©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

wasting BAC water?

winby3

Apr 20, 2015
Hi All, just curious if anyone "saves" their BAC water as my understanding is that once the rubber bottle is pierced, the bac water only stays good for 30 days?

I buy the 30ML Bac water bottles since it's not much more expensive than the 10ML bottles.. so I dump 20ML of BAC water down the drain to get to 10ML to administer my hcg, which makes the math very easy.

Am I able to save the other 20 ML somehow?

I thought about putting into another vial, but the vial costs more then the 20ML of extra bac water, thanks.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Save a few cents and buy the 10mL bottle so you're not wasting anything. It doesn't make any sense to spend more money on a larger amount just to dump 2/3 of it down the drain.

sodzl

May 10, 2013
it's sterile water with benzyl alcohol.. I don't think it can go "bad"

cuz

Mar 7, 2006
I've used it well over a year after piercing the stopper. It was still good.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
Hi All, just curious if anyone "saves" their BAC water as my understanding is that once the rubber bottle is pierced, the bac water only stays good for 30 days?

I buy the 30ML Bac water bottles since it's not much more expensive than the 10ML bottles.. so I dump 20ML of BAC water down the drain to get to 10ML to administer my hcg, which makes the math very easy.

Am I able to save the other 20 ML somehow?

I thought about putting into another vial, but the vial costs more then the 20ML of extra bac water, thanks.

As long as you keep it cold in the fridge its fine. Pharma BAC water is getting harder to find,,,I wouldn't waste it.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
I keep mine in the fridge after I open it. The alcohol in it, with the cold temp, keeps it good for a very long time.

My problem is remembering that I have an open one - I tend to open another and then slap my head as I put it in the fridge, right next to the other one...