©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Why do we listen? Warning...Rant

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
We all want to be like our hero's and find inspiration in hanging on their every word. However, I have no idea why we feel what works for them will work for us. If we conceded that people are gifted genetically why are they authorities?

I was lucky since the time when I read an article in the old Musclemag. The bbing pro had great calves and said he did almost nothing for them so why ask him for advice...why not ask someone who struggled.

Dudes at my gym ask about my 16.5" forearms...guess what I have never trained them directly, so why would I give advice ? Lets take it a step further and what about the teenage kid who looks like Arnold by the time he is 19 or the powerlifter who totalled 1600 in his first year? Yet we do...why?

These guys may have some input but I get disgusted when we follow them blindly. Give me the guy like Dave Tate or Dave Palumbo who where forced to become authorities because their genetics sucked. True they never set a new standard but they accomplished what they did thru knowledge and hard work.

Friends are always sending me videos of the elite guys and I dont watch them...why do I want to watch some freak blow me out of the water their first time at the gym. How is that inspiring? I have busted my ass for years and nothing came easy except my popeye forearms.

You do what you want but I will pass on the freaks and look to the guys who suck yet still bust ass.

Hawk

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I believe it all comes down to putting time in the gym. After you lift for so long and try different routines you will find what works best for you but people want instant everything these days.

jacked391

AnaSCI VET
Oct 18, 2012
Yup how's that go I do today what others wont so I can have later what others can't. Something to that affect yup yup!!!!

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Your right on brother! I got Popeye calves. I never had to work em.
I think it's a good idea to keep an open mind and find what suits you.

VanillaMandingo

Nov 2, 2012
When I was a younger I listened to the instructions from the Weider magazines and can honestly say that it was a huge waste of time that kept making me lose interest in working out.

joshck

Banned
Aug 5, 2013
Theres a video of rich piana saying this exact rant as u ...lol he goes on about it for like 10 min...I like watching his videos but I dont think is really telling it all like he says he is...but for the most part he is....lee priest is another favorite that talks about this a lot.

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
When I was a younger I listened to the instructions from the Weider magazines and can honestly say that it was a huge waste of time that kept making me lose interest in working out.

Mega Mass 2000 tasted like crap!

basskiller

AnaSCI VIP
Oct 29, 2004
well.. we never know until we try. Some things that work for them, might work for us.. Then again, it may not.. But that's why we try different things to hone in on what works for us.

You never know, you may find some tid bit of info from the most unlikely of places.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Theres a video of rich piana saying this exact rant as u ...lol he goes on about it for like 10 min...I like watching his videos but I dont think is really telling it all like he says he is...but for the most part he is....lee priest is another favorite that talks about this a lot.

Guess I am not alone, I will have to check out their rants as well.

Hawk