those of us who can gain fat just by sniffing a potato chip, then cardio is usually something that can be done a few times per week while bulking. :)

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
today i took 500mg of potassium 500mg of taurine and drank close to a gallon of water and i still cramped up while doing legs. Not sure whats causing it.

Pin, i do light cardio 7-8min just to get my heart moving before workouts, usually my cardio is in the mornings or a light cardio after workout.

Freejay

Feb 3, 2005
Michigan
dugie82 said:
today i took 500mg of potassium 500mg of taurine and drank close to a gallon of water and i still cramped up while doing legs. Not sure whats causing it.

Pin, i do light cardio 7-8min just to get my heart moving before workouts, usually my cardio is in the mornings or a light cardio after workout.

What is your carb intake looking like. Also, are you getting enough sodium in your diet.

dugie82

Banned
May 13, 2004
Texas
i dont exactly count my carbs, but i pretty much eat everything i can. Mostly it's meat but i throw in starches 1-2 meals out of the day.

KILLA

Banned
Feb 25, 2005
dugie82 said:
alright so today was cardio before workout then back/delts.
Being stupid, I then decided to jump back on the bike for another 10 minutes--Not a good idea. after 5 minutes i cramped up so bad i had to lay on the floor in the middle of the gym in order for it to calm down. The stares people give are the greatest haha.
just a story i had to share with you guys.

Gotta be DBol pumps if I were to guess. When I work my back, knots pop-up all over.

How much Dbol are you eating a day and when?