©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What are you benching and squatting?

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I was trying to get a figure of what everyone benches and squats. I have not been doing squats for the longest time, but started again about a 2 weeks ago. and i only started with 200. and now im up to 305.

W

wolfyEVH

only bench i do is incline db's......im doing the 80s for reps right now....doing about 305 for 4 as well on squats right now too

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I havent really got into the routine of doing incline bench, but thats helps the inner region of the pecs as opposed to regular bench that helps the outer, correct? Cool, on the squats. I love when i do the squats and girls are watching and you do a little grunt to take it off the hinge. It gets their creative juices flowing.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I dont squat w/ free weights due to injuries I have. My bench max is about 350 or so. I havent maxed in awhile. I can do 315 for 8 reps.

W

wolfyEVH

TexasCreed said:
I havent really got into the routine of doing incline bench, but thats helps the inner region of the pecs as opposed to regular bench that helps the outer, correct? Cool, on the squats. I love when i do the squats and girls are watching and you do a little grunt to take it off the hinge. It gets their creative juices flowing.

well with incline, you're increasing your range of motion, so its harder to lift heavier weights......thats why with decline, you can lift most, because you're not pushing up as far as u would with incline....not to mention you're involving the shoulders more with incline than decline/flat.....i think you're talking about the upper and lower parts of the pecs....do incline, and you'll notice most of your soreness is in the upper part, and decline its just the opposite....you are still hitting pretty much the whole pec regardless which press you are doing, but you're hitting it from different angle, which is very important IMO.....I usually do all 3 during a workout, but different types of exercises.....i'll start off (after proper warmup) with heavy incline (5-8 reps) for 3 sets.....then i'll do flat flies for 3 sets (same rep range, and going really wide and low for a good stretch) then i'll finish off with decline press for 3 sets....

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
Inclines hit upper chest where the majority of muscle is. I consider it a very important chest exercise. I don't know for sure, but I've been told not to do decline presses if you want your flat bench to increase, so I stick with flat and incline.

excape

Mar 10, 2004
bench max is 425/4, 405/5, 3sets of 315/10, squats max is 585/1, 545/5, 495/7, 405/10. But thats cause I was more into powerlifting. Now switching over into bodybuilding. Wow what a differance in workout routine. Not taking to much rest in-between gets me tired as hell. It sucks... I like my rest...