©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

UFC 183: Silva vs Diaz

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Hoping that nothing happens between now and then to stop this fight...I don't like the Diaz brothers and am hoping to see Nick get knocked the fuck out!

Anderson Silva Returns to Meet Nick Diaz in Middleweight Clash at UFC 183

The rumors were true: Anderson Silva will face Nick Diaz in his UFC return on Jan. 31.

UFC President Dana White announced the bout during SportsCenter on Tuesday. The matchup will take place at UFC 183 in Las Vegas as part of the promotion’s traditional Super Bowl weekend card. A UFC official confirmed to Sherdog.com that the bout will take place at 185 pounds, Silva’s natural weight class. Diaz normally competes at welterweight.

Silva was recently cleared to spar for the first time since undergoing surgery for a broken leg suffered against Chris Weidman at UFC 168 in December. The longtime middleweight champion relinquished his belt to Weidman at UFC 162 following 17 consecutive victories. “The Spider” turned 39 years old in April.

Diaz signed a three-fight contract extension with the UFC last week. The former Strikeforce welterweight king last fought at UFC 158, losing a five-round verdict to Georges St. Pierre in a 170-pound title tilt. The Stockton, Calif., resident announced his retirement after the bout.

"I'd be interested in fighting [Anderson Silva] and anything that's going to do well," Diaz told UFC.com shortly after his new deal was announced. "As far as Anderson Silva, I think that would be a great fight for people to see because he has my type of style."

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Silva will run right through Diaz. Kind of surprised that Diaz would move back to middleweight? Seems like 170 would be a better place for him

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Looks like it's almost time for this to go down...After this many months on the burner, who's everyone got?! Never liked Diaz, so I'm rooting for Silva.....

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
I'll go with Silva if he is back to form and not wearing down from age. Nick has cardio for days, so the longer the fight goes, it helps him out imo.

Just thinking out loud....I don't think Weidman has the best stand-up, but he was able to connect on Silva a few times during their fights (as was Sonnen). Nick has better stand-up, so it makes it interesting in this regard. Silva obviously has more weapons when you add in kicks and height. I'm interested in knowing if this will go to the ground at all....i'm leaning towards a NO on that, but wondering if it is in either teams strategy.

We still have a week for Nick to blow the fight though...it's getting closer, but anything can happen with this guy. lol

I'm not a Diaz fan either.

swiftnhbfighter

Nov 2, 2012
Earth
I'm a Diaz fan so my prediction could be biased. Silva's chin hasn't been the same, he's seems slower, and I can't imagine he's had time to really get back to par since that really god awful leg break. Diaz imo has better stand up than any fighter Silva has faced yet and Nick is way better on the ground than Silva. The only way I see Nick losing this fight is if he gets cocky and starts talking shit during the fight rather than fighting him. I think Diaz will win by KO.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Spoiler alert!

I'm a Diaz fan so my prediction could be biased. Silva's chin hasn't been the same, he's seems slower, and I can't imagine he's had time to really get back to par since that really god awful leg break. Diaz imo has better stand up than any fighter Silva has faced yet and Nick is way better on the ground than Silva. The only way I see Nick losing this fight is if he gets cocky and starts talking shit during the fight rather than fighting him. I think Diaz will win by KO.

And that's what happened!

If he had spent that time moving forward and scoring points, he may have won the fight. Nick needs to be more aggressive in fights.

swiftnhbfighter

Nov 2, 2012
Earth
Lol, damn that Nick Diaz! It was like he didn't even try to win. He totally could of won that fight. I love that dude but man he's got issues.