©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Winter time workout problems

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Ok is it just me or does anyone else have this problem. I workout hard and heavy all spring and summer and them as soon as the wether changed to fall and it gets cool ifs hard to get up and go. Almost like my drive drops. It's like this every year. This yeR it's worse I think bc I work full time and have gone back to school again and am mentally exhausted but does anyone else experience this around fall or winter? If so why?

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Nope it sounds like you just have a lot on your plate and getting run down. Summer time is actually harder cause I have more to do with the it being warm and sunny outside

swolesearcher

AnaSCI VET
May 31, 2013
i feel a little bit more sleepy during the winter... but it`s more of a mental thing because of the cold weather and rain makes me wanna seep i think

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I just hate winter, period. But never would it kill my training.

Do you have seasonal affective disorder? Try adding vitamin D and using stress reduction techniques (deep breathing exercises, mental and emotional exercises to reduce stress, meditation, yoga, or whatever relaxes you and helps you unwind).

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I toom was thinking maybe a bit of seasonal disorder.. I train well in the cold months . I too don't care for winter here in Chicago. Can be brutal.
Been lucky last two years. You have a lot going on. I trained at 430 am worked a mentally and physically taxing job for 9-12 hrs then went back to the gym for 90 minutes -2 hrs in the evening. I was much younger then.
Sounds very much like seasonal disorder. As AA stated try implementing his suggestions.10-15 minutes ina tanning bed weekly might help as well. Good luck, T..

Adam_david

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks again bros. I was kinda thinking that with the weather change it just threw a wrench in my daily habits. And jim ur right about having a lot on my plate. I always feel like I'm in a freaking hurry

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I know how you feel, except for me is the summer. Hot and tired, it's hard to motivate yourself at times. I always take great pride in thinking when everyone else is in their air conditioned homes drinking beer, I am busting my ass in the gym getting closer to my goals. This is why we stand out. Always convince yourself to just do half a workout, I guarentee you'll finish it!

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Nope it sounds like you just have a lot on your plate and getting run down. Summer time is actually harder cause I have more to do with the it being warm and sunny outside

Even though winter is depressing, I like big jim am so busy in the summer and tired from the heat that time and energy are hard to come by.

Hawk

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I hate dark winters but I try to train hard in then too... it helps my mood and energy level. Are you training early before the day gets nuts with job and school? I used to do that and loved it. Great start to the day.

Don't worry if you don't feel like deadlifting 400 lbs first thing in the AM when you walk into the gym. Start the session slow and warm the body up, you'll find you get more motivated. If your schedule is tight, just train a few days a week or bust them up into short intense workouts. Great way to clear your mind and make for a more productive day.

jameshundson

Jun 6, 2013
I never feel any issue in winter. Ya but in summer i get tired early , but i make more reps of my workout.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Winter is when I can pack on the weight and push the heavier weights. Actually, I love winter time. I can be 30lbs heavier and no one really notices. But, as we all know, we are all different.

Alinshop

May 20, 2013

Same here, summer kills my energy due to he heat. Cold weather motivates me like crazy. Total opposite, i guess!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Winter is a time for growing too. I don't give a F--k if I'm less pretty for the beach and such and get down to it. What we do now should give us more to work with later . No I don't mean slam on the lard...... lol T