©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Weird chest injury, any thoughts...

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
So my buddy was on the bench I need that stuck without a spotter and strained himself not being able to get the bar up, now for the last month he says the muscles are hurting chest but it feels like the tendons and ligaments are about to snap every time you chose to work upper body any thoughts on this type of injury of what it could be?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
Where on the chest is it hurting the most? In the center near the sternum? Or outside near shoulders?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I have had two people I know pull/separate that cartilage right where the rib connects to the cartilage that connects to the sternum. One guy had a complete separation (playing golf) and another had a partial separation (in the gym) Both said it was EXTREMELY painful. Not much you can do except rest that area and let it heal. Doctor told my one friend with the total separation to give it 6 weeks. He is fine now, like nothing happened. Your friend may have over-stressed that when the bar was on his chest and that was pulled to the max.