©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Why is my left trap so much bigger than my right?

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
So my left trap muscle is much larger than my right when flexed, I do have a small hand injury on my right hand or my tendons and ligaments were sliced through so I can not curl the tips of my last two fingers on my right hand in, and that means I do not have a complete grip on the dumbbell but I'd still shrug the same weight on both sides for the same amount of reps and I'm wondering if me not being able to fully curl the tips of my last two fingers on that dumb bill is affecting the growth of my trap, my muscles tend grow evenly everywhere else, except for the fact that my right leg muscles are bigger than my left. Lol just looking for an explanation or possible way to fix thisuploadfromtaptalk1424980547100.jpg

MikeRoss

Dec 4, 2014
This is pretty common. deadlifts are usually the culprit. If you are using a over-underhand grip on your deads (left palm towards your body, right hand facing away) your left trap is getting a ton of contraction, switch it to an under-overhand grip until things even out.

good luck bro, stay safe

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
If that's the reason, you could try hooks or straps. Have you watched yourself in the mirror?
I watch myself in the mirror every time but movements seem to be the same on both sides, I usually do sets of 30 with 90 to 100 pound dumbbells and I'll do 10 looking straight ahead 10 looking straight up in 10 looking straight down and I hold the last rep as long as I can

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
This is pretty common. deadlifts are usually the culprit. If you are using a over-underhand grip on your deads (left palm towards your body, right hand facing away) your left trap is getting a ton of contraction, switch it to an under-overhand grip until things even out.

good luck bro, stay safe
Good advice I will give that a try

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
I wouldn't stress over it. As I've stated before, I've pretty much have an imbalance with every body part.