©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

weekly routine?

Retech

Sep 18, 2014
Whats goin on guys, can you guys tell me what your weekly weight training schedule looks like? I am very confused on what muscle groups work well with each other. I would like a few inputs. I workout my chest with tricep shoulders with biceps and my back alone. Please tell me what works best for you icluding core and leg day. Thanks in advance!

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
We need more input. How long have you been training seriously and what are your goals?
And while you are waiting for replies, get your nutrition on track.

BTW, I do no specialized "Core" work.

Retech

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for replying sandpig, ive been only hitting the gym for about 6 months now, my goal right now is to gain a lil mass without getting too much fat in unwanted places like my thighs and waist. I only have time to eat 3 meals a day, im getting in about 200g of protein a day plenty of rest. I mentioned core cause im really weak in that area, want to fit in a day for a core workout. I really just wanna know what muscle groups work best together on a typical training day thanks! Im planning to cut starting january for a few months btw.

Retech

Sep 18, 2014
Also forgot to mention im in the gym for about an 1hr n a half 5-6 days a week.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
There are tons of splits.... depends on your goals. I train full body 4 days per week and have one day fro lagging body parts

Core work? You mean squats and deadlifts.....

Maybe do Heavy upper body (6-10 rep range), heavy lower body (6-10 rep range), day off, push with higher rep ranges, pull in higher rep ranges and legs in higher rep range.

And the statement "I only have time to eat 3 meals" is bogus... sorry... that is just not making time.

Bring shakes with you... 3 whole food meals and 3 shakes.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Routine 1
Chest/ calves
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs
Off
Repeat

Routine 2
Chest/ bi's
Back/ tri's
Off
Shoulders
Legs
Off
Repeat

Routine 3
Chest/ tri's
Back/ bi's
Legs/ shoulders
Off
Repeat

There's plenty of different options. We actually need stats age, weight, height, cycle experience, you said you'd only been hitting the gym for 6 months, diet

I've recently learned that diet more than any other thing is key. You can have a bad as cycle and weight lifting program bit without a good diet you won't start noticing changes.

3 meals a day ain't shit if you're littler(not trying to offend you in anyway) you're not gonna get what you're looking for as far as gains from only eating 3 times a day. Try eating 4-5 smaller meals a day and a couple shakes.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Routine 1
Chest/ calves
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Legs
Off
Repeat

Routine 2
Chest/ bi's
Back/ tri's
Off
Shoulders
Legs
Off
Repeat

Routine 3
Chest/ tri's
Back/ bi's
Legs/ shoulders
Off
Repeat

There's plenty of different options. We actually need stats age, weight, height, cycle experience, you said you'd only been hitting the gym for 6 months, diet

I've recently learned that diet more than any other thing is key. You can have a bad as cycle and weight lifting program bit without a good diet you won't start noticing changes.

3 meals a day ain't shit if you're littler(not trying to offend you in anyway) you're not gonna get what you're looking for as far as gains from only eating 3 times a day. Try eating 4-5 smaller meals a day and a couple shakes.

No one should be using gear after training for just 6 months....

Yes, diet is the most important part... if you are not eating for your goals, results will not show.

For someone who is new to training, a higher training frequency is often advisable as it develops the neural connections and increases the efficiency with which the electrical impulses contract and recruit muscle fibers. Try to hit each body part at least twice per week....

One option I like is something like this:

Day 1: Quads, hamstrings, calves, back width, back thickness
Day 2: Chest, shoulders, tris and bis
Rest - if needed
Day 3: Quads, hamstrings, calves, back width, back thickness
Day 4: Chest, shoulders, tris and bis
Rest - Rest if needed
Day 5: Quads, hamstrings, calves, back width, back thickness
Day 6: Chest, shoulders, tris and bis
Rest - if needed
Repeat

Each day use a different exercise for the given bodypart. Do 4sets to failure for each bodypart. set 1, 12-15, set 2, 8-10, set 3, 6-8 and set 4, 20-25 with either partials or a drop set or static hold at the end of the set

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
I was confused as to what he meant by 6 months? Like just being back in the gym for 6 months or only been lifting for 6 months or what?

Regardless of what we tell these newer guys about waiting til they're older etc. They're not gonna listen.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Like these guys said, eat more

Even when trying to lean out you should be eating st least 5 times
I eat 7 no matter what I'm trying to do. Just the macros change
As far as a routine. I still consider you to be a beginner. I believe in whole body workouts 3x's per week.
Use compound movements only.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I was confused as to what he meant by 6 months? Like just being back in the gym for 6 months or only been lifting for 6 months or what?

Regardless of what we tell these newer guys about waiting til they're older etc. They're not gonna listen.

True story...

Retech

Sep 18, 2014
Thanks everybody for your input, im not using any gear and wont be consideringit for a while. Thanks phoe2006 for showing me a schedule thats the rkind of reply i was lookin for. Thanks everybody tho im 21 and yes a beginner.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
My routine I follow is like one of those. And good to hear you're not considering gear for a while most newbies don't listen to our advice