©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Woman Hides 55k Euro in Her Stomach

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Spanish woman hides 55k Euro in her stomach, first of its type | The NEWS

A woman arriving from Belgium was arrested at an airport in the Dominican Republic with 55,500 euros hidden in her stomach and 54,602 in her luggage, anti-drugs police said Sunday.

The 40-year-old, a Spanish national of Dominican origin, was snared at the international airport in Punta Cana after flying in from Brussels, the National Drug Control Office (DNCD) said.

Intelligence services were warned about the woman’s arrival and the cash in her stomach — contained in 16 capsules — was confirmed by X-ray.

The total sum of euros is the equivalent of about $140,000; travellers are allowed to bring in a maximum of $10,000 without reporting it.

According to the National Drug Control Agency spokesman Dario Medrano, the cash the woman was trying to smuggle into the small nation, is likely linked to drug trafficking.

Dominican authorities say this is the first time they have arrested someone who was smuggling money in the stomach. What is more common is people hiding drugs in their stomachs.

PRIDE

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Apr 2, 2009
Guess you're not allowed to use your stomach as a bank :p

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
After those capsules come out it gives a whole new meaning to "money laundering".

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Idk how these people even have the balls to try such a thing. Id be too worried something would get lodged in my digestive tract and end up needing emergency surgery to remove it. I find it amazing that it even works since nothing gets broken down...

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Idk how these people even have the balls to try such a thing. Id be too worried something would get lodged in my digestive tract and end up needing emergency surgery to remove it. I find it amazing that it even works since nothing gets broken down...

I assume she was getting quite a bit of reimbursement for doing such an idiotic thing, but hey to each their own.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
I guess if she died from it they would just open up the piggy bank. I don't even think you could crap that out.