©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

When to Start

manxman

Mar 14, 2004
Hi, I'm 35, 5'8", 151 lbs. Been training for 18 months but only seriously for the last 12 months. (5 days a week).

I am clued up about diet and lifting. I've put on a stone in the last year and appear to still be gaining, albeit at a snails pace.

I'm thinking of taking a short course of steroids to boost me along a bit and I've had quite a bit of conflicting advice. I know I won't become a steroid junkie but would probably take one or two cycles per year.

Am I right to start now, considering I'm 35? It's not easy to tell when you've stopped gaining as the progress is slow. Would it be better to wait until I stop gaining?

I've been told to wait until I've acheived my natural potential. How will I know when that's happened?

How soon did everyone else start taking this stuff?

jsjs24

Dec 19, 2003
Here and there
I'd say you're good to go if you want to take it now, but waiting another yr or so wouldn't hurt either. If you start now then just do a basic test/dbol cycle.

wks 1-10 500mg test enan a wk
wks 1-5 30mg dbol ed
PCT 2 wks after last test shot
Nolvadex 60mg day 1, 40mg ed for 2 wks, 20mg ed for 2 wks

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
Welcome to the board! I agree with jsjs that you should be fine to start a cycle. You can tell when you have peaked if you are not making anymore size gains, and your strength has pretty much leveled out on your exercises. D-bol makes my nips itch. It is awesome stuff for rapid size gains, but be prepared with some Nolvadex during the cycle as well as for PCT. You may not need it, but if you do, you'll be glad you got some extra. Good luck and have fun growing!

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
jsjs24 said:
I'd say you're good to go if you want to take it now, but waiting another yr or so wouldn't hurt either. If you start now then just do a basic test/dbol cycle.

wks 1-10 500mg test enan a wk
wks 1-5 30mg dbol ed
PCT 2 wks after last test shot
Nolvadex 60mg day 1, 40mg ed for 2 wks, 20mg ed for 2 wks

I'd agree with that too. One of the reasons you may be gaining at a snails pace could be that you are getting to that age where test levels begin to drop off. Not knowing what your diet looks like, I would guess you aren't eating enough either.
I say that because a stone (I believe that's 12 pounds) in a year at your bodyweight is not much.