©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

What age did you really start to hit the weights?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
I was around 2o and saw the guys down at Venice beach Calif. Stopped by there yesterday and my how things have changed . And once I knew what I was doing by the teachings of some great
people i never stopped.

highdrum

Dec 14, 2012
15-16, but I never really understood the nutrition/training/supplementing importance till about 3 years ago(25)

b12

Nov 27, 2012
15... but got my real education in a hardcore gym when I was 21. It's humbling to see some of the people from that gym in magazines as pros, to know we all came out of the same small gym.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Did a little off and on in high school but wanting a car required a jod. So it was more work and less to no working out. Started back at 30 and haven't stopped sense. Didn't do my first cycle until 36 either.

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
I started working at our local YMCA when I was a freshman in H.S. We got to workout for free.

I noticed all the pretty girls would always talk about the guys that were in really good shape. Those freaking guys were getting all the pretty girls, so it didn't take me long to realize that working out and being in shape = being able to be with more pretty girls.......

Okay, maybe a little shallow, but it did help.... ALOT!!!! :headbang:

omegachewy

Dec 8, 2012
i started lifting at 10, trained for my first show at 12, competed at 13 and been going ever since.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
I started the first time at 14 when I lost a bench press contest at my buddies birthday party. I could only manage to bench 60lbs of plastic weights. By the time I was 17 I was repping with 225. I stuck with it until 23 when I got married and then it was a 7 year vacation. I became chubby and frail.

So, I made a New Years resolution when I hit 30 to hit the gym. I remember walking in a thinking I would warm up benching with just 115lbs. 7 reps was all I could muster LOL. 10 years later most people don't even believe it when the see old pictures of me ha ha.

Hawk

Ed17447

Oct 28, 2012
14. Plastic filled weights with a Weider bench. It was all i needed.

haha, I had some of those. I started young but didn't get serious till my mid 20s when I had to go on trt. And eventually learned how to take advantage of having to be on it.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Started messing around with wts here and there in grade school. Got my first real taste of what training could do at 16. I got sent away for being a bad kid
or should that be for being a kid? The hs I went to had a credit paying class called WT training. Could not have been luckier . The teacher had been a hardcore powerlifter for years, Tons of free wts benches etc with some cable machines .
He was really cool and wrote me passes out of study halls to train.
So it was 2 hours or so wt training and shit loads of raw milk and farm food, his suggestion.
Went from 128 -180 keeping a nice tight waist from beginning of september til xmas break. After that I was super hooked . At 18 I was married had kids
worked like a rabid mule for peanuts and trained 5-6 nights a week .
Lucky guy. Here I am be 51 soon, hanging out with oddballs like me .
Thanks, T

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Bought a Sears #110 weight set when I was 17-18. When I bought more #25 plates to add to it, I thought I was getting huge :rolleyes: Joined a gym in my mid-twenties. Joined a hard-core gym when I was 31. Man, I miss that place!